ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-21-2022, 02:12 PM

Thanked 2,253 Times in 1,213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
How do you look past the accuracy and ball security issues? I understand he has the arm, but JaMarcus Russell still has the best pure arm I've ever seen on a QB. It takes a lot more than that to succeed in the NFL.
From what I've seen of Levis is his accuracy issues stem from poor footwork. His accuracy is not that bad though, after all he's completed better than 65% of his passes the last 2 seasons.

One thing I do like about him is his willingness to stand tall in a dirty pocket and deliver the ball.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
Dewey 5 (12-22-2022), omahacolt (12-22-2022)
Old 12-21-2022, 03:02 PM

Hooker is meh, and Stroud is a no. Damn endorsing him should be a sure sign he sucks, not to mention he does suck.

I would draft Richardson before either one of those QB's.

Levis is the most NFL ready this year, and he needs some work. There are no can't miss generational QB's coming out in the next few years.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1605410774444544001

Last edited by Lov2fish; 12-21-2022 at 03:24 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lov2fish For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (12-21-2022)
Old 12-22-2022, 09:39 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,639 Times in 948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
From what I've seen of Levis is his accuracy issues stem from poor footwork. His accuracy is not that bad though, after all he's completed better than 65% of his passes the last 2 seasons.

One thing I do like about him is his willingness to stand tall in a dirty pocket and deliver the ball.
That just screams Carson Wentz 2.0. I'll be all about Levis developing if the Colts draft him, but I'd much rather have one of the near finished products in Young or Stroud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
Hooker is meh, and Stroud is a no. Damn endorsing him should be a sure sign he sucks, not to mention he does suck.

Levis is the most NFL ready this year, and he needs some work. There are no can't miss generational QB's coming out in the next few years.

What's your issue with Stroud, honestly? I couldn't find a weakness in his game. He has the arm to make any NFL throw, his ball placement, accuracy, and touch on throws is almost always on point, he was making NFL caliber reads in the games I watched, and he uses his athleticism exactly the way a QB should, to escape pressure and keep his eyes downfield to find the open receiver that results from that, only running when he has no other option.

"He sucks" is a baseless opinion unless you actually bring some evidence to back it up.
Old 12-22-2022, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
That just screams Carson Wentz 2.0. I'll be all about Levis developing if the Colts draft him, but I'd much rather have one of the near finished products in Young or Stroud.

What's your issue with Stroud, honestly? I couldn't find a weakness in his game. He has the arm to make any NFL throw, his ball placement, accuracy, and touch on throws is almost always on point, he was making NFL caliber reads in the games I watched, and he uses his athleticism exactly the way a QB should, to escape pressure and keep his eyes downfield to find the open receiver that results from that, only running when he has no other option.

"He sucks" is a baseless opinion unless you actually bring some evidence to back it up.
He bails on the play at the first sign of a rush. His accuracy to me is just meh. Nobody denies his athleticism, gifted. He overreacts to situational football and adlibs far to often. When it works great, when it doesn't (Most of the time) it is horrible. Defensive coordinators will have him figured out in no team and feast on his mistakes and poor football IQ.
JAFF (12-25-2022), TheMugwump (12-24-2022)
Old 12-22-2022, 05:40 PM

CJ Stroud may be the most NFL ready QB in the history of Ohio State. But, given their track record, that's not saying much.
JAFF (12-25-2022), Spike (12-22-2022), TheMugwump (01-01-2023)
Old 12-22-2022, 05:58 PM

Thanked 1,666 Times in 796 Posts

Quote:

Yep, Levis is my #1 and Richardson is #2. I wouldn’t touch any of the other qbs in this draft. Penix maybe in the 3rd round.
The Following User Says Thank You to HoosierinFL For This Useful Post:
YDFL Commish (12-22-2022)
Old 12-22-2022, 08:18 PM

Thanked 2,634 Times in 1,552 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q49qoReWWOY

I don't like him not playing in the Music City Bowl against Iowa...I realize he doesn't want to get hurt before the draft, but I would like him better if he went out there and competed with his teammates!
Old 12-22-2022, 08:51 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,639 Times in 948 Posts

Quote:
He bails on the play at the first sign of a rush. His accuracy to me is just meh. Nobody denies his athleticism, gifted. He overreacts to situational football and adlibs far to often. When it works great, when it doesn't (Most of the time) it is horrible. Defensive coordinators will have him figured out in no team and feast on his mistakes and poor football IQ.
Are you talking about his tendency to escape pressure and roll out? How do you see that as a negative? He's literally creating passing lanes and yardage. Also, you like Levis but call Stroud's accuracy "meh"? If Stroud's ball placement and accuracy are "meh", Levis's are "disastrous" on that scale. So are many starting NFL QBs. What games of Stroud did you watch? Curious because I'd like to watch them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
CJ Stroud may be the most NFL ready QB in the history of Ohio State. But, given their track record, that's not saying much.
Cal never had a QB the caliber of Aaron Rodgers, until they did.
Old 12-23-2022, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Hendon Hooker.

hahaha...he said "Hooker"..... who doesn´t want to have a Hooker?
Old 12-23-2022, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CletusPyle View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q49qoReWWOY

I don't like him not playing in the Music City Bowl against Iowa...I realize he doesn't want to get hurt before the draft, but I would like him better if he went out there and competed with his teammates!
It sucks, but I understand it. He is a projected top 5 pick. A career ending injury, or entering the draft recovering from an injury can hurt his stock, or whether he is drafted at all.
CletusPyle (12-23-2022), nate505 (12-24-2022), omahacolt (12-23-2022), Racehorse (12-23-2022), Spike (12-23-2022)