ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-02-2017, 05:07 PM

Thanked 1,477 Times in 815 Posts

yeah, all the irsay blaming is dumB.

The major point of failure on his part was renewing grigson and pagano

Last edited by rcubed; 11-02-2017 at 06:20 PM.
Old 11-02-2017, 05:17 PM

Houston, we have a Problem

I’m a glass half full type of person. I don’t believe that Luck’s career is over and refuse to speculate as such. I still believe the rebuild should be centered around the notion of him under center in 2018. I also think there is something good to be said for finally having the certainty of knowing that we’re riding the Brissett horse for the rest of this season. It will only help him to further develop into a much more than adequate backup to Andrew for future seasons (assuming he can stay healthy……Kravitz on JMV just said Castanzo will likely be missing some game time). I think it’s likely we won’t win another game unless we happen to trip into one on “any given Sunday”. Instead my hope is that:

1. We will see some good individual performances that give us hope we have a few of the pieces we need for next year and
2. Notwithstanding an incompetent coaching staff, we will see some competitive spirit emerge from a team that doesn’t want to be seen as not giving a shit

For the last decade I’ve connected with some of my Indy based family (I’m in NJ) for one colts away game a year and this year we are meeting this weekend in Houston. We’ve been to KC, Tenn, Miami, New York, Jax, Denver.

Ironically, the colts have won each of the road trips we’ve made over the last 10 years. There will be seven of us wearing the shoe in Houston on Sunday. Who knows maybe it will be the proverbial “any given Sunday”. Probably not, but at a minimum we’ll spend some money in a city trying to recover from a hurricane and have some fun.
Old 11-02-2017, 06:10 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
irsay hired a gm and it didn't work out. grigson won't be the last gm that will not work out for the colts.

Luck getting hurt is nobodies fault. except maybe dam's.
I firmly believe that Irsay hired a GM who wasn’t on anyone’s radar because he wanted someone he could manipulate. Irsay was tired of taking a back seat to Polian and wanted more of a say.

I basically consider Grigson and Irsay as co-GMs over those years.
Old 11-02-2017, 06:12 PM

Thanked 1,477 Times in 815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
I firmly believe that Irsay hired a GM who wasn’t on anyone’s radar because he wanted someone he could manipulate. Irsay was tired of taking a back seat to Polian and wanted more of a say.

I didnt get that sense. I think irsay tried someone new/different/fresh and it backfired.

I feel like irsay likes to be kept in the loop about what's going on with the team and probably has/had final veto power over the bigger decisions. Trading away top picks, money for top signees, decisions like the manning one.

Last edited by rcubed; 11-02-2017 at 06:15 PM.
Old 11-02-2017, 06:28 PM

Thanked 4,294 Times in 1,758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post

i basically consider your opinion retarded
The Following User Says Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
YDFL Commish (11-02-2017)
Old 11-02-2017, 07:37 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
Andrew Luck will not be walking through that door fellas. This is Jacoby's team now. It's time for the team to realize this is as good as it'll get.
^ This is the next 9 months in a nutshell.
Old 11-02-2017, 07:49 PM

Thanked 2,250 Times in 1,174 Posts

I think people like inventing narratives. Things went to shit, but I really doubt Jim doesn't care and isn't trying. He simply got it wrong.
The Following User Says Thank You to Butter For This Useful Post:
OneVoice (11-03-2017)
Old 11-02-2017, 08:46 PM

Thanked 1,180 Times in 356 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
I think people like inventing narratives. Things went to shit, but I really doubt Jim doesn't care and isn't trying. He simply got it wrong.
This isn't something you just get wrong. This is an injury that occurred in 20andfucking15 and was never properly addressed.

Irsay let his coach and GM routinely use Luck to save their jobs. Irsay watched Luck play in meaningless games. Irsay wasted years of this franchise making very poor decisions in regards to his GM, coach and personnel.
Old 11-02-2017, 08:54 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,643 Times in 952 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 View Post
This isn't something you just get wrong. This is an injury that occurred in 20andfucking15 and was never properly addressed.

Irsay let his coach and GM routinely use Luck to save their jobs. Irsay watched Luck play in meaningless games. Irsay wasted years of this franchise making very poor decisions in regards to his GM, coach and personnel.
Wasn't it Luck's decision to get the surgery? I would think that means that the team doctors evaluated the injury and thought surgery was unnecessary.
Old 11-02-2017, 09:12 PM

Thanked 4,294 Times in 1,758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 View Post

It was addressed and Luck played arguably his best football last year. It didn't get better. Maybe it was misdiagnosed. This isn't as simple as pointing a finger and blaming people

What we do know is irsay wasn't the one diagnosing the injury.