ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-02-2017, 02:53 PM

Thanked 4,404 Times in 2,531 Posts

This does NOT mean Luck’s career is over. Some of you are “half empty “ guys, I guess. I see this as a “reset” button on the franchise, starting with a reset on fixing Luck. Instead of Luck working on getting back out there ASAP, he can now work on physical therapy to strengthen and loosen up scar tissue and then work to get back into game shape. It also means we are playing for developing the younger kids and draft status. It really tanking, but letting Chuckture take its course. We may win one more game and finish with pick five in the draft. That should net us something good to add to some promising pieces picked up lately. The future is actually bright, not dark.
1965southpaw (11-02-2017), apballin (11-02-2017), Butter (11-02-2017), Hoopsdoc (11-02-2017), Mr. Session (11-02-2017), NextManUp (11-02-2017), omahacolt (11-02-2017), Spike (11-02-2017), VeveJones007 (11-02-2017)
Old 11-02-2017, 03:01 PM

Best decision. There was no point in him returning this year anyway.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DrSpaceman For This Useful Post:
Coltsalr (11-02-2017), Pez (11-03-2017), smitty46953 (11-02-2017)
Old 11-02-2017, 03:37 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 View Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...g-andrew-luck/

“This new staff came in and said, ‘We’re going to be the toughest guys on the block. We’re going to get big road graders, run, stop the run.’ In Indianapolis? With Andrew Luck? In a division where you play 10 games in perfect weather every year? The team you have to beat is Tom Brady and the New England Patriots? And you want to come in and play like you’re playing in the AFC North? That contributed to it because you didn’t have a pass protecting line,” Polian said.

Polian is so, so correct. It just highlights the insanity of ever hiring Pagano and pissing on "Star Wars numbers" in the first place. And the fact we got exactly what we always were going to get as a result.

Which isn't to be read as hating Pagano. But hating what Irsay did with the direction he took this franchise.
All of this was Irsay’s fault. This wasn’t his father’s NFL. He hired a GM he could handle and play armchair GM.
Old 11-02-2017, 03:40 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
This does NOT mean Luck’s career is over. Some of you are “half empty “ guys, I guess. I see this as a “reset” button on the franchise, starting with a reset on fixing Luck. Instead of Luck working on getting back out there ASAP, he can now work on physical therapy to strengthen and loosen up scar tissue and then work to get back into game shape. It also means we are playing for developing the younger kids and draft status. It really tanking, but letting Chuckture take its course. We may win one more game and finish with pick five in the draft. That should net us something good to add to some promising pieces picked up lately. The future is actually bright, not dark.
Oh I’m definitely here while also recognizing that Irsay is an idiot for putting the franchise in this place. This will be a blessing over the next 8 years.

Luck will be back. They’ll add a stud pass rusher or LT (maybe both) in this draft. They’ll get a new coaching staff. Things will turn around by 2019 at the latest, but I think playoffs in 2018 are within reach.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VeveJones007 For This Useful Post:
Coltsalr (11-02-2017), Racehorse (11-02-2017)
Old 11-02-2017, 04:09 PM

Andrew Luck will not be walking through that door fellas. This is Jacoby's team now. It's time for the team to realize this is as good as it'll get.
Old 11-02-2017, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
Oh I’m definitely here while also recognizing that Irsay is an idiot for putting the franchise in this place. This will be a blessing over the next 8 years.

Luck will be back. They’ll add a stud pass rusher or LT (maybe both) in this draft. They’ll get a new coaching staff. Things will turn around by 2019 at the latest, but I think playoffs in 2018 are within reach.
I hope to hell you're right. What I don't want to hear is anymore bullshit from Irsay, like the OL is fixed, Luck will be ready for OTAs, just shut the fuck up Jim!!
Old 11-02-2017, 04:30 PM

Thanked 4,404 Times in 2,531 Posts

Here are some quotes from Ballard that seem to echo what I said:

Quote:
“I think they’re going to take a little different approach and do some different strength and recovery efforts to try to get the soreness out,” Ballard said.

“He was frustrated,” Ballard continued, talking about Luck’s reaction to the news his season was officially over. “I mean, he’s a competitive guy. And not only is he a competitive guy, but he cares about his teammates, and he cares about this organization. And he knows the impact he has on Sunday. I mean, he’s a difference maker; he’s one of the top quarterbacks in this league. So he’s frustrated. He’s absolutely frustrated. But saying that, I think he’s got great resolve, and I think — look, through the dark times there’s gotta be a light, and I think a year of his body healing, getting the shoulder right, I think we’re going to see a better Andrew down the line.”
http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/...7-333311f8c3a4
VeveJones007 (11-02-2017)
Old 11-02-2017, 04:59 PM

Thanked 4,292 Times in 1,757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 View Post
Jim Irsay let his franchise QB have a 3-year injury that resulted in this.

Jim Irsay needs to not run the Colts.
jim irsay didnt let him do shit with his injury. come on man. that is just ridiculous.

jim miller was talking about this on moving the chains today. he said the exact same thing happened to him. the docs didn't think he needed surgery and that he could play with it but turned out it didn't hold up. he played a full season, just like Luck, and then had surgery.

it was Luck and the doctors deciding his plan. Irsay had nothing to do with it.

and if you really want irsay stepping in and overriding the docs plans, then you are borderline retarded.
The Following User Says Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Hoopsdoc (11-02-2017)
Old 11-02-2017, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
All of this was Irsay’s fault. This wasn’t his father’s NFL. He hired a GM he could handle and play armchair GM.
irsay hired a gm and it didn't work out. grigson won't be the last gm that will not work out for the colts.

Luck getting hurt is nobodies fault. except maybe dam's.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (11-02-2017), Racehorse (11-02-2017)
Old 11-02-2017, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
Here are some quotes from Ballard that seem to echo what I said:

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/...7-333311f8c3a4
my only real worry here is if they have to go back in to the shoulder more.