ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-11-2022, 05:32 PM

Thanked 1,664 Times in 795 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate505 View Post
When did the bye week in mid December crap start? It has to be a recent thing right?

I honestly can't comprehend why there are bye weeks in weeks other than Week 8 and Week 9. In one week the AFC should take a week off, and then the NFC should take a week off. Bam, every team gets a bye week and it's all nearly right in the middle of the season. Make it so games are divisional games, just like in week 18 for those weeks. There would still be 8 games so enough that Thursday night, Sunday night, Monday night, and two games a piece for Fox and CBS on Sunday (in reality they would 3/2 games that day).

There was another suggestion I kind of liked as well that someone made, though I can see others having an issue with it. Have an 18 game season, no bye weeks, but a player can play a max of 16 games a season.
If you go back and look at past seasons, the bye weeks are kind of all over the place but generally weeks 4 through 12 was the norm. Starting last season with the 17 game bullshit, they bumped it to weeks 6 through 14.

It's like the same issue in reverse. You wouldn't want your bye week as early as week 4 or 5 like before... and now you don't want it as late as week 13 or 14. Weeks 8, 9, 10, and 11 are probably ideal.

The Colts have had back-to-back week 14 byes.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
nate505 (12-11-2022)