ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 10-09-2018, 04:01 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
Don’t forget that young athletes often do not stretch seriously during warmups and often do not get warmed up or warm back up after the half.
Yeah I read that about someone. Was it TJ Green? That is shocking to me. All through out my playing we always stretched for 20-30 minutes. Before games, before practice, before workouts. It was mandatory. It is just basic maintenance. I think some of these guys are just such gifted athletes that they can get by till they get to the pros. Then they are out in a couple years and they wonder what they could have done to extend it.

Sometimes vets will help them with this stuff. But a lot of time vets see them as competition and not a ton of help will come from there.

Last edited by Chromeburn; 10-09-2018 at 04:04 PM.
Old 10-09-2018, 06:21 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
We need to upgrade the starting 22. Lol at you guys complaining about depth. No team has depth at the oline. If they do that guy gets snatched up by another team. There is a defiency of quality tackles and oline in general. The only teams drafting for depth are Super Bowl teams. Even then you don’t spend a top 100 pick on depth. You draft starters or try to upgrade starters.
Good post. And we dearly need to upgrade the tackle positions
Old 10-09-2018, 06:43 PM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
We need an upgrade at rt maybe. If Clark can do it then we are set. Can’t rely on Good staying healthy

AC is fine
Old 10-09-2018, 07:49 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
We need an upgrade at rt maybe. If Clark can do it then we are set. Can’t rely on Good staying healthy

AC is fine
While I agree, we haven't seen him play yet this season. Also he has only 1 more year on his contract. It is time to find his potential successor.

If we decide to keep AC beyond next season, then maybe the guy we draft is our RT until AC can't do it anymore.

I'm not advocating that we have to draft a Tackle in the 1st round. But, that we need to seriously consider it in those first 50 picks.
Old 10-09-2018, 08:17 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
I want to see what happens with Smith. And between him, Clark, and Good. Someone should be able to fill it. Also Taylor Lewan is set to become a FA this off season.
Old 10-10-2018, 09:24 AM

Thanked 4,361 Times in 2,508 Posts

Anyone heard anything about our injuries? Anyone coming back to play this weekend?
Old 10-10-2018, 01:23 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post

AC is fine
Depends on how the 1st round shakes out. There are supposedly some good OTs available. If there's a clear BPA OT, I'm absolutely on board. Then hopefully grab a good WR with one of the 2nd rounders.
Old 10-10-2018, 02:51 PM

Thanked 1,647 Times in 790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Yeah I read that about someone. Was it TJ Green? That is shocking to me. All through out my playing we always stretched for 20-30 minutes. Before games, before practice, before workouts. It was mandatory. It is just basic maintenance. I think some of these guys are just such gifted athletes that they can get by till they get to the pros. Then they are out in a couple years and they wonder what they could have done to extend it.

Sometimes vets will help them with this stuff. But a lot of time vets see them as competition and not a ton of help will come from there.
Modern kinesiology is abandoning stretching. The argument is that it doesn't prevent injury, it causes injury. Over-stretching creates micro-tears in the muscle fibers.
Instead muscles should be warmed up by using them in slow controlled movements without strain or resistance. Walking, jogging, stationary bike, squats, squat thrusts, jumping jacks, windmills, heel lifts, lunge. leg swing, push ups, etc.
What is considered dangerous are those stretches where you sit and spread your legs out wide, then lean at the waist and try and touch your toes. Or even standing and touching your toes. This is where hamstring injuries originate.
Old 10-10-2018, 03:39 PM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

I just read Slauson broke 2 vertebrae in his back, nearly paralyzed himself playing through it. Damn.
The Following User Says Thank You to FatDT For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (10-10-2018)
Old 10-10-2018, 03:48 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
I just read Slauson broke 2 vertebrae in his back, nearly paralyzed himself playing through it. Damn.
that's nuts
The Following User Says Thank You to rcubed For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (10-10-2018)