ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Everything Else > General Topics

Old 07-04-2022, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

This didn't happen in Chicago, it was in an upscale suburb 30 miles north of it in Lake County.

o
I know where its at, we have clients there. In that shithole city they don't discriminate where they shoot it up. The city and its burbs has well over 1500 shootings a year. It is an everyday occurrence. They also have some of the strictest draconian gun laws in the country. Doesn't even slow down the thugs.
Old 07-04-2022, 10:18 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,248 Times in 1,999 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post

I know where its at, we have clients there. In that shithole city they don't discriminate where they shoot it up. The city and its burbs has well over 1500 shootings a year. It is an everyday occurrence. They also have some of the strictest draconian gun laws in the country. Doesn't even slow down the thugs.

o

Really? I live an hour north of New York City, and the difference between New York City and Putnam County is like day and night in terms of crime and violence.

In fact, Scarsdale, NY, is just outside of New York City (closer to it than where I live), and that is one of the wealthiest communities in the country with virtually no crime rate.

But if you say that Highland Park and Chicago are essentially the same in terms of crime and violence, I'll take your word for it since you live and work in that area.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck

Last edited by Colts And Orioles; 07-05-2022 at 02:48 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
JAFF (07-05-2022)
Old 07-04-2022, 10:29 PM

Quote:
o

Really? I live an hour north of New York City, and the difference between New York City and Putnam County is like day and night in terms of crime and violence.

In fact, Scarsdale, NY, is just outside of New York City (closer to to it than where I live), and that is one of the wealthiest communities in the country with virtually no crime rate.

But if you say that Highland Park and Chicago are essentially the same in terms of crime and violence, I'll take your word for it since you live and work in that area.

o
It is somewhat of a drop off in crime, but not as dramatic as you would think, or expect. It's just not a friendly place. Doesn't matter where in Chicago, our guys hate delivering up there. They're like, can't someone in the area build their cabinets? They hate it, absolutely hate it. Its like the wild west.

Downers Grove is a very affluent area of Chicago, there was two people murdered in their home 2 doors down from where we delivered, and 3 people bound and shot in an alley 3 days before that.

Last edited by Lov2fish; 07-04-2022 at 10:32 PM.
Old 07-04-2022, 10:32 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,248 Times in 1,999 Posts

Quote:

It is somewhat of a drop off in crime, but not as dramatic as you would think, or expect. It's just not a friendly place. Doesn't matter where in Chicago, our guys hate delivering up there. They're like, can't someone in the area build their cabinets? They hate it, absolutely hate it. Its like the wild west.

o

I know that Chicago has one of the highest violent crime-rates in the country (3rd overall, behind New York and Los Angeles), but I just looked up the crime rate in Highland Park, and it is not even close to the city of Chicago.

I think you may be mistaken by necessarily lumping it in with Chicago as virtually the same because they are geographically within 30 miles of each other, but OK.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck

Last edited by Colts And Orioles; 07-05-2022 at 02:48 PM.
Old 07-04-2022, 10:34 PM

Quote:
o

I know that Chicago is one of the highest crime-rates in the country (3rd overall), but I just looked up the crime rate in Highland Park, and it is not even close to the city of Chicago. I think you may be mistaken by lumping it in with Chicago as virtually the same because they are geographically within 30 miles of each other, but OK.

o
It's like driving to Miami from West Palm. Every city runs together along the way. You can barely tell when you left one little burg and entered another. Chicago and its burbs are the same.
Old 07-05-2022, 10:52 AM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts

Quote:
It's like driving to Miami from West Palm. Every city runs together along the way. You can barely tell when you left one little burg and entered another. Chicago and its burbs are the same.
it is ok to be wrong
Old 07-05-2022, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
it is ok to be wrong
I have no problem being wrong when I am.
Old 07-05-2022, 02:10 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
o

In fact, Scarsdale, NY, is just outside of New York City (closer to to it than where I live), and that is one of the wealthiest communities in the country with virtually no crime rate.

o
Stop making sense. Reality is beyond their reach
Old 07-05-2022, 02:10 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
I have no problem being wrong when I am.
Im still waiting for you to be right
Old 07-05-2022, 06:45 PM

Thanked 1,889 Times in 921 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
Stop making sense. Reality is beyond their reach
^^^^This guy says no one is defunding the police. In this very thread.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
Lov2fish (07-05-2022), Racehorse (07-06-2022), Spike (07-05-2022)