ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 10-25-2018, 10:58 AM

Thanked 1,189 Times in 523 Posts
Default The 2018 AFC South Champion will be ???

Another good Stampede Blue artcile on the state of the AFC South (located here).

Bottom line?

1. The AFC South offenses besides the Colts are not scoring points.
2. None of the AFC South defenses are looking strong this season.
3. None of the AFC South QB (besides Luck) are playing well.
4. The other three teams are facing buzz-saw schedules over the next four - five weeks while the Colts had their tough part of the schedule early.

I know we sit at 2 - 5 right now (hopefully 3-5 going into the bye week) but the division is up for grabs.

And our division mates are vulnerable. If we can play anywhere as well going forward as we did against BUF (and hopefully OAK), then we have a pretty solid shot at winning divisional games.

Anyway, pretty good article.

Walk Worthy,
Old 10-25-2018, 11:03 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,595 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
Another good Stampede Blue artcile on the state of the AFC South (located here).

Bottom line?

1. The AFC South offenses besides the Colts are not scoring points.
2. None of the AFC South defenses are looking strong this season.
3. None of the AFC South QB (besides Luck) are playing well.
4. The other three teams are facing buzz-saw schedules over the next four - five weeks while the Colts had their tough part of the schedule early.

I know we sit at 2 - 5 right now (hopefully 3-5 going into the bye week) but the division is up for grabs.

And our division mates are vulnerable. If we can play anywhere as well going forward as we did against BUF (and hopefully OAK), then we have a pretty solid shot at winning divisional games.

Anyway, pretty good article.

Walk Worthy,
The Colts have 5 of 6 division games left. Win those, and 2 more, and this could be a surprise playoff team.
Old 10-25-2018, 11:27 AM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Jags at 9 wins. They'll be just good enough with their defense and getting back to a power running game with Hyde and Fornette coming back soon.
Old 10-25-2018, 11:59 AM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

The Texans have stolen a few games while playing poorly. If O'Brien stops trying to force Watson to be a drop back passer they could jump back to the team that overwhelmed defenses with points last season. While I think the Colts have a surprisingly good shot at winning the South I dont' think we should be considered favorites at all.
Old 10-25-2018, 12:03 PM
Accidental Administrator

Indianapolis Colts at 8-8.

Yes, the Jaguars beat the Patriots, but other than that they have only beaten the Giants and Jets.

The colts simply cannot lose a divisional game.

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
Old 10-25-2018, 02:46 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,247 Times in 1,998 Posts

o

I believe that the Colts will either win the division, or lose it because of the loss (instead of a tie) against the Texans in the 4th game of the season.

If they beat the Raiders and the Jaguars in their next 2 contests, then back-to-back home games against the Titans and the Dolphins will be huge. I think that they need to (at a minimum) win at least 3 out of their next 4 games to keep themselves in reasonable striking distance of winning the division ........ starting the season at 1-5 will put that kind of pressure on a team, even when playing in a mediocre division such as the AFC South.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 10-25-2018, 07:42 PM

Currently, it looks like the Texans. Watson, and that D could eke out a division win. Watt and Clowney are wrecking the D line and Watson scrambles and throws up prayers to Hopkins, who can catch anything.
On the flip side, Bortles is looking like shit and that Jax D isn't as opportunistic or dominant as last year. Also, Mariota continues to underwhelm and that team is a 3-4 mess.
I don't think the Colts have a chance of winning the division this season, bar a late season run, but that's ok. If the young guys keep developing and Ballard has another good draft we should be front runners for the division next year.
Old 10-25-2018, 07:55 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

We have a shot, but the injuries bother me. I'm thinking Houston will win it, but it's not a strong conviction by any means.
Old 10-29-2018, 10:24 AM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
The Texans have stolen a few games while playing poorly. If O'Brien stops trying to force Watson to be a drop back passer they could jump back to the team that overwhelmed defenses with points last season. While I think the Colts have a surprisingly good shot at winning the South I dont' think we should be considered favorites at all.
Watson threw 5 TDs yesterday. The Texans are starting to roll and have a head start. We could win the division but it won't be easy.
The Following User Says Thank You to FatDT For This Useful Post:
sherck (10-29-2018)
Old 10-29-2018, 12:54 PM

I looked at the Texans remaining schedule and based on that, I think they will win it, likely get to at least 9 wins.

Broncos
Redskins
Titans
Browns
Colts
Jets
Jaguars
Eagles

If they go even 4-4 with that fairly easy schedule they are at nine wins

Colts would have to win 6 of 8 to 9 wins, a tall order for a team currently 3-5 and with a suspect D.