ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-06-2023, 04:24 PM

Thanked 1,123 Times in 625 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
It all depends on their evaluations. If there is a clear cut guy then I agree - go get him. But if their evaluations are close then stay put and save the future picks. I prefer Stroud, but I can be talked into any of them. So I’d stay at 4 and take the best available.
Ballard would love you. It’s time to be aggressive. Colts been fucking around with the qb position far too long.
Old 03-06-2023, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey 5 View Post
Ballard would love you. It’s time to be aggressive. Colts been fucking around with the qb position far too long.
That’s doubtful. I’ve been probably his longest standing critic on this board - I’ve consistently criticized his lack of aggressiveness since year 2. But you don’t trade 3 first rounders for a marginal difference in evaluation. And that’s reportedly what Chicago expects 2023, 2024, and 2025 first rounders. If they see Stroud (or anyone else) as head and shoulders above the others (and a true franchise QB) then ok, be aggressive. I just don’t currently see that kind of separation between them.
Old 03-06-2023, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
That’s doubtful. I’ve been probably his longest standing critic on this board - I’ve consistently criticized his lack of aggressiveness since year 2. But you don’t trade 3 first rounders for a marginal difference in evaluation. And that’s reportedly what Chicago expects 2023, 2024, and 2025 first rounders. If they see Stroud (or anyone else) as head and shoulders above the others (and a true franchise QB) then ok, be aggressive. I just don’t currently see that kind of separation between them.
They are going to have to trade up to 3. Best case is Texans trade with Bears & we trade with Arizona. Texans take Young & we can choose between Stroud or Richardson. I just think Stoud is going one but We’ll see.
Old 03-06-2023, 06:48 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,139 Times in 646 Posts

I’ll go on record and join Dam here after the interview and combine Stroud is my first choice followed by Richardson
Old 03-06-2023, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
I’ll go on record and join Dam here after the interview and combine Stroud is my first choice followed by Richardson
Chances Ballard fucks this up by staying put at 4. 100%
Old 03-09-2023, 04:20 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,280 Times in 2,023 Posts

o

College football commentator and analyst Joel Klatt says that Buckeye Nation is remorseless towards the Buckeyes, particularly the head-coach and quarterback positions.

Is Ohio State QB CFB’s Most ‘Pressure-Packed’ Position ???

(By Caleb Spinner)

https://www.si.com/college/ohiostate...latt-cj-stroud

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 03-10-2023, 04:34 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,280 Times in 2,023 Posts

o

Stroud discusses the strengths of his game, and an area of improvement in it, last week at the NFL Combine in Indianapolis.

Ohio State’s C.J. Stroud Makes His Pitch

(By J.J. Stankevitz)

https://www.colts.com/news/cj-stroud...couting-report

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 03-10-2023, 05:44 PM

Stroud is not worth any future draft capital that includes more than this years 1 and next years 2nd. & 4th. maybe. Three spaces does not equal two additional first rounders for a QB with just as high a chance to bust as be franchise. The guy on this board chanting to trade everything for him also said Jones would be a star and Goldielocks in Jacksonville will bust. I said just the opposite then, and I am sticking to my assertion this draft as well. Stay pat at 4 and take Levis and give up nothing else. If I am wrong I will own it and take my ball busting like a man.

Richardson is the most gifted athlete in this class and there is no argument against it. His athletic ability and intelligence are not enough to offset his low percentage on completions. Everyone see's the highlights, but it is the same fucking loop every time. Why is that? It is cause his lowlights are atrocious. Perfectly clean pocket and he misses high, low and throws picks. It is on film, but none of the prognosticators are flashing those everywhere cause it makes them look incompetent.

Young, if we was 6'3" and weighed 225 or bigger every argument for others would be moot. He is just not going to have a lasting career in this league. OC is going to call plays that include a QB option to run, or downright draw a play that he runs. He is just not built to take unnecessary hits!
YDFL Commish (03-10-2023)
Old 03-10-2023, 06:16 PM

Thanked 2,273 Times in 1,224 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
Stroud is not worth any future draft capital that includes more than this years 1 and next years 2nd. & 4th. maybe. Three spaces does not equal two additional first rounders for a QB with just as high a chance to bust as be franchise. The guy on this board chanting to trade everything for him also said Jones would be a star and Goldielocks in Jacksonville will bust. I said just the opposite then, and I am sticking to my assertion this draft as well. Stay pat at 4 and take Levis and give up nothing else. If I am wrong I will own it and take my ball busting like a man.

Richardson is the most gifted athlete in this class and there is no argument against it. His athletic ability and intelligence are not enough to offset his low percentage on completions. Everyone see's the highlights, but it is the same fucking loop every time. Why is that? It is cause his lowlights are atrocious. Perfectly clean pocket and he misses high, low and throws picks. It is on film, but none of the prognosticators are flashing those everywhere cause it makes them look incompetent.

Young, if we was 6'3" and weighed 225 or bigger every argument for others would be moot. He is just not going to have a lasting career in this league. OC is going to call plays that include a QB option to run, or downright draw a play that he runs. He is just not built to take unnecessary hits!
I totally agree with you that no QB is worth trading up for a very reasonable price.

But I would not take Levis at 4. I would prefer to trade back and take Hooker.
Old 03-10-2023, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
I totally agree with you that no QB is worth trading up for a very reasonable price.

But I would not take Levis at 4. I would prefer to trade back and take Hooker.
Not opposed to that either. I have McKee and Hooker as dead even pretty much. Hooker gets the slight edge on arm strength. Other than that I would not be unhappy if that is how it went.

Trading for the 1st. pick is out the window anyway. Carolina just traded with Chicago for the pick. Not sure the terms yet, but just heard.