ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > NFL > NFL Discussion Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-12-2023, 11:33 PM

Thanked 1,593 Times in 764 Posts

Fucking bruuuutal ticky-tack penalty to end the game in anticlimactic fashion. I had no dog in the fight, but that was a pretty entertaining game and the ending fucked it up.

Also, did Hurts slip on that Hail Mary duck he threw? That field was trash. How is that what you roll out for the fucking Super Bowl?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (02-12-2023), Racehorse (02-13-2023)
Old 02-12-2023, 11:34 PM

Thanked 1,292 Times in 729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

Overall, the Chiefs' defense got more overall stops than did the Eagles' defense.

Plus, one of the Chiefs' defensive stops was a "double-stop", because their defense scored a touchdown in the process.

The Eagles defense forced 2 punts in the first half, and 0 punts/stops in the 2nd half.

Plus, they Chiefs scored all TD's on offense, except when they intentionally took a knee to run time off the clock for that final field goal ...... the Eagles had to twice settle for field goals.

o
Agreed there as well. KC's D played much better than Philly's tonight. I thought Philly's pass rush would get to Mahomes more, but they didn't.
Old 02-12-2023, 11:43 PM

Thanked 2,617 Times in 1,543 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
Fucking bruuuutal ticky-tack penalty to end the game in anticlimactic fashion. I had no dog in the fight, but that was a pretty entertaining game and the ending fucked it up.

Also, did Hurts slip on that Hail Mary duck he threw? That field was trash. How is that what you roll out for the fucking Super Bowl?
They actually do roll it out!
Old 02-12-2023, 11:43 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,268 Times in 2,016 Posts

Quote:
o

Overall, the Chiefs' defense got more overall stops than did the Eagles' defense.

Plus, one of the Chiefs' defensive stops was a "double-stop", because their defense scored a touchdown in the process.

The Eagles defense forced 2 punts in the first half, and 0 punts/stops in the 2nd half.

Plus, the Chiefs scored all TD's on offense, except when they intentionally took a knee to run time off the clock for that final field goal ...... the Eagles had to twice settle for field goals.

o
o

And speaking of field-goal attempts, I'll bet that the Chiefs' kicker is breathing a huge sigh of relief right about now ...... now he missed a very makeable 42-yard attempt early in the game.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 02-12-2023, 11:46 PM

Thanked 2,617 Times in 1,543 Posts

Quote:
o

And speaking of field-goal attempts, I'll bet that the Chiefs' kicker is breathing a huge sigh of relief right about now ...... now he missed a very makeable 42-yard attempt early in the game.

o
I thought there was a very good chance he would choke on the game winner. His last extra point was barely inside the upright!
Old 02-12-2023, 11:54 PM

Thanked 2,239 Times in 1,170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post

I really do not think that BS call affected the final outcome, but it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. At the very least it stopped the end of the game possibly being the eagles having a minute or so to try a last-ditch effort and make the whole thing more entertaining. It was still one of the more entertaining Superbowls that the Colts didn't win or the Patriots lose, so I am not upset.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Butter For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (02-13-2023), Racehorse (02-13-2023)
Old 02-13-2023, 12:28 AM

Thanked 1,292 Times in 729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
I really do not think that BS call affected the final outcome, but it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. At the very least it stopped the end of the game possibly being the eagles having a minute or so to try a last-ditch effort and make the whole thing more entertaining. It was still one of the more entertaining Superbowls that the Colts didn't win or the Patriots lose, so I am not upset.
There's no guarantee that call ultimately gave the game to the Chiefs, but it certainly could have. Assuming KC's FG kicker hits it Philly would have gotten the ball back w/ ~1:45 left on the clock. Plenty of time to drive for at least a tying FG if not a game winning TD. These refs deserve to be fired over making that call at that point in the championship game.
The Following User Says Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
ChaosTheory (02-13-2023)
Old 02-13-2023, 09:23 AM

Thanked 1,593 Times in 764 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
I hear you. I'm mostly talking about the anticlimactic ending to a good game. Annoying.

I would never blame a loss on refs because there's too many other factors. But as Norm said, the Eagles would've had 1:45 + a timeout only needing a field goal.

And this was a particularly weak penalty call.
Old 02-13-2023, 01:39 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,268 Times in 2,016 Posts

o

The man has a bachelor's degree from Stanford ...... and he's smart enough to know that history will probably look kindly on him for taking the high road.

James Bradberry Owns up to Pulling the Jersey in the Super Bowl

(By Olivia Reiner)

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/eagl...es%20Bradberry

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck