ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-30-2021, 09:57 AM

Thanked 4,297 Times in 1,758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
I was thinking Darnold might be plan B. Not as good as Stafford. But he’s 23 with three seasons under his belt. Depends what the jets do at 2.
I would be fine with Darnold if he was cheap. and really if it isn’t Stafford I am for anyone but Brissett
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Dewey 5 (01-30-2021), Oldcolt (01-30-2021), TheMugwump (01-30-2021), Voosh (01-30-2021)
Old 01-30-2021, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Rumor of 49ers offer for Stafford is

2021: 2nd and 3rd
2022: 2nd and 3rd

Per Vincent Frank
If true, I would say that's just the starting point, awaiting a counter offer from the Lions. If they trade Stafford, they'll need a QB, so maybe the Rams can offer Goff and some draft picks. It's going to take a lot to get Stafford since there will be so many interested parties. I'm sure that like Watson, they would prefer Stafford go to another division and maybe even the other conference.
Old 01-30-2021, 11:43 AM

Thanked 1,477 Times in 815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
If true, I would say that's just the starting point, awaiting a counter offer from the Lions. If they trade Stafford, they'll need a QB, so maybe the Rams can offer Goff and some draft picks. It's going to take a lot to get Stafford since there will be so many interested parties. I'm sure that like Watson, they would prefer Stafford go to another division and maybe even the other conference.

There is a lot of talk on LA sports talk radio about trading for stafford. The GM did not give a ringing endorsement for goff after the season. Asked multiple times if goff is the QB next season he said something like “he is on the team right now”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-30-2021, 11:51 AM

Thanked 1,902 Times in 928 Posts

Albert Breer just said on FSR that there are at least 7 teams in on Stafford-49’ers, Rams, WFT, Indy, Carolina, New England, and one other that I’m forgetting right now.

That’s some stiff competition. And we know that Ballard will draw a line in the sand in terms of what he’s willing to give up, and he won’t go over that.

I get the feeling that the Colts will end up missing out on Stafford. There are to many other good options. Playing in California for either Shanahan or Mcvay would be a huge draw for a guy like Stafford. Not to mention WFT has a really good team outside of qb.

Breer also said that NFL people think much more highly of Stafford as a quarterback than the average fan does.

Edit-Breer also said he’s hearing that Detroit wants to get this trade done before the super bowl.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (01-30-2021), Voosh (01-30-2021)
Old 01-30-2021, 11:56 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,660 Times in 960 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
Stafford will not require as much as Watson. He's going into his age 33 season, so we can only really count on 4-5 years of quality play from him. That's not worth as much as the 10+ you'll get from Watson.
Old 01-30-2021, 12:13 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

I cannot see Ballard getting into a bidding war for Stafford. I am also concerned that he does not seem win much. I know he has had crappy teams but quarterbacks in that first tier can almost will their teams to a win. He cannot.
Old 01-30-2021, 12:15 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,060 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
Albert Breer just said on FSR that there are at least 7 teams in on Stafford-49’ers, Rams, WFT, Indy, Carolina, New England, and one other that I’m forgetting right now.

That’s some stiff competition. And we know that Ballard will draw a line in the sand in terms of what he’s willing to give up, and he won’t go over that.

I get the feeling that the Colts will end up missing out on Stafford. There are to many other good options. Playing in California for either Shanahan or Mcvay would be a huge draw for a guy like Stafford. Not to mention WFT has a really good team outside of qb.

Breer also said that NFL people think much more highly of Stafford as a quarterback than the average fan does.

Edit-Breer also said he’s hearing that Detroit wants to get this trade done before the super bowl.
Denver? Some guy on twitter said Stafford is buying a house in San Fran and has his bags packed.

I see a lot of those ‘reports’ during things like this. Coaching changes etc.

I think it will come down to who is willing to give up a first. If not then it will be highest second I think.
Old 01-30-2021, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
I cannot see Ballard getting into a bidding war for Stafford. I am also concerned that he does not seem win much. I know he has had crappy teams but quarterbacks in that first tier can almost will their teams to a win. He cannot.
Although since 2009 he has 31 4th quarter comebacks. That's almost a 3 per season average.
Oldcolt (01-30-2021)
Old 01-30-2021, 03:14 PM

I agree with Hoopsdoc and think Stafford may go out of Ballard's set price range. It is hard to tell though because if Ballard really wants him he may push all the chips forward like with Buckner. A lot of competition this time around though.
Old 01-30-2021, 03:48 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
There is a lot of talk on LA sports talk radio about trading for stafford. The GM did not give a ringing endorsement for goff after the season. Asked multiple times if goff is the QB next season he said something like “he is on the team right now”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How do they unload Goff. They gave him a stupid large contract too early, whos dumb enough to eat both goff and staffords cap number?
The Following User Says Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
Spike (01-30-2021)