ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 05-18-2018, 09:20 AM
testcase448

Default Which Colts Offensive Player has the Most to Prove in 2018?

Mewhort according to this article
The Colts have plenty of players who need to prove themselves next season, but who on offense needs to do it the most?
The Colts have a lot of new faces in their organization. Some of them are in the locker room too. But there are plenty of old faces who need to prove themselves, and plenty of them play offense. But who needs to prove themselves the most?
Old 05-18-2018, 11:11 AM

Thanked 1,647 Times in 790 Posts

Disagreeing with that article per the idea that Luck has to prove he can stay healthy. He hasn't ever given the impression he was made of glass ala Joseph Jefferson, or even Bob Sanders. He's already proven he's one of the toughest QBs in the league.
But he does have to prove that his shoulder isn't ruined, and that he can come back to being one of the league's top QBs.
Second place goes to TY Hilton. In my mind he has not shown that he's a true #1, he disappears in a lot of games. But he can flourish in this new system, and so he needs to take advantage of this opportunity and put up some serious numbers.
Mewhort is third for me, but I don't think he'll be proving much because I suspect our 2 new rookie guards will be getting most of the snaps this year.
Old 05-18-2018, 11:28 AM

Mewhort is a long way down the list in my opinion as there are other options on a par or better than he may be. For me it's the right tackle position generally, so the likes of Good/Austin/Kelly. This is the biggest weakness going into training camp for the offense.

Although i think so long as Luck is back to anything even remotely like his pre injury form, then the offense is likely to take care of itself. There is depth along the offensive line generally with experienced starters who are going to be falling into backup roles. We may not have depth in the receiving department but we have 'skill position' players that can as an overall receiving group meet the needs of the team from what i can see.
Old 05-18-2018, 01:43 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

I guess Luck, although for some reason I am not concerned that he will come back. Gut call maybe. A backup role might suit Mewhort, it would give him longer to recover if he is taking backup snaps. With enough rest time his knees may come back. I'm just doubtful of players if the rumors are their knees are shot, heard the same thing about Allen.
Old 05-18-2018, 02:06 PM

Thanked 4,361 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
I guess Luck, although for some reason I am not concerned that he will come back. Gut call maybe. A backup role might suit Mewhort, it would give him longer to recover if he is taking backup snaps. With enough rest time his knees may come back. I'm just doubtful of players if the rumors are their knees are shot, heard the same thing about Allen.
I agree on Luck. He has the most to prove, but because he has to prove that he is the same guy he was before surgery. I think he can be that guy, but surgery is nothing to laugh at. Glad they have advanced their abilities to heal players in ways we never thought possible before.