ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 05-21-2018, 09:19 AM

Thanked 1,189 Times in 523 Posts
Default Tidbit about our new Head Coach

From Peter King's last MMQB column for Sports Illustrated:
Quote:
Thank you, Frank Reich, for the 41-38 comeback to beat Houston in the wild-card playoff game in 1992. Talk about memorable—a backup quarterback erasing a 35-3 lead and winning a playoff game. I recently told Reich the story about the Houston TV guy—when it was 28-3, Oilers, at halftime—who made the nonrefundable airplane reservation for the next week, the next game, at Pittsburgh. It got to be 35-3 on a bad Reich pick-six in the third quarter, but all he kept thinking about was, “Just one play.” The Bills won in overtime. I waited for everyone to leave the locker room till it was just me and Reich left, talking about the greatest game of a backup quarterback’s life. He called over an equipment man, wanting to see his wife, and said, “Could you bring Linda in?” And when the door to the locker room opened, they hustled to embrace like they hadn’t seen each other in five years. “I love you,” Linda said, and I bet 15 seconds passed before he said anything. “Praise the Lord,” were Frank Reich’s words. That was a moment.
I hope he can coach as well as he has lived his life. We could really be in for something special.

Walk Worthy,
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sherck For This Useful Post:
Pez (05-21-2018), Racehorse (05-22-2018), smitty46953 (05-21-2018)
Old 05-21-2018, 01:47 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Definetly made the right choice. Dodged a bullet in that NE guy.
Old 05-21-2018, 01:50 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,595 Times in 925 Posts

That is a great article. I especially enjoyed the part about Peyton Manning. It just seemed so quintessentially Peyton Manning; the refusal to give an interview the week before playing the Cheats (I think he hated them at least as much as we did as a competitor), the story about the defender tipping his hand and Peyton exploiting it for easy points, Manning being furious that anyone let any of his secrets slip, just the whole thing. Hopefully we'll have a lot more stories like this in store from Luck in the near future.
Old 05-22-2018, 11:28 AM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post

I hope he can coach as well as he has lived his life. We could really be in for something special.

Walk Worthy,
Oh wow. He said praise the lord.

Who gives a fuck? Dungy prayed and said dumb religious shit all the time and he is a shitbag bigot.

Religious people are some of the biggest pile of shits walking around.
Old 05-22-2018, 11:48 AM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:

Walk Worthy,
That's quite a statement there. It's an interesting story, but do we really know how he's lived his life? Guy could be anything from the 2nd coming to a serial killer.
Old 05-22-2018, 12:15 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,038 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
Oh wow. He said praise the lord.

Who gives a fuck? Dungy prayed and said dumb religious shit all the time and he is a shitbag bigot.

Religious people are some of the biggest pile of shits walking around.
Probably not news to you, but you can be a real Dick sometimes. Sherck is 100x the contributor to this site than you ever have been. Your shit is getting old. Just my opinion ...
Racehorse (05-22-2018), sherck (05-23-2018), Wyatt (05-22-2018)
Old 05-22-2018, 12:16 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,038 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
That's quite a statement there. It's an interesting story, but do we really know how he's lived his life? Guy could be anything from the 2nd coming to a serial killer.
Doesn't seem to have Dexter type qualities to me, but who knows?
Old 05-22-2018, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty46953 View Post
Probably not news to you, but you can be a real Dick sometimes. Sherck is 100x the contributor to this site than you ever have been. Your shit is getting old. Just my opinion ...
Not that I ever contributed much to this place, but I come here to read Sherck's input/breakdowns on Colts related subjects every day.

As much shit as we give Dam around here, I get far more from his breakdowns and analysis (albeit half the time is bs) than anything Omaha posts and typically skip over the bullshit he spews.

I was a regular poster for a while, but I migrated over to Reddit after his act got old.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wyatt For This Useful Post:
smitty46953 (05-22-2018)
Old 05-22-2018, 01:11 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,247 Times in 1,998 Posts

Quote:

Walk Worthy,

Thank you, Frank Reich, for the 41-38 comeback to beat Houston in the wild-card playoff game in 1992. Talk about memorable—a backup quarterback erasing a 35-3 lead and winning a playoff game. I recently told Reich the story about the Houston TV guy—when it was 28-3, Oilers, at halftime—who made the nonrefundable airplane reservation for the next week, the next game, at Pittsburgh. It got to be 35-3 on a bad Reich pick-six in the third quarter, but all he kept thinking about was, “Just one play.” The Bills won in overtime. I waited for everyone to leave the locker room till it was just me and Reich left, talking about the greatest game of a backup quarterback’s life. He called over an equipment man, wanting to see his wife, and said, “Could you bring Linda in?” And when the door to the locker room opened, they hustled to embrace like they hadn’t seen each other in five years. “I love you,” Linda said, and I bet 15 seconds passed before he said anything. “Praise the Lord,” were Frank Reich’s words. That was a moment.

o

Frank Reich also engineered the Maryland Terrapins' unbelievable comeback win over Miami, Fla. eight years earlier, in 1984.

Maryland was losing by a score of 31-0 at halftime. They came back to win by a score of 42-40.

Those are 2 of the most historic comebacks in football history, and Reich was the QB in both of them.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Wyatt (05-22-2018)
Old 05-22-2018, 01:58 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty46953 View Post
Doesn't seem to have Dexter type qualities to me, but who knows?
I know you're just kidding around, but you hit the nail on the head. We don't actually know much about Reich. We have some pieces of information that make him seem like a good guy, but none of us really know him.

Maybe I'm just jaded from all the examples of proselytizers being shown to be complete dicks in real life. A lot of shitty people know how to present a respectable face because it helps them get away with all their crap.