ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 03-08-2017, 08:33 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyEdge32 View Post
I get that. My question is, do you think this year's class is good enough to trade away picks in next year's draft?
Yes Sir, yes it is.
Old 03-08-2017, 11:50 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
Jonathan Allen, I might very well consider paying a hefty price (though probably not 1st this year and next) to move up for. I do believe he's that good. I'm absolutely convinced he's going to be a phenomenal force. I think he'd be a good fit at 3-4 DE, but I'm also hopeful that this will be Pagano's last year and then next year we'll hopefully get a coaching staff that adjusts his scheme to his talent (particularly in the case of someone as talented as Allen).

That said, I'm not convinced that he will even be there at #4. Lots of Mocks have him going 2-3. With that risk, I'll pass.

The price that it would take to move up even higher would be so prohibitive that it's not even worth mentioning. The only reason to reach that high is if you're so close, and one guy will really make a huge difference (certainly not us, we have far too many holes) or if you think you see your franchise QB in your sights (not us, either).

If we can move up some spots, with trading Allen and/or Dorsett then fine, though I question how high their value is. As it stands, I'm not too keen on moving up too high, as we do have tons of holes and we need those filled and we can't afford to be giving up our best way of filling those holes.
Allen might be on the board at 1.15. There's some serious concern over his shoulder(s).

Barnett is likely to be there after his poor numbers at the combine. I don't see a reason to move up. It would be better to move down, still get a good edge player, and add another 3rd or 4th rounder.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:11 AM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
Allen might be on the board at 1.15. There's some serious concern over his shoulder(s).

Barnett is likely to be there after his poor numbers at the combine. I don't see a reason to move up. It would be better to move down, still get a good edge player, and add another 3rd or 4th rounder.
Barnett is going to get a pass from plenty of teams. He was vomiting less than 24 hrs prior to still running a sub-5 40. And he did surprisingly well in the other timed drills. If anything he probably impressed some teams by gutting it out. I am guessing he'll run in the 4.6-4.7 range at his pro day.

I think after Garrett, Thomas, and Barnett the quality of edge rusher goes down significantly. We need lots of pieces, but we need defensive playmakers more than anything.