ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-24-2024, 07:56 PM

Default Anyone but Terrion Arnold

I know he’s a popular choice for mock drafters, but I’m not seeing it. As far as I’m concerned, his 4.51 40 time is a big problem. He might be fine in a zone scheme where his lack of deep speed can be covered up; but if we ever make a coaching change and bring in someone who plays more man, he’ll be little more than a speed bump to elite opposing Receivers.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kray007 For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (04-24-2024)
Old 04-24-2024, 09:00 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,657 Times in 958 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kray007 View Post
I know he’s a popular choice for mock drafters, but I’m not seeing it. As far as I’m concerned, his 4.51 40 time is a big problem. He might be fine in a zone scheme where his lack of deep speed can be covered up; but if we ever make a coaching change and bring in someone who plays more man, he’ll be little more than a speed bump to elite opposing Receivers.
Brents ran a 4.5 and the Colts run a zone heavy scheme. Arnold would be fine, if not great.
Old 04-24-2024, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Brents ran a 4.5 and the Colts run a zone heavy scheme. Arnold would be fine, if not great.
I’d like to think that, drafting 15th, we’ll have a chance to find someone better than Brents. I’d like to find a scheme versatile Corner, someone who can both play zone and shut down an elite Receiver If he has to.

I’m tired of watching Cornerbacks whose skill set mostly revolves around giving a ten yard cushion. I’m tired of letting opponents complete 80 percent of their completions. I’m tired of making rookie journeyman Quarterbacks look like the second coming of Joe Montana. I’m tired of ancient, mediocre, vanilla zone defenses that opponents have had a quarter century to solve.
Old 04-25-2024, 12:48 AM
Post whore

Quote:
I’d like to think that, drafting 15th, we’ll have a chance to find someone better than Brents. I’d like to find a scheme versatile Corner, someone who can both play zone and shut down an elite Receiver If he has to.

I’m tired of watching Cornerbacks whose skill set mostly revolves around giving a ten yard cushion. I’m tired of letting opponents complete 80 percent of their completions. I’m tired of making rookie journeyman Quarterbacks look like the second coming of Joe Montana. I’m tired of ancient, mediocre, vanilla zone defenses that opponents have had a quarter century to solve.
I like Quinyon Mitchell better as well, but I'm not going to burn it to the ground if they draft Arnold. Arnold's 10 split was still elite, and he had great explosion and COD numbers, meaning your worries about 10 yard cushions are unwarranted.
Old 04-25-2024, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
I like Quinyon Mitchell better as well, but I'm not going to burn it to the ground if they draft Arnold. Arnold's 10 split was still elite, and he had great explosion and COD numbers, meaning your worries about 10 yard cushions are unwarranted.
The problem is that he’s not big enough or strong enough to jam Receivers at the line. He might well excel at covering crossing patterns and underneath routes; but, he just doesn’t have the top end speed to cover elite receivers on deep patterns. Right now, sure, the Colts employ a zone scheme. But, if Gus Bradley’s D lays another egg in 2024, he’s probably gone.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kray007 For This Useful Post:
YDFL Commish (04-25-2024)
Old 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
Post whore

Quote:
The problem is that he’s not big enough or strong enough to jam Receivers at the line. He might well excel at covering crossing patterns and underneath routes; but, he just doesn’t have the top end speed to cover elite receivers on deep patterns. Right now, sure, the Colts employ a zone scheme. But, if Gus Bradley’s D lays another egg in 2024, he’s probably gone.
We should be concerned right now with what makes the 2024 Colts the best. If the FO determines that's Arnold, I'm good with that.
Old 04-25-2024, 06:55 PM

Thanked 2,268 Times in 1,222 Posts

Quote:
Agree on Bradley. Give him defenders, so that he has no excuses.
Old 04-25-2024, 07:00 PM

Thanked 4,297 Times in 1,758 Posts

Quote:
dam Jr 40 time scouting
Old 04-25-2024, 07:03 PM

Thanked 2,268 Times in 1,222 Posts

I wouldn't hate an Arnold pick. but, I would damn well hate a trade back for a Kool-Aid pick.
Old 04-25-2024, 07:55 PM

Thanked 1,337 Times in 754 Posts

I would be shocked if both Mitchell and DeJean weren't higher on Ballard's draft board than Arnold. Both are bigger, faster, and have a higher RAS score than Arnold.