ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 12-17-2017, 11:32 AM

Default Pagano Watch

Ben Volin of the Boston Globe said to expect a "housecleaning" in Indianapolis this offseason.
That includes both the coaching staff and 53-man roster. With Indianapolis set to miss the playoffs for a third consecutive year, Chuck Pagano is likely nearing the end of his Colts tenure. Per Volin, GM Chris Ballard wants to give Chiefs special teams coordinator Dave Toub a head-coaching opportunity, though owner Jim Irsay may be looking for a "sexier" hire. Ballard has also been grilling Jacoby Brissett on Josh McDaniels, who served as Brissett's OC during his time in New England. Either way, it's a near certainty that Pagano will be handed his walking papers on Black Monday.
Source: Boston Globe Dec 17 - 9:28 AM

I think this is our first “Pagano expected to be fired” report of the year.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coltsalr For This Useful Post:
Indiana V2 (12-17-2017), Oldcolt (12-17-2017)
Old 12-17-2017, 11:41 AM
Post whore

We've heard this before, hope it happens this time. Would not mind giving McDaniels another chance as a head coach.
Old 12-17-2017, 11:41 AM

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,639 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
Ben Volin of the Boston Globe said to expect a "housecleaning" in Indianapolis this offseason.
That includes both the coaching staff and 53-man roster. With Indianapolis set to miss the playoffs for a third consecutive year, Chuck Pagano is likely nearing the end of his Colts tenure. Per Volin, GM Chris Ballard wants to give Chiefs special teams coordinator Dave Toub a head-coaching opportunity, though owner Jim Irsay may be looking for a "sexier" hire. Ballard has also been grilling Jacoby Brissett on Josh McDaniels, who served as Brissett's OC during his time in New England. Either way, it's a near certainty that Pagano will be handed his walking papers on Black Monday.
Source: Boston Globe Dec 17 - 9:28 AM

I think this is our first “Pagano expected to be fired” report of the year.

The only exciting thing about the offseason. Chuck being fired and hopefully Chud. Also seeing what Ballard does with the draft.
Old 12-17-2017, 11:45 AM

A roster purge is interesting, but the more I think about it...

QB-Okay lets just pray that this position isn’t overhauled. But Luck being so healthy to the point that the Colts feel comfortable dealing with Brissett would obviously be a very positive development and one that would contribute to a “housecleaning.”

RB-Gore is very obviously gone. Mack should be back, but I don’t think he’s shown enough to be definitive RB1. Turbin and Ferguson are both probably gone too. Likely “housecleaning.”

WR- Hilton will probably stay, but I’m guessing Moncrief/Aiken/Rogers are all gone. I’ll call this position a “housecleaning”

TE- Doyle will stay, Brandon Williams is dead and Erik Swoope is on Year 15 of him being one year away from being ready. This’ll be a housecleaning after Doyle.

OL-Castonzo and Kelly seem safe. Mewhort will be a UFA, and I’m not sure we’d bother, Particularly if we have a new a coaching staff, “knows the system” won’t be at all relevant. No one else at OL impresses me enough to be handed a starting job next year. 3/5 new starters constitutes a housecleaning I suppose, though I’m a bit skeptical they’ll go to quite that degree.

DL- I’d actually keep most of these guys. Hankins, Woods, Anderson, and Hunt have all been good. You can add some more depth obviously, but I’d keep the core. Though I also wouldn’t be opposed to a Sheldon Richardson addition. But I don’t think this will be a “housecleaning”

OLB-I like Simon/Sheard, though I’d obviously love it if we could get some blue chip pass rusher. Again, augmenting the position, not “housecleaning” it.

ILB- Okay, yep, burn it down. Anyone that’s played ILB this year deserves a pink tag. They all suck. Houseclean this motherfucker.

CB-Hopefully the new coaching staff won’t weirdly bench Quincy Wilson. I suppose you could “houseclean the depth” but I was okay with Desir/Hairston/Melvin.

S-Geathers and Hooker seems like a potentially good Safety duo. Need to see more from Geathers, he’s understandly rusty now. Butler is very likely gone, I haven’t been overly impressed with his move to Safety and I like Butler. If they do decide that Geathers isn’t the starter of the future, move on from Butler, this will be a housecleaning of that individual spot.

I guess everyone can decide for themselves if the above would constitute a “housecleaning”.
Old 12-17-2017, 12:07 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

I think they would keep rogers
Old 12-17-2017, 12:12 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts

Marvin Lewis will be gone after this season. Announced on NFLN
Old 12-17-2017, 12:14 PM

Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,135 Posts

Sadly I don't think this will go high enough.

Jim needs to purge Jim- and I just don't think that's gonna happen.

To me, Jim has very sadly become a mostly mirrored image of Bob. It is time for a change at the very top to bring some new vision to this team. Either hand the reins to the girls, or bring in a President and stay completely out of the front office other than using a pen to sign checks and wave at the cameras and defer to your leadership team.

Right now this thing is fucked and my feeling is Jim is too personally woven into it to gut it to the joists and start the fuck over. Even the statement above that he may be looking for a bigger "splash" type hire- says that he can't get the fuck out of the way.
Old 12-17-2017, 12:18 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
A roster purge is interesting, but the more I think about it...

QB-Okay lets just pray that this position isn’t overhauled. But Luck being so healthy to the point that the Colts feel comfortable dealing with Brissett would obviously be a very positive development and one that would contribute to a “housecleaning.”

RB-Gore is very obviously gone. Mack should be back, but I don’t think he’s shown enough to be definitive RB1. Turbin and Ferguson are both probably gone too. Likely “housecleaning.”

WR- Hilton will probably stay, but I’m guessing Moncrief/Aiken/Rogers are all gone. I’ll call this position a “housecleaning”

TE- Doyle will stay, Brandon Williams is dead and Erik Swoope is on Year 15 of him being one year away from being ready. This’ll be a housecleaning after Doyle.

OL-Castonzo and Kelly seem safe. Mewhort will be a UFA, and I’m not sure we’d bother, Particularly if we have a new a coaching staff, “knows the system” won’t be at all relevant. No one else at OL impresses me enough to be handed a starting job next year. 3/5 new starters constitutes a housecleaning I suppose, though I’m a bit skeptical they’ll go to quite that degree.

DL- I’d actually keep most of these guys. Hankins, Woods, Anderson, and Hunt have all been good. You can add some more depth obviously, but I’d keep the core. Though I also wouldn’t be opposed to a Sheldon Richardson addition. But I don’t think this will be a “housecleaning”

OLB-I like Simon/Sheard, though I’d obviously love it if we could get some blue chip pass rusher. Again, augmenting the position, not “housecleaning” it.

ILB- Okay, yep, burn it down. Anyone that’s played ILB this year deserves a pink tag. They all suck. Houseclean this motherfucker.

CB-Hopefully the new coaching staff won’t weirdly bench Quincy Wilson. I suppose you could “houseclean the depth” but I was okay with Desir/Hairston/Melvin.

S-Geathers and Hooker seems like a potentially good Safety duo. Need to see more from Geathers, he’s understandly rusty now. Butler is very likely gone, I haven’t been overly impressed with his move to Safety and I like Butler. If they do decide that Geathers isn’t the starter of the future, move on from Butler, this will be a housecleaning of that individual spot.

I guess everyone can decide for themselves if the above would constitute a “housecleaning”.
You just listed over half of the roster under the “needs replaced” column. That is a housecleaning.
Old 12-17-2017, 12:20 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
Sadly I don't think this will go high enough.

Jim needs to purge Jim- and I just don't think that's gonna happen.

To me, Jim has very sadly become a mostly mirrored image of Bob. It is time for a change at the very top to bring some new vision to this team. Either hand the reins to the girls, or bring in a President and stay completely out of the front office other than using a pen to sign checks and wave at the cameras and defer to your leadership team.

Right now this thing is fucked and my feeling is Jim is too personally woven into it to gut it to the joists and start the fuck over. Even the statement above that he may be looking for a bigger "splash" type hire- says that he can't get the fuck out of the way.
Jim doesn’t look so good (heathwise). Kravitz has mentioned it recently.
The Following User Says Thank You to VeveJones007 For This Useful Post:
Brylok (12-17-2017)
Old 12-17-2017, 12:21 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
You just listed over half of the roster under the “needs replaced” column. That is a housecleaning.
Well that would give us about 200 million in cap space. HAHA.