ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-07-2022, 01:17 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,642 Times in 951 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
These are the same exact conversations Eagles fans had about Wentz. He’s inaccurate, he’s a rollercoaster, it’s his line, it’s his receivers, etc.

Seems half of Twitter thinks he is the problem and the other half thinks the team needs to be better in some way.

Here is how I see it. Wentz was never known for his accuracy. He hovers around the 60-62 mark in completions. This was my main worry about getting him. I think accuracy is the most important QB trait. Wentz also holds the ball at about 2.5 seconds per snap. They puts him at the bottom of the league with some other QBs. Also, his mechanics are not pretty right now. You watch his lead foot and it is not pointing at his intended receivers. That throw to Hilton, foot was pointing at the logo in the center of the field. He then tries to compensate with arm strength and power through the bad mechanics. That’s why the throw went over his head, there was no touch on the throw. Finally, his decision making is pretty bad. Especially when he scrambled out of the pocket. The TD to Hilton was pure luck, he should have thrown to an open Doyle underneath. He should have ran when he tried that cross body throw to Big Mo. he has kept his int’s down, although he does have some fumbles.

The receivers do need to improve. They are apparently one of the bottom groups in the entire NFL in creating separation from the defender. Like bottom three. That is a tough crew for an inaccurate QB to work with.

Things in his favor. The defense is the highest turnover defense in the entire league. So opportunities happen all the time. He has a top ten oline and the top running game in the league.

When it comes down to it, can Wentz be consistent enough to win a Super Bowl? He doesn’t seem to elevate his teammates but in fact needs all the pieces in place for him to excel.
If Reich can't fix his mechanics, they need to move on. That foot thing was a huge problem in his disastrous 2020 campaign. All the physical gifts in the world will not make up for poor execution and bad mechanics.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
Chromeburn (01-07-2022)
Old 01-07-2022, 07:54 AM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,138 Times in 645 Posts

I think not practicing really hurt Wentz, what I like is he’s gamer he seems to step up vs tough teams

He may not be the most accurate but him improvising is hard to defend

I think we’ll see his best football in the playoffs
The Following User Says Thank You to apballin For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (01-07-2022)
Old 01-07-2022, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
I think not practicing really hurt Wentz, what I like is he’s gamer he seems to step up vs tough teams

He may not be the most accurate but him improvising is hard to defend

I think we’ll see his best football in the playoffs
I'm willing to gamble that the biggest problem with Wentz is he needs a Reich to keep his mechanics in check.... he had way too much time in Philly w/out Reich to develop some really bad habits.... you can see this drift in from time to time and then there goes the accuracy. Lack of practice/reps in preseason/early season and last week I think have an impact. This is why I think next season is the Wentz-as-a-finished-product. Willing to hold my venom until then.