ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-07-2017, 10:18 AM

Thanked 1,195 Times in 527 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
I doubt that. Who wouldn't want to get out there and play? He is a pro
Peter King in this week's MMQB remembers an interview with Jim Kelly in Training Camp after they had lost their 4th SB IN A ROW!!

This was told in context of how Matt Ryan can overcome the crushing defeat they suffered in the Super Bowl only 9 months ago.
Quote:
I told Ryan I recalled Jim Kelly, at training camp after Buffalo’s fourth Super Bowl loss, looking at me incredulously when I asked if he’d considered walking away from football because the pain of losing was so acute. Kelly said, basically, You’re kidding, right? I love this game. I couldn’t think of doing anything that’s a tenth as fun, even when you lose Super Bowls.

“That's the competitor's mindset, right?” Ryan said. “My thing is, what else would you rather be doing? This is a pretty good gig if you can get it.”
Luck is a pro and a competitor. If he can be on the field, he would be on the field.

Walk Worthy,
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sherck For This Useful Post:
Pez (09-07-2017), Racehorse (09-07-2017), smitty46953 (09-07-2017)
Old 09-07-2017, 06:09 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
So, do you think the Doctors misdiagnosed Edge's knee injury on orders from Irsay?
I don't think I said anything like that Ed, I think I posted a link refuting Omaha's claim that there was never any bad blood over the Edge injury as evidenced by Irsay giving Edge a ring.

No, I don't even think they misdiagnosed his injury, I do however question if they've been truthful about 1). The severity at the time of disclosure (no way an NFL team would EVER be guilty of such a thing...) and 2). How successful the surgery and rehab has been (here I absolutely believe it's all about Irsay not wanting empty seats on Sunday's...).

FWIW Ross Tucker stood in for Dan Patrick today and there was a good segment on the treatment of injuries at the college level vs the NFL. He said in college when he blew his MCL it was sort of a quick- "nope, you are done" from the doctor. However in the NFL he watched a teammate with a fractured knee cap be pressured to practice- being told it was just a bruise, and literally falling down and screaming in pain because he couldn't put weight on it. The team's perspective, and he said this is just the way it is in the NFL- it's your job to get out there and play.

Do I think Luck is a competitor, a hell of a teammate and someone that would love to be out there, yes I do. I think that KC game spoke volumes about the guys heart and all the runs where he has been destroyed battling for an extra yard- tremendous desire to win.

However do I also think this team is complete shit and that the people running it from the owner (go away Jim) to the GM (and I am absolutely including Ballard until proven otherwise) to the coach (who I have a huge sample to use as my evaluation point) have failed this guy---- absolutely.
Old 09-07-2017, 07:39 PM

Thanked 4,282 Times in 1,750 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
Peter King in this week's MMQB remembers an interview with Jim Kelly in Training Camp after they had lost their 4th SB IN A ROW!!

This was told in context of how Matt Ryan can overcome the crushing defeat they suffered in the Super Bowl only 9 months ago.

Luck is a pro and a competitor. If he can be on the field, he would be on the field.

Walk Worthy,
I agree omaha. Great post

Would have been fine
Old 09-07-2017, 08:00 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,038 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
I agree omaha. Great post

Would have been fine
They are so few and far between it is hard to take notice when there is one ...
Old 09-08-2017, 07:12 AM

Thanked 4,373 Times in 2,519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
I don't think I said anything like that Ed, I think I posted a link refuting Omaha's claim that there was never any bad blood over the Edge injury as evidenced by Irsay giving Edge a ring.

No, I don't even think they misdiagnosed his injury, I do however question if they've been truthful about 1). The severity at the time of disclosure (no way an NFL team would EVER be guilty of such a thing...) and 2). How successful the surgery and rehab has been (here I absolutely believe it's all about Irsay not wanting empty seats on Sunday's...).

FWIW Ross Tucker stood in for Dan Patrick today and there was a good segment on the treatment of injuries at the college level vs the NFL. He said in college when he blew his MCL it was sort of a quick- "nope, you are done" from the doctor. However in the NFL he watched a teammate with a fractured knee cap be pressured to practice- being told it was just a bruise, and literally falling down and screaming in pain because he couldn't put weight on it. The team's perspective, and he said this is just the way it is in the NFL- it's your job to get out there and play.

Do I think Luck is a competitor, a hell of a teammate and someone that would love to be out there, yes I do. I think that KC game spoke volumes about the guys heart and all the runs where he has been destroyed battling for an extra yard- tremendous desire to win.

However do I also think this team is complete shit and that the people running it from the owner (go away Jim) to the GM (and I am absolutely including Ballard until proven otherwise) to the coach (who I have a huge sample to use as my evaluation point) have failed this guy---- absolutely.
The door is that way >>>>>>>>>>

Don't let it hit your ass on the way out!