ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-14-2022, 12:25 AM

Thanked 2,250 Times in 1,174 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
Nope, your opiniated facts. Not actual facts..
No real facts, not fox facts.
Old 02-14-2022, 02:58 AM
Post whore

Thanked 4,808 Times in 2,679 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
Well a real leader, or at least a good one, wouldn't have let his team shit the bed against the worst team in the NFL with a playoff spot on the line.
What? Leonard plays linebacker and how did he have an affect on the shit show the offense put out there vs. the Jackoffs? Leaders can only do so much, they are not miracle workers. He was one of our best players all year long, and that is not even debatable. Fuck!!!!!! Wentz is the fucking problem, hell, I hate even having to type this up.
apballin (02-19-2022)
Old 02-14-2022, 03:13 AM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
No real facts, not fox facts.
Bullshit Butter, real facts my ass. Fox facts? Who has the real facts, CNN? LMAO!

Last edited by Spike; 02-14-2022 at 03:48 AM.
Old 02-14-2022, 07:39 AM

Thanked 4,396 Times in 2,529 Posts

Getting real tired of this Covid shit in every thread.
Spike (02-14-2022)
Old 02-14-2022, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
Yeah, especially when it’s not even necessary to make the argument. At least IMO.

I don’t know many good leaders that need “haters” to get fully motivated to try and achieve great things. Typically that motivation comes from something within.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Session For This Useful Post:
omahacolt (02-14-2022), Spike (02-14-2022)
Old 02-14-2022, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Session View Post
Yeah, especially when it’s not even necessary to make the argument. At least IMO.

I don’t know many good leaders that need “haters” to get fully motivated to try and achieve great things. Typically that motivation comes from something within.
His focus and I guess we’ll call in pettiness with that bothers me. It was one of the first things that made me wonder about his leadership, but in fairness a lot of great athletes are known to look for slights as motivation. Jordan and Bird are two that immediately jump out at me. The difference seems to be the way it manifests itself. To me it comes off as being overly concerned about the wrong things. Maybe Jordan and Bird would be liking “haters” tweets all the time if they played today, but I honestly doubt it.
Old 02-14-2022, 10:27 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

The thing that makes me think this is a correct story is the silence from the Colts. I think Peter King may be correct that there is something else that went down between Wentz and the Colts other than his shit play. He played adequately for the middle of the season and with what is available out there two incredibly shit games don't seem enough to throw away what we gave for him already. There surely is more to it than that. This was Kings take this morning:

Carson Wentz. My first reaction when I heard Chris Mortensen’s report that the Colts would try to trade Wentz in the next month: There’s something bubbling beneath the surface here. Wentz failed down the stretch for Indianapolis, but the play itself (middling .624 accuracy rate, 27 TDs, seven picks, 94.7 rating) wasn’t bad enough for the Colts and coach/mentor Frank Reich to give up on a player they spent first- and third-round picks to acquire.

A couple of things to consider here. Late in his Eagles’ tenure, Wentz did some immature things—got ticked off about the team drafting Jalen Hurts in the second round in 2020, reportedly stopped talking to coach Doug Pederson for a period. He got benched for poor play down the stretch of the season, leading to his trade to Indy. Reich loved him in Philadelphia. My guess is something happened here, something other than a 9-8 record, that led to this moment. Attitude, an incident, work ethic, loss of trust. Something. I don’t know what.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (02-14-2022), Racehorse (02-14-2022)
Old 02-14-2022, 03:12 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Me and you both brother.
Racehorse (02-14-2022)
Old 02-14-2022, 06:44 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Hard to avoid it. It impacted every team this year. Some teams did a better job of managing it.
Old 02-14-2022, 09:18 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,270 Times in 2,017 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post

The thing that makes me think that this is a correct story is the silence from the Colts. I think that Peter King may be correct that there is something else that went down between Wentz and the Colts other than his shit play. He played adequately for the middle of the season and with what is available out there two incredibly shit games don't seem enough to throw away what we gave for him already. There surely is more to it than that. This was Kings take this morning:

Carson Wentz. My first reaction when I heard Chris Mortensen’s report that the Colts would try to trade Wentz in the next month: There’s something bubbling beneath the surface here. Wentz failed down the stretch for Indianapolis, but the play itself (middling .624 accuracy rate, 27 TDs, seven picks, 94.7 rating) wasn’t bad enough for the Colts and coach/mentor Frank Reich to give up on a player they spent first- and third-round picks to acquire.

A couple of things to consider here. Late in his Eagles’ tenure, Wentz did some immature things—got ticked off about the team drafting Jalen Hurts in the second round in 2020, reportedly stopped talking to coach Doug Pederson for a period. He got benched for poor play down the stretch of the season, leading to his trade to Indy. Reich loved him in Philadelphia. My guess is something happened here, something other than a 9-8 record, that led to this moment. Attitude, an incident, work ethic, loss of trust. Something. I don’t know what.

o

Sometimes, silence speaks louder than words ...... not always, but sometimes.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck