ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-22-2017, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indycolts2 View Post
McCaffrey........only to see Omaha's head implode!!
I would scream at my TV for minutes on end, and complain ceaselessly to everyone I know including my mother who knows nothing about football.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to natagu23 For This Useful Post:
Coltsalr (04-22-2017), indycolts2 (04-22-2017), sherck (04-22-2017), Spike (04-22-2017)
Old 04-22-2017, 08:34 AM

Malik Hooker. He'll be gone before 15, but if not? If Mixon is still there in round 2, I'd take him, but not in Round 1.
Old 04-22-2017, 09:30 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,677 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
Joe Mixon...end of story.

Foster scares me. Bad shoulders, Bad brain and bad attitude. I can see him being out of football in 5 years...ala Bob Sanders.
The only thing about Foster is that shoulder that might scare me off. Bad attitude, I think losing his patience was bad but not the worst and it happens. Bad brain, I think he is smart just maybe not book smart. Saban has a complicated playbook and he mastered it, he never seemed to have any hesitatation when it came to responsibilities. Just not every guy can do X's and O's on a chalkboard in an interview setting. But when on the field I think he is very competent.

Mixon losing control worries me. You have to cross a threshold in your head to hit a woman like that. At least I do. Even if he is ok, the negative press that will inevitably accompany him will be a headache, especially for a rookie GM. You need to be in the right market to draft Mixon.
Old 04-22-2017, 09:34 AM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
mixon is the only guy i really like. mainly because i think we can get him way later than he should be taken

people love tj watt because he is jj's brother and he is white.
Well those are good blood lines. But TJ has great tape and he is still learning the position. He was all over the field against LSU. I don't see him as a pure EDGE though. More a strong side with the ability to set the edge and also rush the passer. He is perfect in a 3-4.
Old 04-22-2017, 09:36 AM
Post whore

Quote:
McCaffrey........only to see Omaha's head implode!!
McCaffrey will be good, but he needs to play in the right system. Surprised the pats traded down, he would be perfect there. He is not a bell call back where he can run it inside for 20 plays a game.
Old 04-22-2017, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
McCaffrey will be good, but he needs to play in the right system. Surprised the pats traded down, he would be perfect there. He is not a bell call back where he can run it inside for 20 plays a game.
I really see the Patriots going after this guy even though there is a team that has "guaranteed" drafting him.

That would kinda suck because he would fit that system perfectly.

I would sh*t my pants a little. Just a little slippage
Old 04-22-2017, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natagu23 View Post
I would scream at my TV for minutes on end, and complain ceaselessly to everyone I know including my mother who knows nothing about football.
I agree.....lol, I think he's going to be good but he would not be helping what the Colts need most which is defense - defense and defense.
Old 04-22-2017, 05:14 PM

I know the Colts are in bad need of defensive improvement, but if they can generate a consistent running game, the offense would stay on the field longer. This too would improve the defense. Within the first 3 rounds, I'd like to see them get a quality running back.
Old 04-22-2017, 07:02 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by natagu23 View Post
I really see the Patriots going after this guy even though there is a team that has "guaranteed" drafting him.

That would kinda suck because he would fit that system perfectly.

I would sh*t my pants a little. Just a little slippage
I think not making the visits was a mistake, a lot can happen in a warroom on draft day. Some guy could fall. He should of gone. I think the Broncos made that promise. But I would also keep an eye on the Jets. They might do some off the wall shit like that.

He would tear it up in that pats system. I had him slotted there till they traded down. He will give secondaries fits for years if he can get a accurate QB to throw to him.
Old 04-22-2017, 07:04 PM
Post whore

Quote:
I agree.....lol, I think he's going to be good but he would not be helping what the Colts need most which is defense - defense and defense.
I don't think we would use him correctly. Not really what we want in a RB.