ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-25-2021, 07:39 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
I wanted Stafford last yr before they signed Rivers. I may be the only one on this site but I loved the Rivers signing. Hated that dude for 16 yrs but getting to know him through listening to the players and team and his own comments. I can see why the Charger fans loved him

Go get Stafford Chis!!!!

I agreed with you Puck, I liked the rivers signing as it made sense at the time. Also being in socal i got to see rivers a lot and didn’t have the hate others did. I got the sense people hated him because of the trash talking, but he always seemed good natured about it.

They do need to address QB long term so whoever it is, I hope its sustained success. I dont want to bounce year to year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to rcubed For This Useful Post:
Puck (01-25-2021)
Old 01-25-2021, 09:22 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,610 Times in 2,021 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
Tons of negative comments to that article.
People don't want to give up draft picks, especially with big holes to fill.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
apballin (01-25-2021)
Old 01-25-2021, 10:02 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
People don't want to give up draft picks, especially with big holes to fill.
NOT PICKING AT YOU CHROME

Good Lord. People ..... (even on this site which I think has the most knowledgeable colts fans for the most part)..... thought that Bucker was a bad idea when we "needed" a QB.

We were a couple of plays/decisions from being 13-3 winning the South and being the 2 seed by trading for Buckner and signing Rivers along with a great draft.

The people that want Eason either cannot understand that the coaches see these players every freakin day or think they know more!!!!!

Remember the outrage when Quincy Wilson wasn't starting/playing? Pags was 100% right. the kid was a BAD player. How about Dione Cain? Holy shit everyone wanted him to be the next TY. He sucked and still does. Again coaches were right! How about Mike Hart? How about the little receiver that played agains third stringers in preseason? (don't remember his name) He was gonna be an all star.

Guys.... have faith in the coaches. Whether you all like it or not they know WAY more than us.

I'd love Eason to be the man. Hell I was on the bandwagon as soon as Dam showed some videos. Kid has some talent, just must not translate to the NFL yet. I'd rather have him sit and learn more before ruining the kid by rushing him along.

NFL teams have a very little time window to make the run. We are there NOW cannot waste time HOPING that a 4th round pick can get us there. Look at last yrs draft. Burrow, Tua, Herbert and Love. Hell I'll throw in Hurts. Do any of you think that they would have faired better than Rivers? I'm including Burrow in that question. I say no

Adding Stafford would give us a shot (like it did with Rivers) at winning it all. That doesn't come along very often. Rebuild after they give it everything they have now!!

Go get it while you can

Do something BALLARD!!!!
Chaka (01-26-2021), Chromeburn (01-26-2021), Dam8610 (01-26-2021), Dewey 5 (01-25-2021), smitty46953 (01-26-2021), Spike (01-25-2021)
Old 01-25-2021, 11:03 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

Deon. Fucking. Cain.

Nuf said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to rcubed For This Useful Post:
Puck (01-26-2021)
Old 01-26-2021, 10:19 AM
Administrator

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,038 Posts

Quote:

Good Lord. People ..... (even on this site which I think has the most knowledgeable colts fans for the most part)..... thought that Bucker was a bad idea when we "needed" a QB.

We were a couple of plays/decisions from being 13-3 winning the South and being the 2 seed by trading for Buckner and signing Rivers along with a great draft.

The people that want Eason either cannot understand that the coaches see these players every freakin day or think they know more!!!!!

Remember the outrage when Quincy Wilson wasn't starting/playing? Pags was 100% right. the kid was a BAD player. How about Dione Cain? Holy shit everyone wanted him to be the next TY. He sucked and still does. Again coaches were right! How about Mike Hart? How about the little receiver that played agains third stringers in preseason? (don't remember his name) He was gonna be an all star.

Guys.... have faith in the coaches. Whether you all like it or not they know WAY more than us.

I'd love Eason to be the man. Hell I was on the bandwagon as soon as Dam showed some videos. Kid has some talent, just must not translate to the NFL yet. I'd rather have him sit and learn more before ruining the kid by rushing him along.

NFL teams have a very little time window to make the run. We are there NOW cannot waste time HOPING that a 4th round pick can get us there. Look at last yrs draft. Burrow, Tua, Herbert and Love. Hell I'll throw in Hurts. Do any of you think that they would have faired better than Rivers? I'm including Burrow in that question. I say no

Adding Stafford would give us a shot (like it did with Rivers) at winning it all. That doesn't come along very often. Rebuild after they give it everything they have now!!

Go get it while you can

Do something BALLARD!!!!
Spot on !!!
Puck (01-26-2021)
Old 01-26-2021, 10:36 AM

Quote:

Go get it while you can

Do something BALLARD!!!!
Amen brother! I don't get these people who want to place an inexperienced QB at the head of this offense. The Colts have a championship caliber supporting cast already - they don't have the time to provide on-the-job training to a new QB.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chaka For This Useful Post:
Puck (01-26-2021), Racehorse (01-26-2021)
Old 01-26-2021, 11:14 AM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,134 Times in 642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
Amen brother! I don't get these people who want to place an inexperienced QB at the head of this offense. The Colts have a championship caliber supporting cast already - they don't have the time to provide on-the-job training to a new QB.
On the job training surrounded by elite talent because of the financial freedom a young qb brings. He’d have to do less to win as opposed to the vet qb digging into the salary making the roster weaker
Old 01-26-2021, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
On the job training surrounded by elite talent because of the financial freedom a young qb brings. He’d have to do less to win as opposed to the vet qb digging into the salary making the roster weaker
I get what you are saying, but history hasn't been kind to first year QBs, particularly those who were not drafted at the very top of the first round.

Mahomes, Jackson, Rodgers and many, many others needed at least a year of backup duty before they were ready to take over the reins. As far as Eason is concerned, it would be great if he was ready, but we're not hearing that from anyone at this point and he's had no in-game experience whatsoever to this point. Now, Ballard's Colts are notoriously tight-lipped, so that doesn't necessary mean anything, but he is relatively straightforward when he provides updates and I haven't heard him say anything to suggest that Eason will be the guy next year.
Old 01-26-2021, 01:12 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,608 Times in 934 Posts

Quote:

Go get it while you can

Do something BALLARD!!!!
This is exactly how I hope the Colts are thinking. Acquiring Stafford would give the Colts a Top 10-12 QB at Teddy Bridgewater money (current deal is 2/$43 if traded to Indy). I already laid out the deal that I think gets it done: Stafford for the Colts 2021 1st round pick and a 2022 2nd round pick with an escalator clause that turns it into a 2022 1st round pick if Stafford is First Team All-Pro or the Colts reach the Super Bowl in 2021. Maybe on the latter clause I could be negotiated down to AFCCG, but that would make the intent very clear: this is a team playing for and ready to compete for a championship. You then go sign Trent Williams as a stopgap at LT and I think we're looking at a Colts team that can compete with Kansas City, and a much worse Colts team beat them just last year. I agree, now is the time to pull the trigger. Hopefully Ballard does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
You do realize Stafford's deal is about as team friendly as it gets for an elite QB, right? He'd have a cap hit of $14 million in 2021 were he traded here. The Colts could actually shop for free agent upgrades if they traded for Stafford. Trent Williams and Yannick Ngakoue would look good in Colts blue alongside Stafford.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
apballin (01-26-2021), Dewey 5 (01-26-2021), Puck (01-26-2021), Racehorse (01-26-2021), Spike (01-26-2021)
Old 01-26-2021, 02:28 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,610 Times in 2,021 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
This is exactly how I hope the Colts are thinking. Acquiring Stafford would give the Colts a Top 10-12 QB at Teddy Bridgewater money (current deal is 2/$43 if traded to Indy). I already laid out the deal that I think gets it done: Stafford for the Colts 2021 1st round pick and a 2022 2nd round pick with an escalator clause that turns it into a 2022 1st round pick if Stafford is First Team All-Pro or the Colts reach the Super Bowl in 2021. Maybe on the latter clause I could be negotiated down to AFCCG, but that would make the intent very clear: this is a team playing for and ready to compete for a championship. You then go sign Trent Williams as a stopgap at LT and I think we're looking at a Colts team that can compete with Kansas City, and a much worse Colts team beat them just last year. I agree, now is the time to pull the trigger. Hopefully Ballard does.

You do realize Stafford's deal is about as team friendly as it gets for an elite QB, right? He'd have a cap hit of $14 million in 2021 were he traded here. The Colts could actually shop for free agent upgrades if they traded for Stafford. Trent Williams and Yannick Ngakoue would look good in Colts blue alongside Stafford.
We need a vet WR in there too probably. Along with hopefully another good drafted WR.