ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 11-22-2019, 12:46 AM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck4Reich View Post
The Colts are a team they dont really care about being in the playoffs. If that was the Pat's, Chiefs, Packers, etc not only they review it they rule in favor .
I logged back in just so I could thank and comment on this post. This is absolutely correct. The NFL knew it was over for the Colts when Luck quit. They can't come out and say that of course, but they knew. Thus, the dramatic lack of Colts coverage. Houston is also a much larger city and market. More eyeballs and money spent per game. It's all about the revenue. The "rules" are very arbitrary. Goodnight
Old 11-22-2019, 12:47 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

I’ve always believed the most important thing for any sports team is the front office. We have a good one. Long term this team will be ok. This year impossible to overcome loss of Luck the way it happened. Young team that didn’t win games it should have, like a lot of young teams do. Shitty for us.
Old 11-22-2019, 01:09 AM

The most frustrating game to watch.
Old 11-22-2019, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
None of this crap matters, we aren't winning anything with Brissett at QB. FR doesn't have any faith in him, and neither do I.
Dude can’t throw the ball downfield for shit.

I appreciate that he won’t lose a game for you like Hoyer, but the dude hasn’t proven he can win them either.

Draft a QB this year. If the right one is there, spend the capital to get him. Let him sit behind Brissett next year and part ways.
Old 11-22-2019, 09:04 AM

Thanked 4,373 Times in 2,519 Posts

Sorry for jinxing TY and the team with the thread title. Now I know why it only earned a C-, lol
Old 11-22-2019, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Session View Post
Dude can’t throw the ball downfield for shit.

I appreciate that he won’t lose a game for you like Hoyer, but the dude hasn’t proven he can win them either.

Draft a QB this year. If the right one is there, spend the capital to get him. Let him sit behind Brissett next year and part ways.
I agree Brissett is not the answer. Its almost like Reich has no confidence in him throwing down field
Old 11-22-2019, 01:02 PM

It's funny how quickly opinions change around here. One week, the OL is da bomb, but if they have one bad game, they're over-rated. JB has a stellar game, throwing 4 TDs and it's let's hope we can lock him up without breaking the bank. Marlin Mack is awesome, Marlin Mack is too fragile.

Bottom line, all these players are human and they have good and bad games. I saw Nelson whiff on a key block that would have resulted in a huge run had he made it. It doesn't mean he sucks, it was just one play. There is not a single player in the NFL that doesn't have some shitty plays during each game. It's too early to write JB off, but I do agree he has flaws. If the right opportunity comes along, I agree with finding a better option, but not at the cost of a block busting trade to move up on draft day. This team still has way too many holes to fill and depth to attain.

I still believe this team can make the playoffs, but without Luck, I never thought they could go far and I still don't. I'm just enjoying what we have, a good coach, a great GM, and a lot of youth with bright futures. It could be a lot worse, I live in NY and most of my friends are either Giants or Jets fans.

Last edited by albany ed; 11-22-2019 at 01:58 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to albany ed For This Useful Post:
Chaka (11-23-2019), Colts And Orioles (11-22-2019), JAFF (11-22-2019), Racehorse (11-23-2019), smitty46953 (11-22-2019)
Old 11-22-2019, 01:39 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,266 Times in 2,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post

It's funny how quickly opinions change around here. One week, the OL is da bomb, but if they have one bad game, they're over-rated. JB has a stellar game, throwing 4 TDs and it's let's hope we can lock him up without breaking the bank. Marlin Mack is awesome, Marlin Mack is too fragile.

Bottom line, all these players are human and they have good and bad games. I saw Nelson whiff on a key block that would have resulted in a huge run had he made it. It doesn't mean he sucks, it was just one play. There is not a single player in the NFL that doesn't have some shitty plays during each game. It's too early to write JB off, but I do agree he has flaws. If the right opportunity comes along, I agree with finding a better option, but not at the cost of block busting trade to move on draft day. This team still have way too many holes to fill and depth to attain.

I still believe this team can make the playoffs, but without Luck, I never thought they could go far and I still don't. I'm just enjoying what we have, a good coach, a great GM, and a lot of youth with bright futures. It could be a lot worse, I live in NY and most of my friends are either Giants or Jets fans.

o

Brian Hoyer, also ........ after the Steelers game, the general consensus of the board-at-large seemed to be that he was a more-than-adequate 2nd string quarterback. After the Dolphins game, he could not be run out of town fast enough.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
albany ed (11-22-2019)
Old 11-22-2019, 02:18 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

[QUOTE=albany ed;144370]It's funny how quickly opinions change around here. One week, the OL is da bomb, but if they have one bad game, they're over-rated. JB has a stellar game, throwing 4 TDs and it's let's hope we can lock him up without breaking the bank. Marlin Mack is awesome, Marlin Mack is too fragile.

Bottom line, all these players are human and they have good and bad games. I saw Nelson whiff on a key block that would have resulted in a huge run had he made it. It doesn't mean he sucks, it was just one play. There is not a single player in the NFL that doesn't have some shitty plays during each game. It's too early to write JB off, but I do agree he has flaws. If the right opportunity comes along, I agree with finding a better option, but not at the cost of a block busting trade to move up on draft day. This team still has way too many holes to fill and depth to attain.

I agree with you. Question, do you think it is wise to go forward with Brissett and build a team around him that can win or would you go all in for a new quarterback? I think Ballard is not going to use a whole lot of draft picks to move up for a qb. I think that is wise as most of the 'can't miss' guys actually miss. It is a tough decision as I think it is clear that Brissett cannot carry a team like our last qb could (but not many could) However I do think he is good enough if surrounded by a great defense and more play makers on offense to win.
Old 11-22-2019, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
I agree with you. Question, do you think it is wise to go forward with Brissett and build a team around him that can win or would you go all in for a new quarterback? I think Ballard is not going to use a whole lot of draft picks to move up for a qb. I think that is wise as most of the 'can't miss' guys actually miss. It is a tough decision as I think it is clear that Brissett cannot carry a team like our last qb could (but not many could) However I do think he is good enough if surrounded by a great defense and more play makers on offense to win.
I think the jury is still out on Brissett. Right now, he's the best we've got, but IMO, that doesn't say much. I wouldn't go all in to get one of the top three QBs, but if Ballard saw something in a QB worth taking in the first or second round, I hope he goes for it.
Colts And Orioles (11-22-2019), Oldcolt (11-22-2019)