ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-01-2018, 03:23 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,643 Times in 952 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
Fuck off, just Fuck off, will you please?

Belichick was considered a failure in Cleveland. Shula was considered a failure in Baltimore. Landry couldn't get it done in Dallas his 1st 10 years. Dungy couldn't win the big game.

None of knows who the next great coach will be. But it sure as fuck wasn't going to be Pagano or Chudzinski, running the offense of the 1990's U.
If Shula was considered a failure in Baltimore, give me a failure just like that. Also, none of the coaches you named were egomaniacs like McDaniels, which is why, with the exception of Belicheat (who only found it through cheating), they were able to find success in the NFL
Old 01-01-2018, 03:27 PM

Thanked 2,258 Times in 1,217 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
If Shula was considered a failure in Baltimore, give me a failure just like that. Also, none of the coaches you named were egomaniacs like McDaniels, which is why, with the exception of Belicheat (who only found it through cheating), they were able to find success in the NFL
So McDaniel's can't be a better coach, a better human being than he was almost 10 years ago?

I'm not saying that McDaniel's is THE GUY. I'm just saying that you can't dismiss him because of his past.
Old 01-01-2018, 03:32 PM

Thanked 1,329 Times in 751 Posts

Quote:
You guys really need to let go of your hatred blinders. Remember when Caldwell was the worst HC ever, then he went on to win a Super Bowl with Baltimore as a OC and has turned the Lions into a respectable franchise as a HC? McDaniels was, as you put it, a complete dumpster fire in Denver, and he can't even blame that on not having a franchise QB, because he was gifted one that he ran off. I don't want his egomania anywhere near the Colts franchise.
Dude, I actually agreed with you. What gives?

And oh BTW: the folks in Detroit thought Caldwell did such a good job that they fired him today.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
Coltsalr (01-02-2018), omahacolt (01-01-2018)
Old 01-01-2018, 03:33 PM

Quote:
So McDaniel's can't be a better coach, a better human being than he was almost 10 years ago?

I'm not saying that McDaniel's is THE GUY. I'm just saying that you can't dismiss him because of his past.
When you take into account his dumpster fire of a job in his previous tenure and that none of Belicheat's assistant have had any success as a HC the prudent thing would be to look elsewhere.
Old 01-01-2018, 03:35 PM
Post whore

Quote:

Given the history of Belicheat assistants, the proven fact that New England cheats using cameras and Ernie Adams to know what plays the other team is calling, and the past of Josh McDaniels as a head coach in which he took a promising franchise and reduced it to smoldering embers in one offseason, I see his probability of success as the lowest among those being considered.
Old 01-01-2018, 03:41 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
Dude, I actually agreed with you. What gives?

And oh BTW: the folks in Detroit thought Caldwell did such a good job that they fired him today.
The Lions have been a well esteemed franchise known for their keen decision making over the years, right? They're right up there with the Browns in that department. Hopefully they hire McDaniels and take that potential problem away from the Colts franchise.

Caldwell had a 36-28 record with them. I'll be stunned if their next head coach does as well.
Old 01-01-2018, 04:29 PM
TROLL

Jim Harbaugh and Nick Saban should be at the top of the list.

After that, I would pick Frank Reich.

Fourth choice would be David Shaw.
Old 01-01-2018, 05:27 PM

Quote:
The Lions have been a well esteemed franchise known for their keen decision making over the years, right? They're right up there with the Browns in that department. Hopefully they hire McDaniels and take that potential problem away from the Colts franchise.

Caldwell had a 36-28 record with them. I'll be stunned if their next head coach does as well.
Good point, and I was surprised to see the Lions let him go. I think most of us still hold one of the worst TO calls in the history of sports against Caldwell, but he obviously did well as OC for Balt and had a good record in Det.

Anyway, I agree with you on McDaniels. We need to look elsewhere for our coach.
Old 01-01-2018, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmick View Post
Jim Harbaugh and Nick Saban should be at the top of the list.

After that, I would pick Frank Reich.

Fourth choice would be David Shaw.
I don't get the Harbaugh thing. You would have to buy out his contract and what makes you think he wants to go back to the NFL?
Old 01-01-2018, 05:36 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitekrazy View Post
I don't get the Harbaugh thing. You would have to buy out his contract and what makes you think he wants to go back to the NFL?
He's worked with Luck and he's one of the few coaches who has actually shown that his presence makes an appreciable difference in team results. That's the Harbaugh thing.