ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-25-2022, 09:04 AM
Accidental Administrator

I am homer-level excited about Ryan as well.

I am really reminded a lot of some of the comments made last year and perhaps the year before, that we really need a QB to "make the layups."

I hope that we are moving forward with the same level of expectation with Matt Ryan. If that's the case, then I think Ryan can certainly fit that bill from a physical perspective, but more importantly from a mental perspective.

I was never on board with Rivers on 2020, and all of us knew 3-4 weeks in that Wentz was not the guy in 2021. From what I think this team should expect from it's QB, Ryan can fit the bill for years.

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
Old 07-25-2022, 10:41 AM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

I liked the rivers move and he delivered basically what I expected

I talked myself into getting excited in the wentz move, thought it might be better than it was and was ultimately frustrated and irritated

I think ryan will do much better than our last two experiments. He is smart and can physically perform well enough. With the experience the ream has gotten last couple years I think we make a deep playoff run baring injury

Go colts!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rcubed For This Useful Post:
Pez (07-25-2022), Racehorse (07-25-2022), Spike (07-25-2022)
Old 07-25-2022, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
I am homer-level excited about Ryan as well.

I am really reminded a lot of some of the comments made last year and perhaps the year before, that we really need a QB to "make the layups."

I hope that we are moving forward with the same level of expectation with Matt Ryan. If that's the case, then I think Ryan can certainly fit that bill from a physical perspective, but more importantly from a mental perspective.

I was never on board with Rivers on 2020, and all of us knew 3-4 weeks in that Wentz was not the guy in 2021. From what I think this team should expect from it's QB, Ryan can fit the bill for years.
I am not trying to sound smart but I went to Training Camp last year with my 19-year-old son and after seeing Wentz throw about ten passes in helmet and shells and plain miss two of his throws and under-throw/overthrow a couple of more, I turned to him and said "he is not the guy."

There is just something missing from Carson Wentz that the great QBs have.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ironshaft For This Useful Post:
Lov2fish (07-25-2022), Racehorse (07-25-2022), rcubed (07-25-2022), Spike (07-25-2022)
Old 07-25-2022, 02:27 PM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironshaft View Post
I am not trying to sound smart but I went to Training Camp last year with my 19-year-old son and after seeing Wentz throw about ten passes in helmet and shells and plain miss two of his throws and under-throw/overthrow a couple of more, I turned to him and said "he is not the guy."

You saw it long before my blue tinted glasses let me see it. Just watching him hold the ball for soooo long and knowing that this is not how our offense is supposed to work. But but but it will be fine he missed camp, he missed preseason, Frank will set it right...

In the end, it took Jonathan Taylor to get us in a position to make the playoffs after 1-4 start, it just wasnt quite enough to protect us from Carson Wentz.

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pez For This Useful Post:
Lov2fish (07-25-2022), Racehorse (07-25-2022), smitty46953 (07-25-2022), Spike (07-25-2022)
Old 07-28-2022, 10:44 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,616 Times in 2,024 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironshaft View Post

I had serious doubts about the guy after reading through the eagles boards and Philly articles. I didn’t like his inaccuracy and other red flags, my gut was telling me no. But hey they swung and missed, it happens. Also fans want to be optimistic before a season, so I was hoping my gut was wrong.

I have none of those worries with Ryan. I think it was one of the best moves of the off-season.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (07-29-2022), Spike (07-29-2022)
Old 07-29-2022, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
I had serious doubts about the guy after reading through the eagles boards and Philly articles. I didn’t like his inaccuracy and other red flags, my gut was telling me no. But hey they swung and missed, it happens. Also fans want to be optimistic before a season, so I was hoping my gut was wrong.

I have none of those worries with Ryan. I think it was one of the best moves of the off-season.
Ryan is gonna change the tempo big time. I have watched several snippets of training camp on you tube. Watching him put a ball where nobody can get it but his receiver is refreshing. His release is much quicker than I thought. I am in full homerism excitement. The biggest thing I noticed on those videos? Reggie Wayne. If a receiver is off just a split second he is in their ear hole. A little Peyton rubbed off on Reggie. I think he will have an OK receiver room playing above their pay grade.
Chromeburn (07-29-2022), Racehorse (07-29-2022), Spike (07-29-2022)
Old 07-29-2022, 10:04 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
Ryan is gonna change the tempo big time. I have watched several snippets of training camp on you tube. Watching him put a ball where nobody can get it but his receiver is refreshing. His release is much quicker than I thought. I am in full homerism excitement. The biggest thing I noticed on those videos? Reggie Wayne. If a receiver is off just a split second he is in their ear hole. A little Peyton rubbed off on Reggie. I think he will have an OK receiver room playing above their pay grade.
I had not heard that about Reggie. Makes me smile big time. This team needs that kind of accountability big time. Didn't see that in last years team. We need to toughen up.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
Lov2fish (07-29-2022)
Old 07-29-2022, 09:19 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,616 Times in 2,024 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
Faster release. Faster decision making. And he will pull the trigger on his first read. So many times I remember watching Wentz and he would hold the ball, like Brisset, and the pass rush would get to him. But he would fight it off then throw the ball in the chaos. Exciting play, but totally unnecessary. He will get hurt playing like that. Ryan will just get rid of the ball, plus he was one of the best in the league against the blitz last year. So he will get rid of it to the right place. He might throw more interceptions than Wentz, but the offense will move with more efficiency and teams will have to defend the pass. None of this guys cheating up on the under Meath passes bc Wentz won’t throw them.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Lov2fish (07-29-2022)
Old 09-11-2022, 09:45 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,268 Times in 2,016 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

I believe that Ryan will have a good season with the Colts, and that Wentz will have a good season with the Commanders/Redskins ...... if that comes to fruition, everybody will be happy (at least Colts fans and Washington fans will be.)

o
o

Ryan had a pretty good day, Wentz had a really good day ...... 1 game down, 16 games to go.

Wentz Tosses 4 TDs, Commanders Come Back to Beat Jaguars

(Associated Press)

https://www.espn.com/nfl/recap?gameId=401437646

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (09-11-2022)
Old 09-11-2022, 09:59 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,135 Times in 643 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

Ryan had a pretty good day, Wentz had a really good day ...... 1 game down, 16 games to go.

Wentz Tosses 4 TDs, Commanders Come Back to Beat Jaguars

(Associated Press)

https://www.espn.com/nfl/recap?gameId=401437646

o
Matt Ryan made more key late throws in the first game then Wentz made all of last season
The Following User Says Thank You to apballin For This Useful Post:
YDFL Commish (09-11-2022)