ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 02-22-2018, 12:39 AM

Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,135 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
What I have read is that he is throwing weighted balls that are heavier than a football.
Not sure who it was, hell I can't even remember which show it was on- might have been Dan Patrick and I never did get the name... BUT...

A former NFL QB was on this radio show today. Had the same surgery as Andrew performed by Dr. James Andrews (I know it wasn't Brees- it was a "lower level" guy that much I know based on his comment of "I never had the resources that someone like Luck would have at his disposal). He said the most interesting thing he has picked up on to this point is Luck's statement a while back about how weird it has been to re-learn a throwing motion and how that's probably going to lead to new pain as the new "groove" is formed from this repetitive motion.

Whoever this guy was talked about how the pain Luck has been feeling is probably not an unhealed / botched injury / rehab but is instead likely the result of his compensated throwing motion during all of 2016. He said in looking at Luck's motion from 2015 pre-injury to the 2016 edition, the shoulder has no doubt had a new "groove" formed- and now, after not having done it for so long- there's going to be pain as the new "groove" is formed.

He also said that he picked up on some key statements by Luck. He said he heard statements in there that indicated to him Luck has been coached by the medical folks of exactly how to portray the correct medical status to leave enough room to allow for a later surgery should it be necessary- and he thinks the issue with the biceps is likely the bigger issue for Luck now because he does not think a QB with that issue would be able to come back and play at the NFL level.

He also said after his surgery James Andrews told him it would be 18-24 months before the pain went away- and he was right.

On a very negative note he said he never got his full velocity back after the surgery. He said after the surgery there was just a lot more tightness that he could never get rid of.
Old 02-22-2018, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
On a very negative note he said he never got his full velocity back after the surgery. He said after the surgery there was just a lot more tightness that he could never get rid of.
Labrum tears are a bitch,

They are absolutely never the same.
Old 02-22-2018, 02:51 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
Not sure who it was, hell I can't even remember which show it was on- might have been Dan Patrick and I never did get the name... BUT...

A former NFL QB was on this radio show today. Had the same surgery as Andrew performed by Dr. James Andrews (I know it wasn't Brees- it was a "lower level" guy that much I know based on his comment of "I never had the resources that someone like Luck would have at his disposal). He said the most interesting thing he has picked up on to this point is Luck's statement a while back about how weird it has been to re-learn a throwing motion and how that's probably going to lead to new pain as the new "groove" is formed from this repetitive motion.

Whoever this guy was talked about how the pain Luck has been feeling is probably not an unhealed / botched injury / rehab but is instead likely the result of his compensated throwing motion during all of 2016. He said in looking at Luck's motion from 2015 pre-injury to the 2016 edition, the shoulder has no doubt had a new "groove" formed- and now, after not having done it for so long- there's going to be pain as the new "groove" is formed.

He also said that he picked up on some key statements by Luck. He said he heard statements in there that indicated to him Luck has been coached by the medical folks of exactly how to portray the correct medical status to leave enough room to allow for a later surgery should it be necessary- and he thinks the issue with the biceps is likely the bigger issue for Luck now because he does not think a QB with that issue would be able to come back and play at the NFL level.

He also said after his surgery James Andrews told him it would be 18-24 months before the pain went away- and he was right.

I think it was the TNF game against Denver where Collinsworth showed Luck's 2015 vs 2016 throwing motion side by side. It was a significant change. On the one hand, it lends a lot of credibility to the statements about "re-learning" to throw. On the other hand, what the hell were the Colts doing, having him play through it when it was affecting his throwing motion so significantly?
Old 02-22-2018, 03:24 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
I think it was the TNF game against Denver where Collinsworth showed Luck's 2015 vs 2016 throwing motion side by side. It was a significant change. On the one hand, it lends a lot of credibility to the statements about "re-learning" to throw. On the other hand, what the hell were the Colts doing, having him play through it when it was affecting his throwing motion so significantly?
who was at the helm?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rcubed For This Useful Post:
Dewey 5 (02-22-2018), Racehorse (02-22-2018), Spike (02-22-2018)
Old 02-22-2018, 08:15 PM
Post whore

Thanked 4,793 Times in 2,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
Pagano was trying to save his ass and didn't give a shit.
ChoppedWood (02-22-2018)
Old 02-22-2018, 10:45 PM

Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,135 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
Pagano was trying to save his ass and didn't give a shit.
B-I-N-G-O
B-I-N-G-O

and Dingo was his fucking nameo!

I remember getting blasted for suggesting this back in the day. Now, I don't think there's any fucking doubt Pags was clinging to the hope Luck would keep him employed. Asshole!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (02-23-2018), Spike (02-22-2018)