ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-02-2022, 05:52 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,138 Times in 645 Posts

Yep he was terrible today, blame practice or WTF ever but if he’s not ready might as well roll ellingher out there
The Following User Says Thank You to apballin For This Useful Post:
Dewey 5 (01-02-2022)
Old 01-02-2022, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
what avenue do we realistically have to get rid of him. I can't imagine anyone giving us more than a 3 for him.

we could keep him and have him compete with ehlinger and a new rookie. i can't imagine a free agent being brought in.

wentz has to go though. can't win with that clown
Have 2-14 season and the right year of a draft making the right pick.

Last edited by kitekrazy; 01-02-2022 at 05:55 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to kitekrazy For This Useful Post:
Dewey 5 (01-02-2022)
Old 01-02-2022, 06:09 PM

Unfortunately the Colts best chance at improvement is likely going to be Reich working with Wentz and trying to minimize the bad Wentz as much as possible. Let’s face it - Colts fans have been spoiled by Manning and Luck. This is what most franchises deal with season to season. The Colts can win SBs with Wentz, but it certainly won’t be because of him.

Minimize his mistakes and build a D that can get turnovers, but doesn’t require them to be effective. Add more help at WR and cut down the worst of Wentz. You can win that way. And at this point it is much more likely than finding a franchise QB.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rm1369 For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (01-02-2022), Spike (01-02-2022)
Old 01-02-2022, 06:11 PM

Thanked 1,325 Times in 749 Posts

Yeah, Wentz is god awful. What's really bad about the situation is that as he's gotten healthier and more time to gel with the offense he's just gotten worse.

Unfortunately it looks like we're going to be stuck with him for the next year+
The Following User Says Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
Dewey 5 (01-02-2022)
Old 01-02-2022, 06:15 PM

Thanked 1,120 Times in 623 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
what avenue do we realistically have to get rid of him. I can't imagine anyone giving us more than a 3 for him.

we could keep him and have him compete with ehlinger and a new rookie. i can't imagine a free agent being brought in.

wentz has to go though. can't win with that clown
We're stuck with hin for at least one more year.
Old 01-02-2022, 06:42 PM

Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,488 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
Unfortunately the Colts best chance at improvement is likely going to be Reich working with Wentz and trying to minimize the bad Wentz as much as possible. Let’s face it - Colts fans have been spoiled by Manning and Luck. This is what most franchises deal with season to season. The Colts can win SBs with Wentz, but it certainly won’t be because of him.

Minimize his mistakes and build a D that can get turnovers, but doesn’t require them to be effective. Add more help at WR and cut down the worst of Wentz. You can win that way. And at this point it is much more likely than finding a franchise QB.
Yeah, as much as I detest him right now, the Colts will roll with him at least one more year. So the best hope is that Reich can correct some of the bad out of him.

That said, I'm not sure what Reich can do about the decision making. The most brain dead play I saw today was Wentz, who admittedly did a spectacular job of escaping out of a sure sack, had a huge lane to run and gain yards. Instead, for some stupid inconceivable reason he decides to pass the ball to a guy who was covered. At the best if that pass is made he's getting tackled for a 10 yard gain. Unless there was a different angle, he could have ran for 10 yards in his sleep at worst, and may have got 20-30 or so.
apballin (01-02-2022), Chromeburn (01-02-2022), Racehorse (01-02-2022)
Old 01-02-2022, 06:51 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate505 View Post
Yeah, as much as I detest him right now, the Colts will roll with him at least one more year. So the best hope is that Reich can correct some of the bad out of him.

That said, I'm not sure what Reich can do about the decision making. The most brain dead play I saw today was Wentz, who admittedly did a spectacular job of escaping out of a sure sack, had a huge lane to run and gain yards. Instead, for some stupid inconceivable reason he decides to pass the ball to a guy who was covered. At the best if that pass is made he's getting tackled for a 10 yard gain. Unless there was a different angle, he could have ran for 10 yards in his sleep at worst, and may have got 20-30 or so.
Yep that play was horrible. So was the throw to Hines in the flat on the final drive, and that, that looked like it was designed and he threw it to the intended WR.... if so, that's not on him, that's on coach for calling such a stupid play right there.
Old 01-02-2022, 06:52 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate505 View Post

Probably more than 1 year, there wont be a first round draft pick for the coming year. Should the colts go fishing for a FA Qb?
Old 01-02-2022, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
Probably more than 1 year, there wont be a first round draft pick for the coming year. Should the colts go fishing for a FA Qb?
I mean, maybe keep an eye out, but Carson, IMHO, deserves a full offseason/training camp in this system/with the coaches.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Drewtone For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (01-02-2022), Racehorse (01-02-2022)
Old 01-02-2022, 07:06 PM

Thanked 4,290 Times in 1,755 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
I have no idea how we can say Reich doesn't trust him? He let him throw the ball 26 times in a row in a game just a few weeks ago. In the 2 minute today he threw a bunch of passes in a row. Trying to get into the EZ late in the game today he was allowed to throw it. I think he trusts him, I think he trusts him way too F-king much actually.
running on almost all 1st and 2nd downs. hardly using playaction

the playcalling doesn't show he trusts him fully
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
apballin (01-02-2022), ChoppedWood (01-02-2022), JAFF (01-02-2022), Lov2fish (01-02-2022), Racehorse (01-02-2022)