ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-18-2021, 10:15 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Every number is not going to be off. Comparisons to Khalil Mack are circulating in the media based on his pro day numbers. Mack was a top 5 pick. Ojulari came in at 6'2" 250 4.6 40 28 reps 34 3/8" arms with 8.5 sacks in 10 games on an all SEC schedule at age 20. That's not a player that lasts to 21.
So you think he will go top 5?
Old 03-18-2021, 11:08 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,643 Times in 952 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
So you think he will go top 5?
Probably more like Top 15, maybe Top 10 but that's less about him and more about the talent in this class. This draft class has better QBs than 2018, better WRs than 2020 (which itself was considered to be a historically good WR class), the Quenton Nelson of TEs in Kyle Pitts (plays a lower value position but could be most talented player in class), incredible OT depth, with arguably up to 10 Day 1 starting OTs, and several good IOLs as well. It would surprise me if he went Top 5 based on the available talent, but it wouldn't be undeserved.
Old 03-18-2021, 11:35 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorgrim View Post
Might as well hibernate if your only getting up to check for signings.
It's a lame running joke. I'm trusting Ballard and I'm happy we got Wentz. His interview with JMV was better than the official one with the media.
Old 03-19-2021, 10:54 AM

Thanked 1,477 Times in 815 Posts

What stage of FA grief are you currently at?

1. Denial - We are close and have cap space, surely we will make a splash!
2. Anger - Why hasnt ballard done anything big!!
3. Bargaining - OMG! There wont be anyone left, just overspend and get a bigtime FA!! Cap be damned!!
4. Depression - Sigh. Same as every year, ballard is just filling out the roster with 2nd tier guys and we will go through the motions yet again.
5. Acceptance - Wow, ballard really sticks to his plan and puts together a quality team each year without killing long term prospects. Lets go win some games, go colts!!

I am somewhere between 4 and 5.
Old 03-19-2021, 11:13 AM
Post whore

Thanked 4,808 Times in 2,679 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
What stage of FA grief are you currently at?

1. Denial - We are close and have cap space, surely we will make a splash!
2. Anger - Why hasnt ballard done anything big!!
3. Bargaining - OMG! There wont be anyone left, just overspend and get a bigtime FA!! Cap be damned!!
4. Depression - Sigh. Same as every year, ballard is just filling out the roster with 2nd tier guys and we will go through the motions yet again.
5. Acceptance - Wow, ballard really sticks to his plan and puts together a quality team each year without killing long term prospects. Lets go win some games, go colts!!

I am somewhere between 4 and 5.
2 & 4. The main reason is I really wanted Lawson and CB could have made it happen. Restructure contracts and get a game changer at the DE position. I'm not ignorant enough to say Lawson is the next coming of DF, but he has a lot of Freeney's mannerism's. Hell, just watch the tape. Front end load the contract, signing bonus, etc... and then we have one less hole to fill. So yes, anger and depression for me.
Old 03-19-2021, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
2 & 4. The main reason is I really wanted Lawson and CB could have made it happen. Restructure contracts and get a game changer at the DE position. I'm not ignorant enough to say Lawson is the next coming of DF, but he has a lot of Freeney's mannerism's. Hell, just watch the tape. Front end load the contract, signing bonus, etc... and then we have one less hole to fill. So yes, anger and depression for me.
I’m right there with you!! Most posters seem to think that with Wentz the Colts are a much improved team, I’m not one of them. This team, right now, has no pass rush to speak of, a gigantic void at left tackle, and no corner backs. They can’t draft enough quality players to fill all remaining needs.
The Following User Says Thank You to njcoltfan For This Useful Post:
Spike (03-19-2021)
Old 03-19-2021, 10:49 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
Really? My Rx is a fifth of Four Roses small batch and when you wake up on Tuesday you will have bigger problems to worry about
The Following User Says Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
Voosh (03-19-2021)
Old 03-19-2021, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
Really? My Rx is a fifth of Four Roses small batch and when you wake up on Tuesday you will have bigger problems to worry about
I logged in to support Four Roses and that I'm a big fan of Bulleit, sipping on it now tbh.
The Following User Says Thank You to Voosh For This Useful Post:
JAFF (03-20-2021)
Old 03-20-2021, 12:41 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Probably more like Top 15, maybe Top 10 but that's less about him and more about the talent in this class. This draft class has better QBs than 2018, better WRs than 2020 (which itself was considered to be a historically good WR class), the Quenton Nelson of TEs in Kyle Pitts (plays a lower value position but could be most talented player in class), incredible OT depth, with arguably up to 10 Day 1 starting OTs, and several good IOLs as well. It would surprise me if he went Top 5 based on the available talent, but it wouldn't be undeserved.
Well you just laid out the argument for him possibly falling. Someone is going to drop in this draft.
Old 03-20-2021, 03:23 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,643 Times in 952 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Well you just laid out the argument for him possibly falling. Someone is going to drop in this draft.
I don't see it, but I'd rather get him and Radunz than the 4th or 5th OT at 21 and then who knows what at 54 and the DE cupboard is entirely bare going into 2021. That said, I'm starting to get the feeling that the Colts will trade back if they can't get Darrisaw (really any of the Top 3 OTs, but Darrisaw is the only one who it's even remotely possible will be available) at 21, and that's not likely considering they have two tackle needy teams directly in front of them.