ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 10-05-2018, 04:30 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,247 Times in 1,998 Posts

o

Eric Ebron and Erik Swoope ........ our two tight ends combined for 12 catches, 149 yards receiving, and 3 TD catches.

Out of those 149 yards combined, Ebron had a career-high 109.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 10-05-2018, 05:05 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
I was somewhat encouraged by this game, especially seeing Luck play well. He made his usual number of dumb throws, one of which ended in an INT and two others that could have. But, for the most part, he was a bright spot. Still can't figure Ebron. He has talent, but just too many drops on easy passes. Between the preseason injuries and all the injuries on the team now, it would be hard to expect more out of the remaining players than we're seeing. I'm hoping we see a reasonably healthy team before season's end so we can determine where our biggest needs are for next season.
All of Ebron's problems are between his ears
Old 10-05-2018, 05:07 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
I mostly agree with you, though I do get what GBB is saying. Sometimes, particularly with poorly thrown balls, Ebron gives you the impression he isn’t going all out. He won’t leap or dive for some balls, perhaps because he views them as impossible to catch, but I’m so used to other players make an effort in such circumstances - even if hopeless - that it kind of sticks out.

That being said, it does feel to me like the guy could be a special player. Something about him – maybe it’s the combo of his size, speed and physicality – just stands out, moreso than Swoope or even Doyle. I won’t kid myself and say he’ll ever have Doyle’s reliable hands, but I'm pretty optimistic he’ll become an elite receiving tight end for the Colts.
This isn't fair, but I'm going to say it anyway. Dallas Clark would look a pass in, get LIT UP, and hang on. He got drilled often running down the seam, but he didn't drop passes. It's an attitude. Ebron has a lot of physical talent. He doesn't like getting hit.
The Following User Says Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
sherck (10-05-2018)
Old 10-05-2018, 05:11 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Session View Post
Idk about ball security but I’ve felt for some time Doyle takes way to many licks.

I don’t know if it’s his lack of athleticism or if he just likes playing that way but I’m honestly surprised he doesn’t have more fumbles/injuries.
He doesn't care. He's willing to take a shot because he gets to play in the NFL.

First rule of football, it hurts to play it and be good at it.

Second rule, you need to get over rule one.
Old 10-05-2018, 05:34 PM

Quote:
It’s a little off the subject I suppose, but I am interested in the idea that Doyle has a ongoing fumbling problem. Off the top of my head I recall the fumble earlier this season against the Bengals, but perhaps I've blocked out the others. Please provide more info on this.
He lost 2 last year. Both within the first 6 games when he also seemed to have the drops. I believe at least one of those played a big part in a loss. The fumble lost numbers for TEs are so small that more than one in a season is notable. He’s had 4 in his last 18 games played - going back to the end of 2016. That’s definitely near the top for tight ends.

Last edited by rm1369; 10-05-2018 at 05:37 PM.
Old 10-05-2018, 06:00 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
I mostly agree with you, though I do get what GBB is saying. Sometimes, particularly with poorly thrown balls, Ebron gives you the impression he isn’t going all out. He won’t leap or dive for some balls, perhaps because he views them as impossible to catch, but I’m so used to other players make an effort in such circumstances - even if hopeless - that it kind of sticks out.

That being said, it does feel to me like the guy could be a special player. Something about him – maybe it’s the combo of his size, speed and physicality – just stands out, moreso than Swoope or even Doyle. I won’t kid myself and say he’ll ever have Doyle’s reliable hands, but I'm pretty optimistic he’ll become an elite receiving tight end for the Colts.

I think you guys are nitpicking. Watch the game again. He was making ridiculous grabs and dove for some of them. He was keeping drives going and was really the only guy balling out there. As for problems on this team he is way down on my list. I can think of the only one drop, he was overthrown for the rest of the passes. Chester Rodgers dropped a TD pass and a potential huge gain on another drive (Ebron saved that drive after Rodgers dropped it too).

Ebron is the only one catching TDs on this team consistently. Him and the rookie Hines.
Old 10-05-2018, 06:27 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
This isn't fair, but I'm going to say it anyway. Dallas Clark would look a pass in, get LIT UP, and hang on. He got drilled often running down the seam, but he didn't drop passes. It's an attitude. Ebron has a lot of physical talent. He doesn't like getting hit.
Huh? Clark dropped passes. He would get a case of the drops at times. And Ebron was running into double teams to get first downs yesterday.

Last edited by Chromeburn; 10-05-2018 at 06:30 PM.
Old 10-05-2018, 06:35 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Huh? Clark dropped passes. He would get a case of the drops at times. And Ebron was running into double teams to get first downs yesterday.
If I could choose between the two, it's Clark. Tell me I'm wrong
Old 10-05-2018, 06:53 PM

Thanked 4,361 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 View Post

12. Two more hamstring injuries last night. TY Hilton maybe out several weeks with his. There needs to be a serious inquiry made as to what the hell is going on with the Colts' medical and training programs. Something is wrong. It's not just bad luck when it's this many years in a row. I don't have an answer, but the questions must be asked. If I were to guess, I would say the Colts are doing something wrong on the preventative end that's making players more susceptible to hamstring injuries. Part of their strength & conditioning program. Occam's Razor there, and I could be wrong, but generally when a team has a rash of the exact same injury, it's because they all do something to make themselves vulnerable to that injury.
In my experience, hamstring issues occur when the athlete does not warm up properly or when the athlete does not stay warmed up. Maybe they need someone to be an ogre during warmups before the game and at the end of halftime.
Old 10-05-2018, 07:00 PM

Thanked 4,361 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post

4) Hines is a playmaker who needs to see the field often but likely can't handle a full workload. Wilkins is a decent compliment, but I think Mack could be a better one if he can ever get back on the field.

I would like to see Hines play slot receiver more and put Mack at RB when he returns. No other WR is reliable enough to take Hines out. Go up-tempo with him in and spread him out. He can catch better than the WRs.

That said, I think Rogers is catching better than he was earlier in the season.
GoBigBlue88 (10-07-2018)