ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-05-2022, 02:56 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,038 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post
While its true the team has probowlers at weird positions that have less of an impact than say, DE and QB, or even LT, I still don't think talent is the problem on this team. It doesn't explain why the o-line has regressed so bad. Losing Castonzo didn't make Nelson go from all pro to mediocre. It didn't make Ryan Kelly bad, or Braden Smith bad.
There is a lack of toughness on this team. I keep beating the dead horse of going back to when the fired DeGuglielmo as the oline coach. He was the guy who focused more on toughness and meanness over technique, and Reich wanted technique. He was the guy who kicked Good off the team because he wasn't emotionally able to play after his brother got killed.
DeGuglielmo is currently the OL coach for Boston College, wish they would give him a call.
Spike (10-05-2022)
Old 10-05-2022, 07:53 PM

Thanked 1,328 Times in 751 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSayDayo View Post
Ballard traded for Buckner before that draft, not during
I know. I was just saying that it's possible Ballard at least put out some feelers to see if we could move into the top 5 to draft Herbert (or Tua) and found he'd had no takers. I kind of doubt he did, but it's possible.
Old 10-05-2022, 08:16 PM

Thanked 2,658 Times in 1,180 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty46953 View Post
DeGuglielmo is currently the OL coach for Boston College, wish they would give him a call.

Sure - if you want to shake things up and fire the line up, OK.

But he would not be a long term answer.

He has had 7 different jobs in the last 7 years.

He is a job hopper / drifter.

I guess you could use him as a bridge to a longer term hire.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AlwaysSunnyinIndy For This Useful Post:
smitty46953 (10-05-2022), YDFL Commish (10-06-2022)
Old 10-06-2022, 08:51 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

There are lots of ways to build a team. You don't need to use free agency or you can use it big time. Either way you can build a competitive team. It isn't how Ballard builds this team it is what he builds. I am sick of arguing about what he should or should not have done. Doesn't matter to me one bit. The only thing that matters is he puts together a shit team with absolutely no pride or heart or ability. I keep hearing on the board about how all we need is a new coaching staff, bullshit. This team needs new players, coaches and administration. We are stuck with Irsay. Nicer guy than his dad but a crap owner if what you want in an owner is a winner. Two franchise QBs fall into his lap in a row and he eaks out one Super Bowl win while putting together a team of men that destroyed the others career. These current guys have accomplished nothing whatsoever except get a few pro bowl trophies and fleece Irsay out of millions. I will keep watching because I have done it for over 50 years through thick and thin, but this group is impossible for me to give a shit about anymore. I am hoping for a total house cleaning, with a miracle of Irsay letting his daughter take over at the end of the year. I am a little pissed about where this has gone over the last 2 years.
Old 10-06-2022, 09:54 AM

Thanked 1,328 Times in 751 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
There are lots of ways to build a team. You don't need to use free agency or you can use it big time. Either way you can build a competitive team. It isn't how Ballard builds this team it is what he builds. I am sick of arguing about what he should or should not have done. Doesn't matter to me one bit. The only thing that matters is he puts together a shit team with absolutely no pride or heart or ability. I keep hearing on the board about how all we need is a new coaching staff, bullshit. This team needs new players, coaches and administration. We are stuck with Irsay. Nicer guy than his dad but a crap owner if what you want in an owner is a winner. Two franchise QBs fall into his lap in a row and he eaks out one Super Bowl win while putting together a team of men that destroyed the others career. These current guys have accomplished nothing whatsoever except get a few pro bowl trophies and fleece Irsay out of millions. I will keep watching because I have done it for over 50 years through thick and thin, but this group is impossible for me to give a shit about anymore. I am hoping for a total house cleaning, with a miracle of Irsay letting his daughter take over at the end of the year. I am a little pissed about where this has gone over the last 2 years.
Great post! I love the Ballard apologists on here who always respond with "what moves would you have made" anytime someone on here criticizes the FO. No one on this site, or any fan message board for that matter, is getting paid to make the Colts better. Ballard and his staff are, and they failed to make the Colts better from '20 to '21 and appear to have failed miserably at this from '21 to '22.

Last edited by IndyNorm; 10-06-2022 at 05:14 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
dwilli57 (10-06-2022), omahacolt (10-06-2022)