ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-08-2017, 10:04 AM

Thanked 1,655 Times in 794 Posts

I heard on local (Orlando) radio today that maybe the Jaguars are looking to trade down out of their #4 pick.
It would be neat to get that one, but then, the guy on the radio was also talking about them possibly trading it for Tony Romo, which is just about the dumbest thing I've ever heard...
Old 03-08-2017, 11:22 AM

Thanked 1,195 Times in 527 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post
I heard on local (Orlando) radio today that maybe the Jaguars are looking to trade down out of their #4 pick.
It would be neat to get that one, but then, the guy on the radio was also talking about them possibly trading it for Tony Romo, which is just about the dumbest thing I've ever heard...
That would probably take this year's #1 and next year's #1 to get up to #4 overall.

And for who? Myles Garrett is the prize of this class but he will be long gone by #4. If he is somehow not, then you absolutely trade away next year's #1 for him.

Three of the next best defensive players are secondary; CB Marshon Lattimore S Jamal Adams and S Malik Hooker. Any would be fine additions to the Colts but do you really use two #1s for a secondary guy? The only folks that I think you do that for are pass rushers and/or incredible talents at ILB.

DE Jonathan Adams?
ILB Ruben Foster?
DE Solomon Thomas?

Do those guys rate the loss of next year's #1 to get them over the guys who are more likely to be available at #15 like

CB Sidney Jones
OLB Derek Barnett
CB Tre'Davious White
OLB Takkarist McKinley
S Budda Baker
OLB Taco Charleston

They may be looking to trade back, but I would be shocked if Ballard pulls the trigger on a trade up unless it is packaged with a player like Allen, Dorsett or Mewhort.

Cheers,
Old 03-08-2017, 11:29 AM

Jonathan Allen, I might very well consider paying a hefty price (though probably not 1st this year and next) to move up for. I do believe he's that good. I'm absolutely convinced he's going to be a phenomenal force. I think he'd be a good fit at 3-4 DE, but I'm also hopeful that this will be Pagano's last year and then next year we'll hopefully get a coaching staff that adjusts his scheme to his talent (particularly in the case of someone as talented as Allen).

That said, I'm not convinced that he will even be there at #4. Lots of Mocks have him going 2-3. With that risk, I'll pass.

The price that it would take to move up even higher would be so prohibitive that it's not even worth mentioning. The only reason to reach that high is if you're so close, and one guy will really make a huge difference (certainly not us, we have far too many holes) or if you think you see your franchise QB in your sights (not us, either).

If we can move up some spots, with trading Allen and/or Dorsett then fine, though I question how high their value is. As it stands, I'm not too keen on moving up too high, as we do have tons of holes and we need those filled and we can't afford to be giving up our best way of filling those holes.
Old 03-08-2017, 12:33 PM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

With a draft this deep, the Colts should be trading DOWN to get more picks instead of moving up and giving up any. We have far too many needs to be giving up picks. This is a great draft to build on. I hope we trade down.
Old 03-08-2017, 01:10 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

^^^ exactly. if this draft is as loaded as they say, no trading up. We need to stock the shelves.
Old 03-08-2017, 02:46 PM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

I would not blindly trade down early, but if there are no worthy pass rushers or ILBs then yeah, trade down and acquire picks if you can.
Old 03-08-2017, 07:11 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts

Have an extra 4th now if they want to trade up.
OneVoice (03-09-2017)
Old 03-08-2017, 07:37 PM

Does anyone have an idea (I know it's a year out) about NEXT year's class? Maybe Indy gives up a future 1 or 2 to grab a few more studs in this one?
Old 03-08-2017, 07:50 PM

Thanked 4,282 Times in 1,750 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyEdge32 View Post
Does anyone have an idea (I know it's a year out) about NEXT year's class? Maybe Indy gives up a future 1 or 2 to grab a few more studs in this one?
nobody knows how next year will check out
Old 03-08-2017, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
nobody knows how next year will check out
I get that. My question is, do you think this year's class is good enough to trade away picks in next year's draft?