ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 04-23-2018, 09:07 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

Bears are not trading up two spots to get a guard
Old 04-23-2018, 09:16 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,595 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
You still dont understand that the ONE thing. THE MOST IMPORTANT thing that will make the biggest impact is Luck being on the field and not getting sacked hit and injured yr after yr,

We can win without Chubb or the best safety duo in the NFL or the best MLB... we aren't winning without Luck
I guess I just have more confidence in the coaching staff's offensive design than you do. If Reich can't design an offense that doesn't need 3 first round picks and a 2nd round pick (or possibly two) along the OL to be effective at getting the ball out quickly and protecting Luck, both of which are among Reich's stated goals, the Colts are going to have problems going forward no matter who is picked at 6 overall (or possibly later). Meanwhile, the Colts have probably the worst defensive talent in the league, and desperately need to improve their talent there. 4 top 50 picks would do just that.
Old 04-23-2018, 09:19 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,595 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
Bears are not trading up two spots to get a guard
As long as they wouldn't be taking the player I wanted to draft, I'd make the trade provided Chubb is off the board. But that poses the question: if Nelson isn't worth trading up for, why is he worth drafting at 6?
Old 04-23-2018, 11:49 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
As long as they wouldn't be taking the player I wanted to draft, I'd make the trade provided Chubb is off the board. But that poses the question: if Nelson isn't worth trading up for, why is he worth drafting at 6?
He's not imo. I don't think Chi gives up picks to move up two spots for him. Wait and see if he falls to 8.

If Ballard were to take nelson at 6 I hope he solidifies an OL spot for a decade. But I would rather he take a difference maker on D.
Old 04-23-2018, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
If Chubb is off the board, I wouldn't be upset with Nelson as the pick. It's absolutely defensible--just not the route I would go.
that's sorta where I am too; if Chubb's gone I could live with Nelson (or maybe Smith or Edmunds, for that matter) at 6. Even Barkley, if he somehow dropped that far, although I fear he might struggle behind the Colts OL.

I still feel some may be over-valuing the 6th position (and some of the QBs) in this draft. I expect the most Ballard might be able to get for it would be something like what I mentioned earlier--#12, #53 or #56, and maybe #65.

Not that those picks would make it a "bad" trade for Indy--I'd definitely give it consideration if I were Ballard. I think a lot of scouts feel that this year's 2nd round compares more favorably to previous 2nd rounds than this year's 1st round compares to previous 1st rounds.

So there should still be quality OLs, RBs and CBs in Round Two, maybe even Round Three. Which is why I wouldn't be upset if Ballard did make a trade like the one above with Buffalo--still get a core player at #12, and overall have 7 of the first 67 picks.
Old 04-24-2018, 07:50 AM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
I guess I just have more confidence in the coaching staff's offensive design than you do. If Reich can't design an offense that doesn't need 3 first round picks and a 2nd round pick (or possibly two) along the OL to be effective at getting the ball out quickly and protecting Luck, both of which are among Reich's stated goals, the Colts are going to have problems going forward no matter who is picked at 6 overall (or possibly later). Meanwhile, the Colts have probably the worst defensive talent in the league, and desperately need to improve their talent there. 4 top 50 picks would do just that.

You were also confident in Pagshit too... so no one is taking much value in this line of thought.

Although you are right no one can be as dumb as Pagano/Chud were
Racehorse (04-24-2018)
Old 04-24-2018, 09:13 AM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
I didn't say anything about being an alcoholic....

Maybe I should have said Ryan Leaf ......

https://www.foxsports.com/san-diego/video/1217403971834
Once again, you compared Mayfield to someone with drug and alcohol abuse problems.

When you paint with a broad brush, there's collateral damage. Thus, avoid over-generalizations when trying to evaluate any situation.
Old 04-24-2018, 09:13 AM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Shefty says that Mayfield is still in consideration for the Browns at #1.

Quote:
Just to add a bit more murkiness to top of draft: one NFL executive said this morning that Baker Mayfield is “definitely” in Cleveland’s conversation to become the No. 1 overall pick.
Old 04-24-2018, 09:34 AM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

No way the Browns don't know who they're picking. Just more BS.
Old 04-24-2018, 09:41 AM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
Once again, you compared Mayfield to someone with drug and alcohol abuse problems.

When you paint with a broad brush, there's collateral damage. Thus, avoid over-generalizations when trying to evaluate any situation.

I guess you didnt listen to Leaf... HE COMPARED him to himself