ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 04-21-2017, 11:19 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,598 Times in 2,015 Posts
Default Draft Crush

Give me your draft crush or crushes. Who you want to see the Colts draft no matter what.

Mine are:

TJ Watt: I think this guy will be just as disruptive as his brother but at LB. Relentless and good instincts already for playing the position for as little as he has.

Reuban Foster: I have come full circle on Foster. I don't care about the blowup or the drug test. The guy sets the tone for a D and he hits like a mack truck. He flows to the ball and sniffs out plays with astonishing speed. We will needs bigs in front of him, he isn't going to stack and shed all day. But if you get him free he will tear things up.

Derek Rivers: This guy is a late riser and didn't play great competition. But he has all the tools you want in a good pass rusher. I feel like he is what Tim Williams should be. I am hoping he is there in the second, but that may not be now and some are picking him for the first round.
Old 04-21-2017, 11:37 AM

Thanked 2,220 Times in 1,196 Posts

Joe Mixon...end of story.

Foster scares me. Bad shoulders, Bad brain and bad attitude. I can see him being out of football in 5 years...ala Bob Sanders.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:06 PM

Reuben Foster: He has all the physical skills to fix what ails us at ILB. He's proven his ability in the SEC and he's been well coached by who they have at Alabama. I think he'd be a spectacular fit for us, and he'd go a long way toward helping us where we're currently weak. I understand the concerns about him, but I think the upside and the potential we'd stand to improve from having him on the roster is too great to leave him be.

Zach Cunningham/Jarrad Davis: Failing that, I like these two as relatively fairly similar players that could help us at ILB, which I still believe is our weakest position on our roster, but a position that could be addressed fairly easily/well in the 1st round of this draft. Both guys that did well in the SEC and have the athleticism to cover in the NFL and can wallop at an NFL-level and they have the intangibles that Foster lacks. While they're certainly both more athletic than any ILB we currently have on our roster, neither are quite the freak monsters that Foster is.

Dalvin Cook: Yes, I think he's that good. I think he could be our next Edgerrin James. I'm that sold on him. I do think the need at LB is higher, but I do like this guy enough that I'd be in the small (but growing slightly it seems) minority where I wouldn't be ripshit if he's drafted by us in the 1st round.

Charles Harris/Tim Williams/Carl Lawson: I think at least one of these will be available in the 2nd round. Again, probably showing my SEC bias, but I think all three have NFL potential where they have the skillset where they'd be able to come in and at least have some impact from Day One (they wouldn't be project picks, which, A. I don't trust our coaching staff to develop and B. We're in absolute dire need of pass rush help right now).

Marcus Maye: I like this guy a lot as a 3rd/4th rounder (I realize that he's getting some hype as a 2nd rounder now, not sure on that one). Might be a bit redundant with Clayton Geathers, but I'll let Geathers come back from his neck injury before I decide definitively to start passing up talent at his position because he supposedly has it locked down.

Shaquille Griffin: Easy to fall in love with a guy at this size and speed at CB. With CB being the one position that I sort of trust our coaching staff with (again, sort of), I think he'd be a very good pick up in the 3rd/4th and that he could quite possibly come in and start for us in his rookie year and help us shore up our CB group.

DJ Jones: Would be a great use of our 5th round pick, IMO.
Here's his scouting report: http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profil...nes?id=2558265
BOTTOM LINE Jones has a freaky combination of power and athleticism that isn't seen all that often. While his playing style is reminiscent of Grady Jarrett's, keep in mind that he's a bigger player. Despite his impressive play attributes, Jones failed to generate the production that his flashes on tape would indicate he's capable of. If a coach can unlock more consistency, Jones has a chance to flourish as a one-gapping nose with three-down ability.

You can't tell me that we couldn't stand to use a Grady Jarrett type on our defense. Bring him in.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:30 PM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

DE/OLB Derek Barnett - I just really like his game and think he'll translate well to the NFL as a pass rusher and all-around defender. Suggs-like.

DE/OLB DeMarcus Lawrence - see above, but we could maybe get him in round 3 because I guess 280 is too heavy for OLB or too light for DE...? I bet he goes earlier than people expect.

LB Zach Cunningham - I hear comparisons to Derrick Johnson, which is high praise, but I also see some Brian Urlacher in there. A bigger LB with range to cover and the versatility to move around. Blitz him, let him play at the LOS, drop him to cover TEs or RBs. I think he'll do it all in the NFL and do it well. If he somehow lasts til round 2 I'd really like to get him there.

RB Alvin Kamara - I like his ability to catch, pass protect, juke tacklers, or run tough between the tackles. Reminds me a bit of Ahmad Bradshaw. Hopefully without the injuries. Round 3?

DL Chris Wormley - Great size, versatility, strength, attitude. I like everything I've read about him. I think he fits this defense well. If healthy I would expect Anderson to move to 5 tech next year, and I could see Wormley taking his spot at 3 tech going forward. Not sure I would want to use a 2nd on him, just depends on who is there when we pick.
Old 04-21-2017, 04:40 PM

Thanked 1,193 Times in 526 Posts

T.J. Watt. He is going to be a stud.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 04-21-2017, 05:55 PM

Thanked 4,281 Times in 1,750 Posts

mixon is the only guy i really like. mainly because i think we can get him way later than he should be taken

people love tj watt because he is jj's brother and he is white.
The Following User Says Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
YDFL Commish (04-21-2017)
Old 04-21-2017, 06:55 PM

McCaffrey........only to see Omaha's head implode!!
Old 04-21-2017, 08:11 PM

Thanked 4,281 Times in 1,750 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by indycolts2 View Post
McCaffrey........only to see Omaha's head implode!!
No

We know why you want him
Old 04-21-2017, 08:14 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,129 Times in 641 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
mixon is the only guy i really like. mainly because i think we can get him way later than he should be taken

people love tj watt because he is jj's brother and he is white.
I like Watt because he's an athletic LB 6'5 240 a guy that long and athletic is rare to play LB think Anthony Barr
Old 04-22-2017, 08:09 AM

Whats not to like about any one of the above mentioned players, I'll take any one, or all of them !!
The Following User Says Thank You to njcoltfan For This Useful Post:
Chaka (04-22-2017)