ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > NFL > NFL Discussion Forum

Old 01-14-2018, 05:30 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,247 Times in 1,998 Posts
Default The Steelers' Failed Comeback Attempt vs. the Jaguars

o

Today's Steelers-Jaguars playoff game reminded me of the 1980 AFC Championship Game between the Raiders and the Chargers.

In that game 37 years ago, the Raiders jumped out to a 28-7 lead late in the 2nd quarter. The Chargers added a touchdown just before halftime to close the gap to 28-14 (just as the Steelers did today), and then quickly added 10 more points in the 3rd quarter to close the gap even further to 28-24. But the Chargers could not get completely over the hump, and the Raiders won the game by a score of 34-27.

Similarly today, the Steelers drew close on several occasions in the 2nd half, but could never quite catch Jaguars.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
WaynesWorld87 (01-14-2018)
Old 01-14-2018, 06:13 PM

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,639 Posts

You are one weird dude.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Luck4Reich For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (01-14-2018), Coltsfever (06-19-2019), Racehorse (01-14-2018)
Old 01-14-2018, 06:20 PM
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLuck4Chuck View Post

You are one weird dude.

o

No argument there.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Indiana V2 (01-14-2018), Luck4Reich (01-14-2018)
Old 01-14-2018, 06:33 PM

I just can't believe the Patriots are about to make a Super Bowl appearance where all they had to do was beat the fucking 9-7 Titans (who weren't even as good as their mediocre record indicated) and the fucking Jaguars who've sucked the previous 20 years. and the Jags aren't even that good this year. They're not a "legit" Super Bowl contender even a little bit.

Really, watching the Falcons/Eagles yesterday and Saints/Vikings today, the NFL as a whole is a joke this year. I judge an NFL team in any given season on whether or not I think they'd be a true Super Bowl contender in any given previous season. Most years there's never more than three or so of those teams (maybe four in a good year). This year, though, the only team I feel that way about is the Patriots. I felt that way about the Eagles with Wentz, but now that he's hurt the NFL is a joke. This is a REALLY weak year and it's going to lead to Tom Brady winning another ing with one of the easiest Super Bowl cakewalks of all-time.
Old 01-14-2018, 08:08 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaynesWorld87 View Post
I just can't believe the Patriots are about to make a Super Bowl appearance where all they had to do was beat the fucking 9-7 Titans (who weren't even as good as their mediocre record indicated) and the fucking Jaguars who've sucked the previous 20 years. and the Jags aren't even that good this year. They're not a "legit" Super Bowl contender even a little bit.

Really, watching the Falcons/Eagles yesterday and Saints/Vikings today, the NFL as a whole is a joke this year. I judge an NFL team in any given season on whether or not I think they'd be a true Super Bowl contender in any given previous season. Most years there's never more than three or so of those teams (maybe four in a good year). This year, though, the only team I feel that way about is the Patriots. I felt that way about the Eagles with Wentz, but now that he's hurt the NFL is a joke. This is a REALLY weak year and it's going to lead to Tom Brady winning another ing with one of the easiest Super Bowl cakewalks of all-time.
I dunno, Jacksonsville's defense is Super Bowl worthy, and if they find a QB to replace Bortles we're screwed.
Old 01-14-2018, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana V2 View Post
I dunno, Jacksonsville's defense is Super Bowl worthy, and if they find a QB to replace Bortles we're screwed.
I agree, the Jags defense is Super Bowl worthy.

I just don't consider a team a "legit" Super Bowl contender unless they have at least a tier 2 starting QB. In any given year the QB tiers greatly vary, I'm aware of that. Some years Tier 1 consists of 3-5 QBs and some years it's 5-7 QBs. However, Bortles isn't even a Tier 2 QB this year; and while the Jags have an elite defense, it's not "All-Time Great" elite. But yeah, if they do find a QB, then they're going to be a huge problem for us and the rest of the NFL for the next few years if they keep their defense intact and if they can stay healthy.

On another note, Tom Brady only has to beat two the following QBs to win the Super Bowl this year:

Blake Bortles (garbage)
Case Keenum (average)
Nick Foles (garbage)

The Patriots are so well-coached and so good in every other facet, the Pats could probably start their backup QB from here on out and still win the damn Super Bowl.
Old 01-15-2018, 01:03 AM

Quote:

The league lacks any real parity.

Everyone pretty much already knew New England was going to win another superbowl this year. The only question was whether or not Pittsburgh had taken the step to get over the hump with them. The product essentially sucks. People are watching it less because they already know how it's going to play out. College football is better anyway.

I really didn't like Pittsburgh to begin with, but I hate them for consistently getting their asses whooped by NE. At least Manning eventually figured them out.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Session For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (01-15-2018)
Old 01-17-2018, 07:36 PM
Historian

Quote:

I just can't believe the Patriots are about to make a Super Bowl appearance where all they had to do was beat the fucking 9-7 Titans (who weren't even as good as their mediocre record indicated) and the fucking Jaguars, who've sucked the previous 20 years ......... and the Jaguars aren't even that good this year. They're not a "legit" Super Bowl contender, even a little bit.

o

The Patriots’ Super Bowl Path is the Easiest in Modern NFL History

(By Neil Paine)

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...n-nfl-history/

o

Old 01-19-2018, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana V2 View Post
They are only SB worthy against shit teams. Didn't a third of their sack come in 2 games vs the colts?

They just give up 42 to good offensive team.

The best way to beat the pats is to create a fake walk through so when they are filming it, it's the completely wrong game plan.

Now the pats are trying to cover up Brady's injury saying he jammed it in practice when he probably hurt it j/o his boyfriend.

At least the jags came out and played to win vs pitt. Let's hope they do that again.
The Following User Says Thank You to DragonTails For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (01-19-2018)
Old 01-21-2018, 07:09 PM
Historian

Quote:

I just can't believe the Patriots are about to make a Super Bowl appearance where all they had to do was beat the fucking 9-7 Titans (who weren't even as good as their mediocre record indicated) and the fucking Jaguars, who've sucked the previous 20 years ......... and the Jaguars aren't even that good this year. They're not a "legit" Super Bowl contender, even a little bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

The Patriots’ Super Bowl Path is the Easiest in Modern NFL History

(By Neil Paine)

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...n-nfl-history/

o

o

And, they're in.

o