ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 03-07-2017, 07:44 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
The Houston Chronicle reports six teams are "extremely competitive" for free agent CB A.J. Bouye.
Per reporter Aaron Wilson, the Texans, Titans, Jaguars, Colts, 49ers and Browns are duking it out for Bouye's services, and every team's offer is for at least $12 million per season. Bouye has also been linked to the Bucs and Bears. With that many clubs fighting, Bouye could push that number all the way to $14-$15 million. Wilson reports the Eagles are "not a serious player," but that Houston very much wants to keep its young corner.

He is going to be EXPENSIVE.

I guess we'll see if Ballard was just blowing smoke on being modest in free agency and "not buying a locker room".
Good. I hope they make the texicans over pay for him
Old 03-07-2017, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Another player that the team is reportedly interested in is Packers outside linebacker Nick Perry. According to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel’s Tom Silverstein, the Colts “appeared to be very interested” in Perry last week at the NFL Scouting Combine.
http://www.stampedeblue.com/2017/3/7...ee-agency-2017

I'll happily take him. Sign him up, Ballard!
Old 03-07-2017, 09:47 PM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts

Quote:
http://www.stampedeblue.com/2017/3/7...ee-agency-2017

I'll happily take him. Sign him up, Ballard!
at what price?

i guess it shouldn't matter all that much since we have to get help there but i dont see him as a great player at all
Old 03-08-2017, 07:23 AM

I agree he is just a name, who has performed ok for a poor defense....is he an upgrade over what we have had?....probably.....is he a cornerstone to build our defense around?.....certainly not in my opinion.
Old 03-08-2017, 08:04 AM

@JasonColeBR
Market for #Chiefs DT Dontari Poe might not be as good as hoped. Might do 1-yr deal w/ team that allows him to rush more, hit market in '18

I'd happily take him on those terms.
Old 03-08-2017, 08:43 AM

Thanked 1,189 Times in 523 Posts

I hope we sign one of the many OGs that are on the market (Kevin Zeither, T.J. Lang, Andrew Norwell, Larry Warford, Ronald Leary, Austin Pasztor, John Jerry) for RG, push Clark/Haeg into battle for RT and have O-Line depth of: loser at RT, Good, Blythe, Fahn Cooper and one more body.

I hope we push for NT Brandon Williams, BAL in free agency (since he will not cost $10m per year like Poe) and then draft NT Deangelo Brown from Louisville with our 5th round pick.

I hope we sign DE Chris Baker, WAS in free agency to add to a position group of Henry Anderson, Kendall Langford, Hassan Ridgeway, T.Y. McGill and perhaps Arthur Jones if he is not cut after signing Baker.

I hope we sign a LB in free agency because we HAVE to add a talented veteran presence to a position group that will otherwise be rookies (Bazzie and draftees), 2nd year players (Morrison, King, Rhodes), 3rd year players (Edwin Jackson, Mount) or career backups (Akeem Ayers, Chris Carter). At OLB, there only remains: Nick Perry, Jabaal Sheard, John Simon or Jarvis Jones. At ILB, there are more choices: Dont'a Hightower, Zach Brown, Gerald Hodges, Korey Toomer, Kevin Minter, Todd Davis, and Sean Smith.

I hope we sign one of the seemingly dozens of quality CBs that appear to be heading to the market as CB2 or trade our 2nd round draft pick for currently franchise tagged Trumaine Johnson, LAR.

Sign one of the 2nd tier RBs (Turbin) to back up Gore for one more year.

That then leaves our top five picks (perhaps less a 2nd rounder for Johnson) to pick defensive BPA with the caveat that at least 2 of our top five picks need to be OLB pass rushers.

Draft a Punter with our 6th round pick and call it a day.

Cheers,
Old 03-08-2017, 08:44 AM

Thanked 1,189 Times in 523 Posts

Quote:
@JasonColeBR
Market for #Chiefs DT Dontari Poe might not be as good as hoped. Might do 1-yr deal w/ team that allows him to rush more, hit market in '18

I'd happily take him on those terms.
Okay, perhaps Poe would not cost us $10m a year based on this.

But, honestly, I still like Brandon Williams better.

Cheers,
Old 03-08-2017, 09:27 AM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post

Cheers,
Damon Harrison got 5/$46. Williams will get more. I expect him to get $10 mil/year. Which is a lot for a run stuffer. Ballard knows better than most what is going on with Poe so I trust him to make a smart decision there.
Old 03-08-2017, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post

Cheers,
Interesting that one is a now likely to be former Chief and one is a now likely to be former Raven.

Wonder if there will be a tug-o-war between Pagano/Ballard on this? I wonder if Ballard will have the same fetish for ex-Chiefs that Grigson had for Eagles and Pagano for Ravens?

I think that Brandon Williams is probably the better player too, but I'll take whichever one we can get.
Old 03-08-2017, 10:49 AM

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports free agent NT Dontari Poe is a "top target" for the Redskins.
Bracing to lose versatile DE Chris Baker as a free agent, the Redskins have made it known fixing their defensive line is a priority. They have plenty of bodies up front but not much talent. Poe might be a bit overrated, but he's a massive human at 6'3/346 and capable of clogging lanes against the run. Washington was torched by the run last season, finishing 25th in run-defense DVOA.
Related: Redskins
Source: Jason La Canfora on Twitter Mar 8 - 9:23 AM

If this is true, we're not getting him. You don't win bidding wars against the Redskins. And Chris Ballard really doesn't strike me as the guy brought in to outbid Daniel Snyder.