ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 02-14-2018, 10:11 PM
1965southpaw's Avatar
1965southpaw 1965southpaw is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Central Jersey
Posts: 618
Thanks: 260
Thanked 469 Times in 218 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
Two things: So we didn't already see the "Indy Special" on October 18 2015?
Did you record that?


The interview or the orgasm? Lol. The interview should be available on The Fan podcast. The orgasm was not recorded.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 1965southpaw For This Useful Post:
Puck (02-16-2018)
  #22  
Old 02-15-2018, 10:54 AM
HoosierinFL's Avatar
HoosierinFL HoosierinFL is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,182
Thanks: 74
Thanked 263 Times in 130 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965southpaw View Post
This makes me happy. This is exactly what Venturi has been ranting about for the last year....that our coloring book offense doesn't use stacks, bunches, motion to design TY and others into good, creative plays.......I had a chance to hear Big Joe interview Reich today (they are teammates from Buffalo and they had a really open chemistry....I'm going to like hearing more of Big Joe and Reich interviews) and there were a couple of things I took away
And ultimately this is why I'm less worried about the offensive line. Yes, we've had some talent problems, but for the last 2 years I've felt that this group is capable of being better than they show on game day, and mostly that is because there is no creativity in the offense which allows teams to play man on our receivers, with safety help, while they blitz on a majority of downs.
This results in WRs taking forever to get open, games in which TY or Moncrief just disappear, and QBs taking a beating.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-15-2018, 12:30 PM
1965southpaw's Avatar
1965southpaw 1965southpaw is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Central Jersey
Posts: 618
Thanks: 260
Thanked 469 Times in 218 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post
And ultimately this is why I'm less worried about the offensive line. Yes, we've had some talent problems, but for the last 2 years I've felt that this group is capable of being better than they show on game day, and mostly that is because there is no creativity in the offense which allows teams to play man on our receivers, with safety help, while they blitz on a majority of downs.
This results in WRs taking forever to get open, games in which TY or Moncrief just disappear, and QBs taking a beating.

I agree a thousand percent. Although I'd like to see them add at least one playmaker to shore up the right side of the line.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-15-2018, 07:14 PM
YDFL Commish YDFL Commish is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Mt. Pleasant Wisconsin
Posts: 1,162
Thanks: 479
Thanked 399 Times in 215 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965southpaw View Post
I agree a thousand percent. Although I'd like to see them add at least one playmaker to shore up the right side of the line.
I agree, although I hesitate t call OL playmakers. G-T-G-T-G-T-G-T? I'm always going back and forth on this.

But currently we not only don't have a LG, but we don't have a RG. VJ sucks, Haeg is ok at RG. Good is a RT (maybe not a good one, but that is his best spot). Clark, who the fuck knows?

To me we gotta get one solid G in here, and then see what we got. And I'm totally against re-signing Mewhort. Hell, he may never play again, if he can't get his knees right. Plus he has Grigson stench on him.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-15-2018, 08:19 PM
ChoppedWood ChoppedWood is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 283
Thanks: 174
Thanked 101 Times in 64 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
This is coaching folks. It's what we can look forward to. It's something we would have never seen from the previous, sorry ass regime.

Sorry Dam, COACHING DOES FUKN MATTER!


https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/02/11/ea...mqb-peter-king
Reich was very high on my list, much higher than McFuckoffeatadickaniels. Very happy we have this dude in the fold and I think we just took a giant step forward, I think this team will grow rapidly with him manning the ship.

Very happy about how this turned out.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 02-16-2018, 10:43 AM
1965southpaw's Avatar
1965southpaw 1965southpaw is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Central Jersey
Posts: 618
Thanks: 260
Thanked 469 Times in 218 Posts
Default

https://sports.yahoo.com/andrew-luck...005205018.html

I know all the best offenses that Ive been a part of in my career weve not been static and weve attacked. And Im sure hell have a great flavor and well involve as many people as we can, and attacking defenses is what its all about.

Let me decode this for you.....he's saying running Gore up the middle on every freaking first and second down is unimaginative and not that tough to defend and is singularly the reason why ive had a lacerated kidney and my right shoulder shredded trying to save the fucking drive on 3rd down when that brilliant design didn't work. I'm a fucking Stanford grad and finally we will have something better than a coloring book offense that any 5 year old could run. Halle-fucking-lujah!!
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 1965southpaw For This Useful Post:
Butter (02-16-2018), ChoppedWood (02-18-2018), Dewey 5 (02-16-2018), DrSpaceman (02-16-2018), Racehorse (02-16-2018)
  #27  
Old 02-16-2018, 10:53 AM
DrSpaceman DrSpaceman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,915
Thanks: 114
Thanked 303 Times in 154 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965southpaw View Post
https://sports.yahoo.com/andrew-luck...005205018.html

I know all the best offenses that Ive been a part of in my career weve not been static and weve attacked. And Im sure hell have a great flavor and well involve as many people as we can, and attacking defenses is what its all about.

Let me decode this for you.....he's saying running Gore up the middle on every freaking first and second down is unimaginative and not that tough to defend and is singularly the reason why ive had a lacerated kidney and my right shoulder shredded trying to save the fucking drive on 3rd down when that brilliant design didn't work. I'm a fucking Stanford grad and finally we will have something better than a coloring book offense that any 5 year old could run. Halle-fucking-lujah!!
Yes to all of that

And maybe you consider throwing your screen passes to the younger and faster back in Mack rather than the older and slower back in Gore, for many reasons.

And perhaps use your WRs with speed like TY and Rogers on more end arounds or outside running plays.

And FIND a way to get your playmakers like TY the ball so they can make plays rather than just writing them out of the gameplan once the D finds a way to shut them down in the first half.

Maybe find a way to actually run a WR screen that works, like every other decent passing offense in the league seems to be able to do
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrSpaceman For This Useful Post:
1965southpaw (02-16-2018), YDFL Commish (02-16-2018)
  #28  
Old 02-16-2018, 11:35 AM
VeveJones007 VeveJones007 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,922
Thanks: 523
Thanked 383 Times in 219 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post
And ultimately this is why I'm less worried about the offensive line. Yes, we've had some talent problems, but for the last 2 years I've felt that this group is capable of being better than they show on game day, and mostly that is because there is no creativity in the offense which allows teams to play man on our receivers, with safety help, while they blitz on a majority of downs.
This results in WRs taking forever to get open, games in which TY or Moncrief just disappear, and QBs taking a beating.
That Eagles offense was led by one of the best lines in football. If the OL is still crap, Reich's offense will also flounder.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-16-2018, 12:32 PM
smitty46953's Avatar
smitty46953 smitty46953 is online now
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 3,053
Thanks: 760
Thanked 573 Times in 329 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
That Eagles offense was led by one of the best lines in football. If the OL is still crap, Reich's offense will also flounder.
Yep
__________________
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience !!!
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-16-2018, 03:59 PM
HoosierinFL's Avatar
HoosierinFL HoosierinFL is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,182
Thanks: 74
Thanked 263 Times in 130 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
That Eagles offense was led by one of the best lines in football. If the OL is still crap, Reich's offense will also flounder.
true but kinda missing the point that a smart and creative offensive scheme, the RPOs and other mis-directions that keep the defense off balance, can make an offensive line look really good. Meanwhile a predictable coloring book offense can make an offensive line look really bad.
So the question remains - is the talent on the Eagles O-line really that much better than ours? Or are they benefiting from smart play design while ours is suffering behind stupidity and predictability?
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HoosierinFL For This Useful Post:
1965southpaw (02-16-2018), JesusChrist (02-16-2018), Racehorse (02-16-2018)
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.