ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 12-02-2019, 08:00 AM

Thanked 4,361 Times in 2,508 Posts
Default Observations from enemy territory

I was driving home from the holiday, driving through Titans area. Here are some comments I heard from their announcers on the radio:

1. Praise for Hines at Returner and Wilkins at RB. They were complimentary of their ability to get explosive plays, unlike Williams yesterday.

2. Praise for the OLine. One asked the other if our line was the best in the league, and the other said it definitely was. Noted that the huge investment has paid off.

3. Praise of Reich. Said the team was very fundamentally sound. Noted his creativity in using the TEs in various formations to confuse defenses.

4. Noticed our lack at WR. When the passing game was on, they were frustrated, saying, "it's not Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne out there, nor is it Reggie and TY."

5. No endorsement of Jacoby. Only thing really said was that he is hard to take down and that he is limited with the huge brace he is wearing.

6. Complimented Eberflus' ability to dial up blitzes and schemes to stymie Tannehill.

7. They also commented that Henry was the first back in 30 games to hit 100 yards against us. I think it was more of a compliment of Henry than one complimenting our defense.
Brylok (12-03-2019), Colts And Orioles (12-02-2019), Dewey 5 (12-02-2019), Indiana V2 (12-02-2019), omahacolt (12-02-2019), smitty46953 (12-02-2019)
Old 12-02-2019, 06:31 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Lowest penalized team in the league. That’s a sign of good coaching.

I think the coaching is fine, it’s a talent problem.

I’ve always thought Henry was a good back. Every time Bama played LSU he would outshine Fournette who has the same style.

Last edited by Chromeburn; 12-02-2019 at 06:33 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (12-03-2019)
Old 12-03-2019, 03:54 PM

Thanked 4,361 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Lowest penalized team in the league. That’s a sign of good coaching.

I think the coaching is fine, it’s a talent problem.

I’ve always thought Henry was a good back. Every time Bama played LSU he would outshine Fournette who has the same style.
From their perspective, it's the talent that isn't playing, such as every WR not named Paschal.

I mentioned Henry when I started th egame thread. I said that if we contained him, we would win. well, we didn't, so we didn't.