ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 01-14-2019, 04:38 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965southpaw View Post
I'm less inclined to think Ballard will trade draft picks to gain a FA such as Brown after just watching his live press conference. He was asked the specific question, "are you open to trading away one of your 9 picks in a FA deal". Though his answer was "we will look at each situation on a case by case basis", before he answered his body language screamed Hell No. He immediately squinted and shook his head no, then verbally gave his noncommittal answer.

The link to the presser hasn't been posted yet. I watched it live streamed on Facebook and I'm always aggravated by the comments from some of the idiots that post. The most notable were calls to trade Ebron and AC. You just can't fix stupid so I don't even try when I see that.
I saw the second half of his presser. I like ballard, I like his demeanor, I like his answers. We are in good hands between him and reich. Irsay got his hires right this time and is letting them do their jobs vice what happened in the last regime.
Old 01-14-2019, 04:41 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Ballard wants to draft the next Antonio Brown, not trade assets for a 31 year old AB with team cancer written all over him.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VeveJones007 For This Useful Post:
Chromeburn (01-14-2019), Pez (01-15-2019), smitty46953 (01-14-2019)
Old 01-14-2019, 05:04 PM

I just can't see us signing Brown. Ballard made a special point of emphasizing during his press conference today how important the locker room culture is to him. I fully realize that it's unlikely that any of us have first hand information about Brown's character or personality, and we mostly rely upon the media for that information, but Brown is at the center of a massive locker room dispute right now. And his own teammates are coming out against him, not to mention team owner Art Rooney. Signing Brown would be hard to explain.
Old 01-14-2019, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
I just can't see us signing Brown. Ballard made a special point of emphasizing during his press conference today how important the locker room culture is to him. I fully realize that it's unlikely that any of us have first hand information about Brown's character or personality, and we mostly rely upon the media for that information, but Brown is at the center of a massive locker room dispute right now. And his own teammates are coming out against him, not to mention team owner Art Rooney. Signing Brown would be hard to explain.
The fact that both Bell and Brown have issues in that locker room makes you wonder what the hell is really going on there in Pittsburgh. Is Brown a malcontent? Or is he just a symptom of a bigger problem? I’d like for Ballard to look into it, and then I’d trust his opinion on whether or not it was worth it. What I hope he doesn’t do is just turn his nose up at it and say “we do what we do” and not even consider it. Brown is to good of a player at a position of need to not at least entertain the thought and do some homework.
Old 01-14-2019, 06:11 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
The fact that both Bell and Brown have issues in that locker room makes you wonder what the hell is really going on there in Pittsburgh. Is Brown a malcontent? Or is he just a symptom of a bigger problem? I’d like for Ballard to look into it, and then I’d trust his opinion on whether or not it was worth it. What I hope he doesn’t do is just turn his nose up at it and say “we do what we do” and not even consider it. Brown is to good of a player at a position of need to not at least entertain the thought and do some homework.
Agreed, but if there's anything I trust most about Ballard, it's that he and his staff will do all the due diligence necessary. They couldn't have built the locker room that they have without it.
Old 01-14-2019, 06:46 PM

Thanked 4,371 Times in 2,518 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
Grigson primarily failed in the draft, along with being an overall douche. He didn’t have big hits in free agency, but he maintained flexibility and added some useable short term pieces. Good enough to get to an AFCCG. The issue was that there were never any youngsters contributing or taking the older free agents place. I don’t care what you add in free agency or how you build your team, when you have a three year run of: Werner, Trent Richardson, Dorsette from your first round picks the team is going to feel it. Free agency was not the reason Grigsons teams failed and Ballard certainly shouldn’t ignore it.

As far as Brown is concerned, I’d prefer him over Bell out of the two Steelers guys mainly because I see a massive hole at WR that I don’t see at RB. I wouldn’t be upset at giving a 2nd for him, but I also wouldn’t be jumping up and down at the chance to either.
Dorsett has done better in New England than here. Maybe Pagano screwed the kid up. Granted, he is not performing at first round level.
Old 01-14-2019, 06:53 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,598 Times in 2,015 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
I saw the second half of his presser. I like ballard, I like his demeanor, I like his answers. We are in good hands between him and reich. Irsay got his hires right this time and is letting them do their jobs vice what happened in the last regime.
Its up

https://www.colts.com/video/colts-gm...on-2018-season
Old 01-14-2019, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
Dorsett has done better in New England than here. Maybe Pagano screwed the kid up. Granted, he is not performing at first round level.
I think his 2nd season with the Colts is still his best year. Either way, him still being in the league 4 years later is about the best thing you can say for those 3 guys.
The Following User Says Thank You to rm1369 For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (01-15-2019)
Old 01-15-2019, 02:14 AM
Historian

Thanked 3,266 Times in 2,014 Posts

o

Guys Like Antonio Brown, Le'Veon Bell will Never Play for this Colts GM

(By Gregg Doyel)

https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...rd/2574206002/

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (01-15-2019)
Old 01-15-2019, 04:38 AM
TROLL

Ballard is doing a great job, whatever he decides I'm fine with. Although I would like to see him go after 1 or 2 high profile free agents this offseason. Team can be built through the draft but the one year Colts won the SB, they picked up Booger McFarland in the offseason at a position of need.

Not sure if Brown's character / off-field issues are worth it, but that's why Ballard gets paid the $$$ to make those decisions.