ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 04-30-2018, 04:14 PM

Default This is the reason why you can't pay attention to draft grades....

Walter Football, who gave the Colts a C plus questioned the Colts choice of Braden Smith based on the fact that the team already had 3 QUALITY GUARDS on the roster.

Rarely have I seen such a display of stupidity. If I assume that one of those quality players is Nelson, that means that the guys at Walter have identified Jack Mewhort and Matt Slauson as viable candidates to man the interior of the Colts OL.

That ignores two facts. Fact A is that Slauson is a 32 year old who's only signed for a single year. Fact B is that Jack Mewhort seems constitutionally unable to remain on the field for more than a few games at a time.

Nelson and Smith's presence on the field will nip the inside blitz in the bud, and allow the team to establish a dominant run game.

I have reservations about the final two picks in the 2nd round...I thought they were both reaches for need. But, there was plenty to like about this draft, and no one in their right mind could grade it anything less than a B.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kray007 For This Useful Post:
Indiana V2 (04-30-2018), Oldcolt (05-01-2018)
Old 04-30-2018, 04:35 PM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

So you tell us not to pay attention to draft grades, then your post does exactly the opposite.
The Following User Says Thank You to Maniac For This Useful Post:
Indiana V2 (04-30-2018)
Old 05-01-2018, 02:57 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

I saw that. Both those guys are on 1 year deals. Sometimes these services don't know the teams very well. Draft grades after a draft are kind of pointless. No one knows how these guys will turn out. Usually any where from a 1/5th to 1/3 of the coaches any given year are fired and in comes new guys, scheme, players. They try to estimate value, but I just listened to a bunch of guys debate the Lions Raganow pick and thought it might have been too early, then like ten seconds later they say the Bengals would have taken him a few spots later and another team was looking at him after the Bengals, so basically his draft value was in that spot.