ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-04-2022, 09:52 PM

Default The overthrow to Hilton

Wasn’t as simple as Wentz missing TY. They were simply on different pages. Hilton slows down and turns to catch what he expected to be a 10 yard pass. But Wentz, seeing blown coverage, seems to expect that TY will continue at full speed.

For whatever reason, Hilton never developed the kind of rapport with Wentz that he had with Luck.
Old 01-04-2022, 10:01 PM

Thanked 4,293 Times in 1,758 Posts

Wentz should complete that pass every time. Retarded to say otherwise
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
ATrain (01-04-2022), Coltsalr (01-05-2022), Dewey 5 (01-04-2022), Lov2fish (01-04-2022), njcoltfan (01-05-2022), Racehorse (01-05-2022), rcubed (01-05-2022), TheMugwump (01-06-2022)
Old 01-04-2022, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
Wentz should complete that pass every time. Retarded to say otherwise
Go look at the play. When TY gets to the 30 yard line he slows down and looks back at Wentz. Then, he speeds up and tries to chase down the ball.

If TY ran the route Wentz expected, Wentz hits him in stride.
Old 01-04-2022, 10:40 PM

Thanked 4,293 Times in 1,758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kray007 View Post
Go look at the play. When TY gets to the 30 yard line he slows down and looks back at Wentz. Then, he speeds up and tries to chase down the ball.

Just fucking stop
The Following User Says Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Dewey 5 (01-04-2022)
Old 01-05-2022, 07:31 AM

Thanked 4,404 Times in 2,531 Posts

Quote:

when wide open, a WR is trained to stay in the open space and give a stationary target. Wentz should know this.
Dewey 5 (01-05-2022)
Old 01-05-2022, 03:56 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,402 Posts

Quote:

I think TY ran the play called but the D broke down and Wentz saw the opening for TY to keep running. TY DID pull up and they were off on their read.

TY just didnt read what Wentz did. Wentz saw the correct read. TY missed it. Otherwise it was a TD
Old 01-05-2022, 04:11 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Do the folks that think TY was at fault think that Wentz is an accurate QB? Because that, to me, it what is at issue-not any one play. The guy is inaccurate. It can be overcome but it will be difficult over 4 straight games. Some quarterbacks (Manning,Luck and many others), when they throw the ball, you have the feeling good things are about to happen. With Wentz, I have no freakin idea what is about to happen. Maybe a throw for the ages, maybe a throw that just sucks. Bugs me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
Pez (01-09-2022), TheMugwump (01-06-2022)
Old 01-05-2022, 04:31 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
Do the folks that think TY was at fault think that Wentz is an accurate QB? Because that, to me, it what is at issue-not any one play. The guy is inaccurate. It can be overcome but it will be difficult over 4 straight games. Some quarterbacks (Manning,Luck and many others), when they throw the ball, you have the feeling good things are about to happen. With Wentz, I have no freakin idea what is about to happen. Maybe a throw for the ages, maybe a throw that just sucks. Bugs me.
I dont think TY was at fault. I think it was just mis communication between the two. They were both right. They were just on different pages
Colts And Orioles (01-05-2022)
Old 01-05-2022, 04:59 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
I dont think TY was at fault. I think it was just mis communication between the two. They were both right. They were just on different pages
I wouldn't argue on this play. Overall how do you see Wentz' accuracy? Am I to harsh?
Old 01-05-2022, 06:42 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
I wouldn't argue on this play. Overall how do you see Wentz' accuracy? Am I to harsh?
I see a guy who listens to the media and when things go bad Like the 23 passes in a row game. He hears it and over corrects. He was very very good in the Arizona game just the week before

The whole team was off last week. Virtual meetings. covid. etc. On Tues or whatever day. Frank called the whole team together and chewed some ass for not focusing and making a bunch of mental mistakes. He almost never does this so it must have been bad.

Carson didnt get to practice last week which shouldnt be an issue. But they game plan they installed was for Sam and I just gotta believe they kept that game plan in place even with Wentz returning, because they were still not 100% sure until Sunday that he could play.

Being anxious not knowing if he was going to get cleared and having covid whether he had no symptoms, or mild or whatever still takes its toll on you.

I have been clear for over a week now but still feel foggy sometimes.

There were a ton of things that went into the last game. and the criticism came and was just. But just the week before when he played with 5 backups on the oline and took the team on a couple of great drives and just an overall good game.

I will agree he is not where he needs to be yet but i think he will get there.

I think having Campbell back will help. If only to take the pressure off of Pitman and TY.

i would also like to see Frank put more weapons on the field for him. Why is Mack never active? He would at the very least give us another receiving threat and the ability to put 2 RB on the field at the same time JT/Hines. JT/Mack. Mack/Hines

Also the TE position on this team sucks. Doyle is banged up Mo can not me depended on to do much and the rookie has a long ways to go.

I really hope Parris can get back this week and have a playoff run. I think this team will look a lot different when he is.

So no the criticism is warranted. Some people on here can only live game to game. If we win he's great if we lose he sucks. No middle ground and not looking at all the circumstances surrounding the game

And then there are those that bitch no matter what. HA

JMO Pete
apballin (01-05-2022), CletusPyle (01-05-2022), Colts And Orioles (01-05-2022), JAFF (01-06-2022), Racehorse (01-05-2022)