ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-04-2017, 10:18 AM

Default Swoope to IR

Mike Chappell‏Verified account @mchappell51 49m49 minutes ago
Not a total surprise Erik Swoope (knee) goes to IR. Can be brought back after 6 weeks. No longer have to 'designate' for return off IR.

I thought it was a surprise. Haven't really heard much about the injury until now.
Old 09-04-2017, 10:38 AM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Suck for Rosen, Suck for Darnold, Suck for whatever reason you want to provide- but rest assured we are gonna suck!
Old 09-04-2017, 12:38 PM

Thanked 2,236 Times in 1,169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
Suck for Rosen, Suck for Darnold, Suck for whatever reason you want to provide- but rest assured we are gonna suck!
I agree with you, but it will not be because Swoope is on the IR.
Old 09-04-2017, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
I agree with you, but it will not be because Swoope is on the IR.
No, it will because the IR should probably include our star QB who I am becoming convinced is a pawn in a game of keep the fans in the seats charade. I'm starting to believe Luck himself is so quiet because he has been told to play the game- and I don't believe that's going to sit well with this guy. To me there's a lot of similarities between this and Edge and I think that weighed on his final tenure here unfortunately.
Old 09-04-2017, 04:34 PM

Thanked 4,282 Times in 1,750 Posts

Quote:
No, it will because the IR should probably include our star QB who I am becoming convinced is a pawn in a game of keep the fans in the seats charade. I'm starting to believe Luck himself is so quiet because he has been told to play the game- and I don't believe that's going to sit well with this guy. To me there's a lot of similarities between this and Edge and I think that weighed on his final tenure here unfortunately.
What the hell are you talking about
Old 09-04-2017, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
What the hell are you talking about
What I am talking about is a similar deal to when Edge's knee injury was played down and ultimately turned out to be a torn ligament. Similar to when Bob had damn micro-fracture surgery and for what like 8 years or something we were never told how serious his situation was and the company line was steadfast that he was coming along well and could be back at any time.

In Edge's case he was none too happy with the Colts for the misdiagnosis and I recall there being some bad blood that the injury may have been made worse by him practicing after dr's botched it.

To me, and this is just my read on his demeanor and nothing more, but Luck doesn't strike me to be the type that would want to play this game but would instead want to be free spoken about what is taking place.

This team has consistently been really bad about acknowledging the severity of injuries and then playing coy with the truth afterward. I used to think it was a Polian thing, now I think it's an Irsay thing and it has everything to do with butts in seats.

You tell me, what are they gaining by being this clandestine and playing all these games??? This insanity with the HC saying he hasn't even seen him throwing (there may be some truth because I am not sure Chuck even attends practices at this point...) and Luck basically saying nothing at all- it all just seems so damn idiotic. Look we know his shoulder has been injured, so does every DC, so does all 11 guys opposite the LOS from him on every single snap- it's the NFL, that shoulder is going to be a target now. What, by not talking about it are these guys NOT going to come after him to see if he's damaged goods????
Old 09-04-2017, 06:43 PM

Not looking real promising...

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articl...12680_24612675

And no that's not me with the only comment below the article but I sure do damn agree with that comment!
Old 09-04-2017, 09:42 PM

Thanked 4,282 Times in 1,750 Posts

Quote:
What I am talking about is a similar deal to when Edge's knee injury was played down and ultimately turned out to be a torn ligament. Similar to when Bob had damn micro-fracture surgery and for what like 8 years or something we were never told how serious his situation was and the company line was steadfast that he was coming along well and could be back at any time.

In Edge's case he was none too happy with the Colts for the misdiagnosis and I recall there being some bad blood that the injury may have been made worse by him practicing after dr's botched it.

To me, and this is just my read on his demeanor and nothing more, but Luck doesn't strike me to be the type that would want to play this game but would instead want to be free spoken about what is taking place.

This team has consistently been really bad about acknowledging the severity of injuries and then playing coy with the truth afterward. I used to think it was a Polian thing, now I think it's an Irsay thing and it has everything to do with butts in seats.

You tell me, what are they gaining by being this clandestine and playing all these games??? This insanity with the HC saying he hasn't even seen him throwing (there may be some truth because I am not sure Chuck even attends practices at this point...) and Luck basically saying nothing at all- it all just seems so damn idiotic. Look we know his shoulder has been injured, so does every DC, so does all 11 guys opposite the LOS from him on every single snap- it's the NFL, that shoulder is going to be a target now. What, by not talking about it are these guys NOT going to come after him to see if he's damaged goods????
Irsay gave James a super bowl ring. There is no bad blood there. Had nothing to do with him leaving. Stop being dumb
Old 09-04-2017, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
Irsay gave James a super bowl ring. There is no bad blood there. Had nothing to do with him leaving. Stop being dumb
http://jacksonville.com/tu-online/st...l#.Wa3TdsiGOM8

I knew I wasn't misremembering things... yes, Edge was unhappy based on them having him practice despite his knee being shredded beef.

There's precedent with this organization and I don't think it's a GM thing, I think it's an out to lunch owner thing.
Old 09-06-2017, 08:59 PM

BTW yesterday on DD Chappel was on. Look its Dacich so it is what it is (damnit now I am "Chucking"...). Regardless he said he had spoken with three football guys that morning who all expressed the same concern- no one has yet heard Andrew Luck on the record talking about how he's chomping at the bit to get out there and play football. Talking about how he knows the team needs him and he knows he has to find a way to get on that field and make it happen. Assuming this is legitimate, I find this intriguing and think whatever you want- but my take is this guy has got to be tired of the crap ass line that has been "built" around him over and over again- and appears to be the same haphazard crap constructed by Ballard this year- and possibly even worse this year [undrafted FA center starting game 1].