ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-08-2019, 07:38 PM

Thanked 1,180 Times in 356 Posts

Doubt weather matters much outside of a blizzard. Manning won plenty of games in bitterly cold but non-blizzardy KC.
Old 01-08-2019, 07:40 PM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
If you limit possessions, that also puts pressure on the Colts offense to be more efficient than the Chiefs in those limited possessions. I expect Reich to be very aggressive on 4th down decisions because FGs aren’t going to cut it this week.
Agree with this, was talking to a friend today, and if we can have a high-percentage, short pass, run the ball, screen kind of offense we can theoretically run more plays, more TOP and limit same on the chiefs.

If we commit to this sort of game plan, execution has to be at a very high level. If we go on 10+ play drives and run 6-7 mins off the clock for a FG, we're hosing ourselves as much as KC.

It's an odd risk / reward scenario, but very tempting as we will be playing our best match-up, the 7th ranked offense against the 30th ranked defense, vs the 1st rated offense against the 10th best defense.

As someone said earlier in the thread, if you only consider the last half of the season, KC and Indy are the #1 and #2 offenses in the AFC, and Indy is the #1 defense in the AFC...

This is going to be a great football game.

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
Old 01-08-2019, 08:14 PM

Thanked 1,899 Times in 926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
Agree with this, was talking to a friend today, and if we can have a high-percentage, short pass, run the ball, screen kind of offense we can theoretically run more plays, more TOP and limit same on the chiefs.

If we commit to this sort of game plan, execution has to be at a very high level. If we go on 10+ play drives and run 6-7 mins off the clock for a FG, we're hosing ourselves as much as KC.

It's an odd risk / reward scenario, but very tempting as we will be playing our best match-up, the 7th ranked offense against the 30th ranked defense, vs the 1st rated offense against the 10th best defense.

As someone said earlier in the thread, if you only consider the last half of the season, KC and Indy are the #1 and #2 offenses in the AFC, and Indy is the #1 defense in the AFC...

Our defense has played well, albeit against the Dak Prescott’s and Blake Bortles of the world. They haven’t faced a really GOOD quarterback since Tom Brady on Oct 4th. Unless you consider Tannehill or Derek Carr really good, which I don’t.

Heck, Eli Manning nearly beat us at home week 16.

Forgive me, I’m skeptical that they can hold up on the road against the MVP, who they’ve never seen before.
Old 01-08-2019, 08:33 PM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

The chiefs in their 4 losses averaged 37.5 points per game. They are going to score. We have to run the shit out of the ball to shorten the game and limit their possession as much as possible. We have to finish those drives off with TD's, and we have to get some turnovers on defense.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maniac For This Useful Post:
omahacolt (01-08-2019), VeveJones007 (01-08-2019)
Old 01-08-2019, 09:08 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

I get the skepticism and concern. Until this team wins you gotta be skeptical (by the way what has Kansas City won recently?). I just think people are to hard on this defense. The coaching and scheming (by that I mean getting your players in a position where they are asked to do what they do best) gets you half way there. I disagree with most that what we need is a great pass rushing lineman. First off how many of those exist? Five, maybe six really great ones. While we may not have great ones we don't have any pieces of crap either. If you can get a line where everyone is a little bit better than average you can have a line that you can win with. We have a legitimately good run defense. I can't remember when that was true. We don't give up long bombs. Will great offenses score on us, hell yes. But unlike previous teams I've rooted for these guys try to take away the ball. The Kansas City defenses biggest weapon is their pass rush. I like our chances at neutralizing it. Ballard's investment up front needs to pay off and I'm betting it does. We should win this game.
Old 01-08-2019, 09:14 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,639 Times in 948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post

I see one glaring weakness there, and in the playoffs, those tend to get exposed.
Old 01-08-2019, 10:09 PM

Inch of snow forecasted for Saturday.

Do that help or hurt the colts?
Old 01-08-2019, 10:20 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,639 Times in 948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonTails View Post

Helps tremendously. Slows pass rush and passing attack, which is pretty much what KC's strengths are.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
sherck (01-09-2019)
Old 01-08-2019, 10:26 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonTails View Post

Only an inch probably has little impact. Temperatures are above freezing all week, so most will melt right away. Colts would prefer a slower track rather than a slightly slick track.
Old 01-08-2019, 11:34 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,667 Times in 2,052 Posts

Reich was on Polian’s radio show. Said they are going to come out firing. Said they aren’t going to try and control the clock etc. got the impression he thinks it will be a shoot out.