ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 11-11-2019, 11:48 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quite frankly, the Colts at 5-4, given the circumstances of the late preseason and regular season to this point in time, are punching above their weight. This is just another year of a now delayed rebuild. We should adjust our expectations accordingly. I know I have
Old 11-11-2019, 11:51 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Actually, I haven't adjusted. I predicted 5 wins for the season after Luck quit. And here we are.
Old 11-12-2019, 11:21 AM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

I'm getting old.

I read through this entire thread, and that's when I remembered Bill Murray in Ghostbusters.

Quote:
Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria
Hoyer is a backup. He's not going to play like anything other than what he is. The INTS just killed the Colts. And the Colts had way too many drops to help him out.

Ebron needs to shut up and produce. That miss TD is on him. Not getting passed the sticks, is ridiculous. I'm a fat old man and I know about it.

Too many second string receivers.

The D wasn't bad. But it's young. And the kids are making plays. But they are not getting to the QB often enough if the O isn't going to play well.

Special teams hasn't been very special. And not just Vinnie. Bad snaps, bad coverage, bad holds, and bad misses. They can turn it around, but cutting Vinnie now without anyone close to being a reliable FG/XP kicker is going to be hard. It's probably going to wait until next year.
The Following User Says Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (11-12-2019)
Old 11-12-2019, 12:44 PM

Thanked 4,362 Times in 2,509 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
I'm getting old.

I read through this entire thread, and that's when I remembered Bill Murray in Ghostbusters.

Hoyer is a backup. He's not going to play like anything other than what he is. The INTS just killed the Colts. And the Colts had way too many drops to help him out.

Ebron needs to shut up and produce. That miss TD is on him. Not getting passed the sticks, is ridiculous. I'm a fat old man and I know about it.

The D wasn't bad. But it's young. And the kids are making plays. But they are not getting to the QB often enough if the O isn't going to play well.

Special teams hasn't been very special. And not just Vinnie. Bad snaps, bad coverage, bad holds, and bad misses. They can turn it around, but cutting Vinnie now without anyone close to being a reliable FG/XP kicker is going to be hard. It's probably going to wait until next year.
That's pretty much where I am. I think one more good off-season, and we will be one of the toughest teams to beat in this league.
Old 11-12-2019, 12:52 PM

Thanked 1,238 Times in 694 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate505 View Post
I really like Reich as a coach and am still a massive supporter.

That said this was by far his worst game ever, and the fact he might be the type who stubbornly clings on to better worries me a bit.
I like Reich and will support him moving forward but the guy isn’t infallible and clearly has some shortcomings that require improvement. I don’t like any talk of giving up on the season. Defeatist attitude is a bitter reminder of previous regimes. Time to right the ship and exercise better judgement moving forward. Injuries, retirement, and lack of discipline all share blame but the buck stops with Reich and Ballard. All is not lost but there is no margin for error moving forward. Now they just need to coach and play accordingly.
Old 11-12-2019, 06:28 PM

Thanked 2,568 Times in 1,147 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorgrim View Post
3. Why do you allow your personal feelings to get in the way of bringing in some kickers to compete with AV rather than letting him continue to cost us wins?

Ballard brought in four free agent kickers today. Two of the kickers (Elliott Fry and Greg Joseph) had also participated in the prior workout earlier in the season.

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/statu...76782373412872

Quote:
With Adam Vinatieri's recent struggles, the Colts worked out kickers Elliot Fry, Greg Joseph, Mike Nugent and Nick Rose.
Old 11-12-2019, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy View Post
Ballard brought in four free agent kickers today. Two of the kickers (Elliott Fry and Greg Joseph) had also participated in the prior workout earlier in the season.

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/statu...76782373412872
The Korean kicker they brought in back when they talked AV out of retirement looks decent on the Falcons now. Plenty of options, but excuses for why they don't pull the trigger and saying "well he was unproven and would be on another team if he were NFL-caliber" is all we get.
Old 11-13-2019, 10:43 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
I'm getting old.

Ebron going to the coach is no different than you going to your boss with a problem. Unless your boss tells you to shut up and do your work also.

That Ebron TD should have been called a TD. Another ref fuck up. Ebron does need to catch a couple of those other balls, some were bad throws though.

Hoyer should have been given snaps in practice, might have helped some.

Defense did it's job and nice to see Leonard back.

Hoyer should not have thrown to Ebron on that last down into double coverage. He might make it if single covered. However should not have gone for the endzone on 2nd and 3rd the two previous plays. We had plenty of time left.

We are not good enough to overcome injuries like we have. Especially TY.
Old 11-17-2019, 05:02 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,248 Times in 1,999 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Classic View Post

So "next man up" and talk of how solid the roster is 1 to 53 is just Week 1 chatter, without any real meaning? Sure, on a weekly basis I don't expect Moe-Allie to be a world-beater, but he can't beat coverage against lower tier competition? No play-action down the seam against a heavy run defense? No short drag routes with the RB's who are always hyped as being quasi-WR's? No gadget plays if it really looks like there's positively nothing working? I'd prefer they all call in sick next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

Yesterday, I said that I believed that this was indeed a solid team overall, and that the notion that the Colts are a bad team that just happens to have a solid record of 5-3 (now 5-4) is/was reactionary ........, the Colts were on their 3rd choice of quarterbacks for 2019 in yesterday's game ........ Andrew Luck retired just prior to the start of the season, and Jacoby Brissett went down with an injury last week.

Hoyer was indeed awful yesterday, but again, he WAS the team's 3rd choice of QB for this season ........ additionally, Hoyer WAS NOT so awful last week against the Steelers. There was reason to think that he could have the kind of game that he had against the Dolphins that he had against the Steelers, and if he had, the Colts would have won yesterday's game by more than 7 points.

I think that this team has been somewhat reminiscent of the 2010 "Next Man Up" team, who went 10-6 and won the division title in spite of a myriad of injuries to key players.

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/re...Teams/2010-ind

5-4 overall is relatively disappointing considering the heartbreaking losses that the Colts sustained in their last 2 games ........ but if somebody had stated that the Colts would be 5-2 after 7 games 5 minutes after Andrew Luck had announced his retirement on August 24th, most Colts fans would be rather shocked (shocked in a good way.)

Let it play out, stop the nonsensical talk of intentionally losing every game from here on out to bolster the position of the team's 2020 draft pick, and let Reich and company do what they have been doing since he came on board prior to the start of the 2018 season ........ fight like crazy to win each and every game, regardless of how good or bad the opponent is. Hardly anybody expected the Colts to lose at home to the Dolphins yesterday, but hardly anybody expected them to put the clamps on Patrick Mahomes and company on their homefield in western Missouri last month, either.

o
o

The Colts have the same record as that 2010 team had after 10 games (6-4.)

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/re...Teams/2010-ind

Today, 2 key players went down with an injury during the game ........ Marlon Mack on offense, and Rock Ya-Sin on defense.

Jonathan Williams did very well at running back after Mack hurt his hand, and the defense overall continued to play well after Ya-Sin hurt his ankle ........ next man up.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 11-17-2019, 05:07 PM

Thanked 4,362 Times in 2,509 Posts

I'd say he answered for it quite well.
Maniac (11-18-2019), Spike (11-17-2019)