ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-12-2022, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
I don't think they will. I think they have seen enough. If he comes back it is likely because they can't get a better option.
And that's almost certain.
Old 01-12-2022, 02:01 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,663 Times in 2,048 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
Some of these JT misses... Man. Beyond the slow/missed reads, his pocket feel is not there. Look at that bad pass to Pittman at around 15 mins...

First, it'd be nice if Glowinski wasn't having sweet love made to him by the DT... But Wentz doesn't seem to ever notice. He never seems to just drift away from the pressure for just a tiny bit of room and time. And he make a shit throw.
That's one of the issues. When he scrambles, it doesn't feel like he is buying time with his legs, it feels like he is forcing and panicking a little. I watched David Mills throw a scramble TD the other day and he broke away from the line and just drifted to the flat looking for an outlet and eventually the defense broke down. He bought time with his legs and extended the play. Wentz would have run forward and shortened the distance between the nearest defender and reduced his time to throw and shortened the play. He tries to throw downfield while also running downfield, its like he can't make up his mind on what to do on any single play in almost every aspect.

And we haven't really mentioned his mechanics. If you look at his front foot in the video it is pointing 45° away from his target, hence why his throws are high. If you look at this video, they actually use Wentz as an example of good mechanics at the 14:40 mark when he was at the combine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFlx...stDownTraining

He doesn't point at the receiver anymore. Anyone can try this out, go throw a football, but before you do, turn your lead foot away from where you are throwing and see how it messes up your accuracy. It feels unnatural.

Last edited by Chromeburn; 01-12-2022 at 02:04 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
ChaosTheory (01-12-2022)
Old 01-12-2022, 02:01 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,663 Times in 2,048 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedge View Post
And that's almost certain.
Maybe, we will see. Off-seasons have been crazy the last couple of years.
Old 01-12-2022, 02:47 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedge View Post
No. Fuck Carson Wentz.
Agreed. Both
Old 01-12-2022, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
Ehlinger wouldn't have won a single game if he'd played. We have big trouble at QB.
I was only talking about the Raiders game. You know, the one that Wentz started without any practice whatsoever for the entire week, the one where he overthrew a wide open TY Hilton, the one that the team lost. So, if Ehlinger lost that game after practicing all week with the starters, we'd all be happy to see Wentz back to fuck up the Jags game.
Brylok (01-12-2022)
Old 01-12-2022, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
I was only talking about the Raiders game. You know, the one that Wentz started without any practice whatsoever for the entire week, the one where he overthrew a wide open TY Hilton, the one that the team lost. So, if Ehlinger lost that game after practicing all week with the starters, we'd all be happy to see Wentz back to fuck up the Jags game.
I wanted them to keep Sam as the starter since he took all the first team reps. I would like to see what he could do with the starters. Preseason he played with scrubs, but his release was much quicker then Wentz. When he made a decision he went with it, run throw or pic. He committed and didn't just look lost
Chromeburn (01-12-2022), Racehorse (01-12-2022)
Old 01-12-2022, 08:42 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
Maybe Wentz is so mentally broken that having Ehlinger start even one game would create another Foles type situation. He's that mentally shot. I think they need to cut Wentz in early March so they don't have to pay him even more millions in pay and bonuses. If they keep him and bring in legitimate competition, it'll create a Foles situation. We're in a bad spot right now, and the rest of the team has more holes than a porcupine's mattress..
Old 01-12-2022, 09:29 PM

Thanked 1,899 Times in 926 Posts

The guy has got to go.
Old 01-12-2022, 09:46 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Tomorrow is a really big day for this franchise. Ballard's words are going to need to mean something. Presumptively given Irsay's issuance of an apology letter HE HAS TO BE to the point of telling both Ballard and Riech that Wentz MUST go--- if no reason other than to quell the rage of this fanbase, let alone because he sucks (and I was one that said he was what we needed--- and I was WRONG!).

If so, then Frank would presumably be on the firing line as well if he tries to go to the well again to support his guy. Frank better utter the statement "I was wrong, I F-d up, I agree, we have to get rid of him". If not, then you MUST send him packing as well.

We are damaged franchise in need of an overhaul and a lot of that now lays at the feet of Frank. Cut bait or cut your own head off IMO, and it should be fast- send the message that we are NOT willing to settle for this level of crap.
Old 01-12-2022, 10:09 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,402 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
Tomorrow is a really big day for this franchise. Ballard's words are going to need to mean something. Presumptively given Irsay's issuance of an apology letter HE HAS TO BE to the point of telling both Ballard and Riech that Wentz MUST go--- if no reason other than to quell the rage of this fanbase, let alone because he sucks (and I was one that said he was what we needed--- and I was WRONG!).

If so, then Frank would presumably be on the firing line as well if he tries to go to the well again to support his guy. Frank better utter the statement "I was wrong, I F-d up, I agree, we have to get rid of him". If not, then you MUST send him packing as well.

We are damaged franchise in need of an overhaul and a lot of that now lays at the feet of Frank. Cut bait or cut your own head off IMO, and it should be fast- send the message that we are NOT willing to settle for this level of crap.
Dude... Frank aint goin anywhere redirect your anger
Racehorse (01-13-2022)