ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 04-09-2019, 10:32 AM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
His sister was in a fight with the girl, he said he feared for his family. I don’t like the fact she was on her back at the time. But he was in high school and all the reports about him since then have been great. I didn’t not like the Mixon situation and did not want him. But the circumstances seem different here.
He has been a model citizen and kept his grades up. I can buy that he acted out-of-character because he had no priors and has done nothing since. But the idea that his sister is in danger is pretty ridiculous if you watch the video.
Old 04-09-2019, 12:19 PM

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,639 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
He has been a model citizen and kept his grades up. I can buy that he acted out-of-character because he had no priors and has done nothing since. But the idea that his sister is in danger is pretty ridiculous if you watch the video.
The only thing his sister was in danger of was not finding a buffet with enough food to make her happy.
Old 04-09-2019, 12:55 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,595 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:
I think Tillery is underrated, but I don’t think he is a top ten player. Maybe he will be but Simmons is the better rated player and a DT doesn’t usually have an instant impact like a RB does. I’m ok with losing half a season or even a season of the guy turns out to be a Fletcher Cox type. Getting a ten year stud is worth the trade off for me.
I never thought Simmons was a top 10 player. Top 15-20, sure, and he was consistently mocked to the Falcons before his injury, but never top 10 for me. This puts him in the same category for me as Jaylon Smith and Myles Jack: Top 15ish player who suffered a freak knee injury and fell to the top of round 2 as a result. If you could guarantee that he'd be Fletcher Cox after the time he misses with this injury, I wouldn't hesitate to pick him at 26, either, but also he'd be long gone before that, maybe even in the top ten. Unfortunately we don't know how he'll perform and the injury is just another risk factor that could potentially hinder his success. For me, Tillery grades in a similar range but doesn't have the risk factor of the injury to deal with. That's why taking Tillery at 26 or trading down would be options I would use before taking Simmons at 26. I see the value at 34 in part because historically that is where players like Simmons have gone.
Old 04-09-2019, 03:25 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
I agree at the moment he seemed to be piling on. I’m just passing on what he has said. But we didn’t see the whole fight, just that clip of it. This is a situation where it would come down to the interview for me, unfortunately we don’t have that access.
Old 04-09-2019, 03:35 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
I never thought Simmons was a top 10 player. Top 15-20, sure, and he was consistently mocked to the Falcons before his injury, but never top 10 for me. This puts him in the same category for me as Jaylon Smith and Myles Jack: Top 15ish player who suffered a freak knee injury and fell to the top of round 2 as a result. If you could guarantee that he'd be Fletcher Cox after the time he misses with this injury, I wouldn't hesitate to pick him at 26, either, but also he'd be long gone before that, maybe even in the top ten. Unfortunately we don't know how he'll perform and the injury is just another risk factor that could potentially hinder his success. For me, Tillery grades in a similar range but doesn't have the risk factor of the injury to deal with. That's why taking Tillery at 26 or trading down would be options I would use before taking Simmons at 26. I see the value at 34 in part because historically that is where players like Simmons have gone.
I think he is a top five player in this draft (a strong DT draft) if healthy and no off field crap. To the Falcons seems a little low to me. I think he would have been right behind Q Williams, Bosa and Allen talent wise. At the end of the process I think he would have been top ten with QBs and defensive schemes dropping him a bit. He should project as a better player than Tillery, (and I like Tillery) but if I could guarantee this I would be working in a front office. I don’t mind drafting dropping players, I would have taken that Michigan DT last year. It’s a gamble but has a high payout if you hit.
Old 04-09-2019, 05:43 PM
Post whore

Quote:
I think he is a top five player in this draft (a strong DT draft) if healthy and no off field crap. To the Falcons seems a little low to me. I think he would have been right behind Q Williams, Bosa and Allen talent wise. At the end of the process I think he would have been top ten with QBs and defensive schemes dropping him a bit. He should project as a better player than Tillery, (and I like Tillery) but if I could guarantee this I would be working in a front office. I don’t mind drafting dropping players, I would have taken that Michigan DT last year. It’s a gamble but has a high payout if you hit.
For me he was never even a top 5 DL. That's where our disagreement is. Even if healthy, I'd have William's, Sweat, Oliver, Bosa, and Allen ahead of Simmons.
Old 04-09-2019, 06:33 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
I still say most of you are off on Tillery. If they trade Henry Anderson for a late pick, they aren’t spending a high pick on another player best suited for a 5T. Maybe we’ll know in a couple weeks one way or the other.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VeveJones007 For This Useful Post:
Coltsalr (04-09-2019), Puck (04-09-2019)
Old 04-09-2019, 11:08 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
I still say most of you are off on Tillery. If they trade Henry Anderson for a late pick, they aren’t spending a high pick on another player best suited for a 5T. Maybe we’ll know in a couple weeks one way or the other.
I guess that we should agree to disagree, because I don't see Tillery as strictly a 5-tech.

I could be wrong in that evaluation, but at the end of the day I have to believe that he has more versatility than strictly playing a 5-tech role.
Old 04-10-2019, 02:13 AM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
He could play 5 tech, but he's not the type of player that would be pigeonholed to strictly that role. In fact it's the versatility I see that I think the Colts will covet. He has size, length, and athleticism that shows through on tape and in measurables, and could theoretically play 3 positions on the Colts DL, those being NT, UT and run down DE. I'm honestly curious as to what tape of him you watched that has you so convinced that 5 tech DE in a 3-4 is his only viable NFL role.
Old 04-10-2019, 08:29 AM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
He could play 5 tech, but he's not the type of player that would be pigeonholed to strictly that role. In fact it's the versatility I see that I think the Colts will covet. He has size, length, and athleticism that shows through on tape and in measurables, and could theoretically play 3 positions on the Colts DL, those being NT, UT and run down DE. I'm honestly curious as to what tape of him you watched that has you so convinced that 5 tech DE in a 3-4 is his only viable NFL role.
Watch any tape of his and notice how he attacks the OL. He’s chest to chest and beats a guard (usually) with power. He isn’t beating the guard off the snap and behind him before the guard can get his hands on him.

That last part is what the Colts want. The first part leads me to believe he would be great in a 2 gap scheme. Maybe he can play with more speed, but I don’t see any tape to show it. Just watch some Christian Wilkins and notice how often he slices or sidesteps through gaps. That’s what Eberflus wants.