ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Everything Else > General Topics
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-03-2022, 08:45 AM

Thanked 4,373 Times in 2,519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
There are 2 different articles in this postfrom murdoch publications and npr clamiing trump is done. Not from cnn.
I agree that he is done as a candidate. He blew it with COVID and the racial divide during his term in office. However, his impact on elections will continue for some time.
JAFF (07-03-2022)
Old 07-03-2022, 09:02 AM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
I agree that he is done as a candidate. He blew it with COVID and the racial divide during his term in office. However, his impact on elections will continue for some time.
You mean lying about how he lost a free and fair election? Where NO ONE has discovered any evidence of election fraud EXCEPT for Trump demanding that Georgia find him 7000 votes, on a recorded conversation with Georgia state officials?

Yeah, there was fraud, perpetrated by Trump.
Old 07-03-2022, 04:19 PM

Thanked 4,282 Times in 1,750 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
Like I said, if Trump is found guilty, throw his ass in jail. But there are a few other politicians who need to go with him.
criminals should be locked up

but we both know, powerful people are generally free from consequences. clearly pelosi has been insider trading for years. nobody looks into it.

we can't prosecute them ourselves. but we can say no thank you when voting.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
JAFF (07-03-2022), Racehorse (07-04-2022), Spike (07-03-2022)
Old 07-03-2022, 04:22 PM

Thanked 4,282 Times in 1,750 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
Let him have his fun. His hatred for anything Trump is obvious. They call it Trump Derangement Syndrome. Yes, Trump is no role model, but the hate is unreal.
what is to like about Trump?

he is as morally bankrupt as any person i have ever seen. he has not a single good quality about him.
The Following User Says Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
JAFF (07-03-2022)
Old 07-03-2022, 04:50 PM
Post whore

Thanked 4,793 Times in 2,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
criminals should be locked up

but we both know, powerful people are generally free from consequences. clearly pelosi has been insider trading for years. nobody looks into it.

we can't prosecute them ourselves. but we can say no thank you when voting.
I agree. But what if you want to say no thank you to every candidate? What do you do then? I have voted republican lately because the democrats have gone so far left and it goes against what I personally believe. Voting for anybody other than a democrat or republican is a wasted vote. We are stuck in a conundrum, and it sucks.
Racehorse (07-04-2022)
Old 07-03-2022, 04:59 PM
Post whore

Thanked 4,793 Times in 2,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
One thing at a time, their turns will come.
Not based on history it won't.
Old 07-03-2022, 08:25 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Not based on history it won't.
Nixon and watergate
Old 07-03-2022, 11:05 PM

Quote:
I agree. But what if you want to say no thank you to every candidate? What do you do then? I have voted republican lately because the democrats have gone so far left and it goes against what I personally believe. Voting for anybody other than a democrat or republican is a wasted vote. We are stuck in a conundrum, and it sucks.
The wasted votes are on the same tired candidates. I would love to see term limits officially, but, we do have term limits already, in the voting booth. We have the option to remove them for fucking up, or rewarding them for fucking up. Americans suffer from the boiling frog effect and nothing will change to incumbents who seek reelection. Its just the nature of political tribalism!

We have to get away from the Republican/Democrat conundrum. Trump and Biden has damaged both parties that will take a while to recover from.

I am not sure why the democrats are pursuing Trump so hard. They should just let him run, he is beatable again. If they get a conviction against him that prevents another shot at potus, they will get Ron Desantis. He has no skeletons in his closet and the democrats have nobody who can beat him. So in essence they are setting themselves up for 8-16 years of republican leadership in the white house. I say 16 years cause if he picks a strong running mate it will be lights out for the democrats. They can stomp their feet and whine and say no all they want, but the best they could do last election was an 80 year old man with dementia. They gonna run Bernie? Kamala lol. Elizabeth Warren? They got nothing that doesn't have baggage attached to it.
Racehorse (07-04-2022), Spike (07-03-2022)
Old 07-04-2022, 02:07 AM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

It looks like Newsom is trying to set himself up, possibly to run against DeSantis at some point in the future.

There’s also Buttigieg but he is still on the young side and it would be interesting to see how general america handles the gay aspect.
Old 07-04-2022, 08:15 AM

Thanked 4,373 Times in 2,519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
The wasted votes are on the same tired candidates. I would love to see term limits officially, but, we do have term limits already, in the voting booth. We have the option to remove them for fucking up, or rewarding them for fucking up. Americans suffer from the boiling frog effect and nothing will change to incumbents who seek reelection. Its just the nature of political tribalism!

We have to get away from the Republican/Democrat conundrum. Trump and Biden has damaged both parties that will take a while to recover from.

I am not sure why the democrats are pursuing Trump so hard. They should just let him run, he is beatable again. If they get a conviction against him that prevents another shot at potus, they will get Ron Desantis. He has no skeletons in his closet and the democrats have nobody who can beat him. So in essence they are setting themselves up for 8-16 years of republican leadership in the white house. I say 16 years cause if he picks a strong running mate it will be lights out for the democrats. They can stomp their feet and whine and say no all they want, but the best they could do last election was an 80 year old man with dementia. They gonna run Bernie? Kamala lol. Elizabeth Warren? They got nothing that doesn't have baggage attached to it.
I agree about Trump. And the same can be argued about the abortion issue. The left has us right where they want us on this, and will play it into a lot of midterm victories if some states go too far on abortion laws. We need common sense laws that allow for some exceptions, but a lot of states have gone full ban already.