ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 08-18-2019, 04:00 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpaceman View Post
Brissett was sharp last night, made me feel much better about him as the starter if Luck is not ready

On the other hand, just get Walker off the field. Complete waste. Just give Brissett and Kelly the time from here on out in preseason.

Mack, you take the good and the bad. He is a pretty good starter. he has speed. but one play in particular, he followed the play into the hole to the left and where it was supposed to go, but there was a HUGE cutback lane to the right where he jukes or uses his speed to beat one guy and it could have been a huge gain.

Funchess looks solid, which after years of searching for a #2 WR to TY I will be happy with if he does just that.

Cain made some plays that showed his potential when healthy

The red zone D was awful, but I am going to be an optimist and say it was due to vanilla zone D that they would not normally run in that situation.
I’m going to defend MacK, its hard to see the game in front of you unless you get more game reps

As the season progresses, he will see it. I wouldnt play him in preseason, so after game 2, he will have it. Its not a math problem, with a known answer. Its what he sees that must be translated to his feet

There might be a few true major-league baseball players who could show up at spring training and hit a slider with no practice.

What I think Colt fans need to remember is that Mac will see it and commit to it put his nose down hill and go get some yards he doesn’t Pittypat screw around and get 1 yard he gets 3 to 3 1/2 yards.

Third and 2 1/2 is a great advantage to the Colts offense and that’s what he did for us last year.
Old 08-18-2019, 04:22 PM

Thanked 2,568 Times in 1,147 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 View Post
Rogers played like he thinks his spot is much safer than I do, but keep in mind he'll be evaluated on totality of what he's done and not just a bad PR decision or shoulda-been fumble (still: that was a bad game for a guy fighting for a roster spot.)

I think Reich has signaled that Rogers would be on the opening day roster if cuts were made today. Of course, things can change between now and the season opener.

https://twitter.com/JoelAErickson/st...40071505178624

Quote:
Reich: "Chester's our No. 1 returner right now. ... You can do the math on that."

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 View Post
Campbell ... I kinda wonder if he's a PUP candidate? Just seems like we haven't heard anything there, and he's so far behind that you could get away with a PUP stash

Reich didn't have any injury updates on Campbell today....

https://twitter.com/JoelAErickson/st...40487584342024

Quote:
Nothing new on Parris Campbell yet, per Reich. The longer this hamstring lingers, the harder it is for a rookie to hit the ground running.

Last edited by AlwaysSunnyinIndy; 08-18-2019 at 04:25 PM.
Old 08-18-2019, 06:50 PM

Thanked 1,889 Times in 921 Posts

Cain had a good night overall but those hands are still pretty rough. Almost Heyward-Beyesque.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
JAFF (08-21-2019), Oldcolt (08-18-2019)
Old 08-18-2019, 10:51 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Our run game and run defense look horrible. I blame the former because too many starters out and the latter on our vanilla defense. Actually that gives vanilla a bad name, I would say it is tasteless paste defense. Preseason is kind of a joke sometimes.

That said, Turay is still a liability in the run game. He has no feel for gap discipline and is desperate to overpursue. He will open up some huge cut back lanes if he doesn't figure that out. His pass rush is progressing, keeps his feet and hands active, and spun the OT around, still don't think he is a finished product though.

Carrun Reid is a guy I like for this defense, I just don't know if he can crack it. When he gets chances he definitely shows something.

Cain is coming along. Baby steps. Still think it will be TY, Funchess, Rogers, Cambell, Cain. Don't think they keep six. I think they need four TE's because Doyle gets dinged a lot and the Hengtes kid is a lot like Doyle. This could be Doyle's last season. I hate hamstring injuries on WR's, they seem to stay with them all season.

Yet again Reich should have gone for the tie.
Old 08-19-2019, 03:26 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

I agree with you about Turay although I would just emphasize that the guy is making progress. It's up to the coaches to put him in situations where his strengths shine. It's up to him to improve his run defense. I think he will but it will take time.

I like your analysis of receiver/tight ends. Beyond the five wr's you've pointed out nobody (except Fountain) has really shown anything game time wise. It could still happen but not likely. At tight end Henteges blocks and doesn't drop passes. If he continues to develop it gives us the option of not re-signing Doyle (I know but a cheap Henteges may save money to sine someone else in a place where we are thin). I'm thinking we keep him. I still worry about Cain's hands.
Old 08-19-2019, 03:32 PM

Thanked 1,889 Times in 921 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
I agree with you about Turay although I would just emphasize that the guy is making progress. It's up to the coaches to put him in situations where his strengths shine. It's up to him to improve his run defense. I think he will but it will take time.

I like your analysis of receiver/tight ends. Beyond the five wr's you've pointed out nobody (except Fountain) has really shown anything game time wise. It could still happen but not likely. At tight end Henteges blocks and doesn't drop passes. If he continues to develop it gives us the option of not re-signing Doyle (I know but a cheap Henteges may save money to sine someone else in a place where we are thin). I'm thinking we keep him. I still worry about Cain's hands.
I really like Hentges. Good, willing blocker and an underrated athlete.

The Colts really are stacked at TE. Doyle and Hentges as the blocking, all around TE’s and Ebron and Ali-Cox as the athletes. Plus, Travis is a decent athlete coming back from injury.

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if one of these guys are traded.

Last edited by Hoopsdoc; 08-19-2019 at 03:35 PM.
Old 08-19-2019, 05:22 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
I really like Hentges. Good, willing blocker and an underrated athlete.

The Colts really are stacked at TE. Doyle and Hentges as the blocking, all around TE’s and Ebron and Ali-Cox as the athletes. Plus, Travis is a decent athlete coming back from injury.

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if one of these guys are traded.
Mo-Allie Cox is considered the best blocking TE on the team.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
GoBigBlue88 (08-20-2019), Hoopsdoc (08-20-2019)
Old 08-20-2019, 08:24 AM

Thanked 1,180 Times in 356 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
Mo-Allie Cox is considered the best blocking TE on the team.
Yeah; I've been confused as to why multiple people here keep saying he's not a good blocker. He's the best blocker. His route-running and overall awareness of the receiving game has been the element he's most needed to develop.
Old 08-20-2019, 10:17 AM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
10. Denico Autry is going to be a terror. That's one impact DL I buy full stock in.

Aye, the Athletic said this about him in a story a couple days back:

"Defensive tackle Denico Autry’s been unblockable and looks primed for a breakout season. Well, that’s if you didn’t already consider his nine-sack performance in 2018 to be a breakout year. Autry, typically going against the Colts’ starting offensive line, harassed his teammates across the line and left the likes of 2018 first-round pick Quenton Nelson humbled, at times.

One of the hopes the Colts have for 2019 is that they’re not only able to rush off the edges but also collapse the quarterback pocket from the inside out. Autry’s performance in training camp suggests they’ll be able to do that. And if offenses opt to double-team him, they’re going to leave huge lanes open for linebackers like Darius Leonard to make plays in the backfield – hardly a better option."

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pez For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (08-20-2019), Oldcolt (08-20-2019)
Old 08-20-2019, 08:28 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
Aye, the Athletic said this about him in a story a couple days back:

"Defensive tackle Denico Autry’s been unblockable and looks primed for a breakout season. Well, that’s if you didn’t already consider his nine-sack performance in 2018 to be a breakout year. Autry, typically going against the Colts’ starting offensive line, harassed his teammates across the line and left the likes of 2018 first-round pick Quenton Nelson humbled, at times.

One of the hopes the Colts have for 2019 is that they’re not only able to rush off the edges but also collapse the quarterback pocket from the inside out. Autry’s performance in training camp suggests they’ll be able to do that. And if offenses opt to double-team him, they’re going to leave huge lanes open for linebackers like Darius Leonard to make plays in the backfield – hardly a better option."

Yep . And there were a lot of people that wanted us to use a #1 on the 3 Tech. Very glad we didnt. they guys is and will be a terror. Also don't forget about Ward. He will also flourish at 3 tech. He played very well before the injury