ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 08-07-2022, 02:12 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,607 Times in 934 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
Basically the NFL gave them a slap on the wrist. They should have suspended Belicheat for a year w/ Spygate 1 and banned him for life w/ Spygate 2, which may not have happened if they had actually given him a legitimate penalty the first go around.
Even a 1 year suspension wouldn't be sufficient unless it came with the explicit understanding that a second offense would mean a lifetime ban and derecognition of all their championships and records. After all, if I win 6 championships by cheating and my only consequence is 2 years of suspension, I've still come out way ahead.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (08-07-2022)
Old 08-07-2022, 02:14 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
If future prevention was the goal, any punishment short of lifetime bans for Brady and Belichick and official derecognition of all of their career accomplishments was and still is insufficient. Belichick made tens of millions and Brady made hundreds of millions, and COMBINED, they, along with billionaire Kraft who made billions off the scheme, had to pay fines of $1.1 million? The moral of that story to any smart businessperson is do it again as many times as you can.
When the other owners hold their members accountable it will happen. When that happens, monkeys will fly out of Jim Irsays ass
The Following User Says Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (08-07-2022)
Old 08-07-2022, 02:17 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy View Post
That is a big "if" at this point. Jenkins has participated in a team practice once during training camp so far in his career including last season and this season.

He has had some type of undisclosed injury this season although he returned to individual workouts today and has indicated that he is close to returning to team practice.

I just think that it is a bit of a red flag that the new front office is so ready to "move on." It is not like the Bears have an All-Pro offensive line and can give away talented players so easily.

I wonder if the new front office has a different conclusion about his back and if they think it will be a continual issue throughout his playing career.

Again, I have no issue with acquiring Jenkins although I think the acquiring team needs to be careful about putting together the trade package. I wouldn't be comfortable trading a Day 1 or 2 draft pick (Rounds 1 - 3).
That's of course why I put the caveat. The medicals and the interviews are the two huge factors that the general public don't get access to that all teams have in the draft process. He could have a severe back problem that won't allow him to play. That would be a shame because OTs with his athleticism and demeanor don't come along very often.
Old 08-07-2022, 02:19 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
When the other owners hold their members accountable it will happen. When that happens, monkeys will fly out of Jim Irsays ass
I didn't say ban Kraft. Of course the owners aren't going to be held to account. That doesn't mean the players, coaches, and franchise shouldn't be.
Old 08-07-2022, 04:30 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,266 Times in 2,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post

If future prevention was the goal, any punishment short of lifetime bans for Brady and Belichick and official derecognition of all of their career accomplishments was and still is insufficient. Belichick made tens of millions and Brady made hundreds of millions, and COMBINED, they, along with billionaire Kraft who made billions off the scheme, had to pay fines of $1.1 million? The moral of that story to any smart businessperson is do it again as many times as you can. You can't penalize based on what you think probably happened.

o

Indy Norm ) was correct. A one-year ban in the first place would have prevented any incidents in the future, because the next step would have been a lifetime ban.

Banning for life on the first offense for cheating would have opened a can of worms in the second place that would have caused more damage than good.

It's possible that Belichick was cheating before Spygate, but there would be no way to prove that, hence there would be no way to penalize for that.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 08-07-2022, 05:38 PM

Thanked 1,589 Times in 762 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
Basically the NFL gave them a slap on the wrist. They should have suspended Belicheat for a year w/ Spygate 1 and banned him for life w/ Spygate 2, which may not have happened if they had actually given him a legitimate penalty the first go around.
What makes it looks even more asinine is the comparison to Deflategate and Bountygate suspensions (I don't even consider fines because fining a billionaire is a joke)...

Bountygate resulted in suspensions for four players, multiple coaches including HC and DC, and the GM. Several of these were full-season suspensions. Then they lost consecutive 2nd-round picks.

Even Deflategate yielded a 4-game suspension for Brady and cost them a 1st and 4th. We all know this was a weak attempt at a makeup call for Spygate, but that just goes to further show that Spygate never got the appropriate penalty.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
BCN#1 (08-08-2022), Colts And Orioles (08-07-2022), IndyNorm (08-07-2022), Racehorse (08-08-2022), Spike (08-07-2022)
Old 08-08-2022, 06:36 AM

Thanked 4,373 Times in 2,519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
Jim said it happened once. However, he was likely stoned.
JAFF (08-08-2022), Spike (08-08-2022)
Old 08-08-2022, 07:34 PM
Post whore

Thanked 4,793 Times in 2,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
Jim said it happened once. However, he was likely stoned.
I would like to party with Jim.
Old 08-09-2022, 11:53 AM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
I would like to party with Jim.
Go big if you do.
Old 08-09-2022, 05:54 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
You can't penalize based on what you think probably happened.
Just wanted to address this, since the rest is opinion and we'll just have to agree to disagree. The NFL had mountains of evidence when they did their investigation into the extent of the cheating, and they destroyed all of it. It was a commonly known fact that NE was cheating throughout the league, as evidenced by the below Peyton Manning interview released weeks before the Spygate story broke:

https://vault.si.com/vault/2007/09/0...---099---image

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peyton Manning
I constantly think about teams stealing our signals. I know New England films me when we're up there.
So it's not "what [I] think probably happened", it's well known fact throughout the league that the NFL intentionally covered up.