ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-11-2019, 09:42 AM
Administrator

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,038 Posts

Lions signed Danny Amendola to a one-year, $4.5 million contract.

Cut by the Dolphins last week, Amendola was linked with a return to New England, but he instead signs with Patriots North -- GM Bob Quinn and coach Matt Patricia both made their names in New England. It is not a blockbuster signing for the Lions, but they needed someone to occupy the middle of the field with Marvin Jones and Kenny Golladay on the outside. Even at 33, Amendola should be able to handle that job for one season.

Source: Dianna Russini on Twitter

‎Mar‎ ‎11‎, ‎2019‎ ‎8‎:‎18‎ ‎AM

Old 03-11-2019, 10:08 AM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
And I mean, if we look at what he got:

He's already managed to turn Amari Cooper into Antonio Brown

If he turns Khalil Mack into Quinnen Williams and Montez Sweat, then it's possible he's upgraded there too.

And he'd still be sitting on a SLEW of draft picks from there.

Now, yes, I will agree that it's entirely possible that he still manages to fuck it up. But right now, it looks like there could be a method to his madness.
Are you saying the Raiders will move up for Sweat? No way he lasts until 24.
Old 03-11-2019, 10:08 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,639 Times in 948 Posts

Quote:

If he turns Khalil Mack into Quinnen Williams and Montez Sweat, then it's possible he's upgraded there too.

Now, yes, I will agree that it's entirely possible that he still manages to fuck it up. But right now, it looks like there could be a method to his madness.
Quinnen Williams won't last to 4 and Montez Sweat won't last to 24. If the Cardinals actually take Murray, they could get Nick Bosa and Christian Wilkins. If Bosa lives up to the hype, that might be better overall, but that takes you from certainty to uncertainty.
Old 03-11-2019, 10:11 AM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Quinnen Williams won't last to 4 and Montez Sweat won't last to 24. If the Cardinals actually take Murray, they could get Nick Bosa and Christian Wilkins. If Bosa lives up to the hype, that might be better overall, but that takes you from certainty to uncertainty.
I don't understand how you see Bosa potentially falling to 4, but not Williams. No way Bosa goes past SF at 2. I could see Williams dropping to 4 if the Jets move out (Giants moving up for Haskins?) or if the Jets decide they like Allen better.
Old 03-11-2019, 10:22 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,666 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:

Cooper was mailing it in for them so I am not surprised they traded him. They get a better receiver albeit an older one and a 1st round pick. Brown is kind of nuts, but he will play hard.

Brown will be the number one for a few years while they groom some young guys. They can dump him in two years if they want to. Brown doesn't take a lot of hits so he should be able to play for a little while.

Mack was a bad loss, but if the Cardinals pick that short QB the Raiders will get one of the top three defenders, probably Allen. But the Jets should take Allen because he fits their D better leaving Williams for the Raiders. Williams would be a waste as a 5-tech end and even more of a waste at NT. Then they have the other 1st round picks which they might trade down with like Gruden said he wanted to.

They still have to pick good players, but they have an excellent opportunity to build for the future.
Old 03-11-2019, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
Are you saying the Raiders will move up for Sweat? No way he lasts until 24.
Yes, purely hypothetical, but with their two other 1st rounders, they'd have the ammo to go up and get him.

I was throwing him out there purely as hypothetical. Any other edge rusher they could go up to get would work.
The Following User Says Thank You to Coltsalr For This Useful Post:
VeveJones007 (03-11-2019)
Old 03-11-2019, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Cooper was mailing it in for them so I am not surprised they traded him. They get a better receiver albeit an older one and a 1st round pick. Brown is kind of nuts, but he will play hard.

Brown will be the number one for a few years while they groom some young guys. They can dump him in two years if they want to. Brown doesn't take a lot of hits so he should be able to play for a little while.

Mack was a bad loss, but if the Cardinals pick that short QB the Raiders will get one of the top three defenders, probably Allen. But the Jets should take Allen because he fits their D better leaving Williams for the Raiders. Williams would be a waste as a 5-tech end and even more of a waste at NT. Then they have the other 1st round picks which they might trade down with like Gruden said he wanted to.

They still have to pick good players, but they have an excellent opportunity to build for the future.
Yup, I think that if they play their cards right that they could turn in something quite good.

Sort of like how the Colts had a free shot at Bradley Chubb last year, and while some argued that the Colts passing him up while having pass rush deficiencies was unforgivable, look at what the Jets bounty brought Ballard (and will still bring him in 2019 draft).

Gruden absolutely could still fuck it up though, do not get me wrong.
Old 03-11-2019, 11:14 AM

Thanked 2,653 Times in 1,177 Posts

Malik Jackson to Eagles - 3 year contract for $30MM

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...24101591650304

Obviously, Malik wanted out of the AFC South to get away from Big Q!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to AlwaysSunnyinIndy For This Useful Post:
Coltsalr (03-11-2019)
Old 03-11-2019, 12:13 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,639 Times in 948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
I don't understand how you see Bosa potentially falling to 4, but not Williams. No way Bosa goes past SF at 2. I could see Williams dropping to 4 if the Jets move out (Giants moving up for Haskins?) or if the Jets decide they like Allen better.
I don't see Williams dropping past 2. Bosa has the most question marks of the top 3 DL/EDGE guys, and I could easily see Williams and Allen going 2 and 3 after Murray if he goes 1. Williams should go 1, of course, but the Cardinals have an odd strategy it seems.
Old 03-11-2019, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Yup, I think that if they play their cards right that they could turn in something quite good.

Sort of like how the Colts had a free shot at Bradley Chubb last year, and while some argued that the Colts passing him up while having pass rush deficiencies was unforgivable, look at what the Jets bounty brought Ballard (and will still bring him in 2019 draft).

Gruden absolutely could still fuck it up though, do not get me wrong.
Signing a disgruntled 31-year old receiver to a 3-year $54 million contract, with $30 million guaranteed, seems like a very Raiders-like thing to do.