ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-23-2021, 09:14 AM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Session View Post
He knew what he signed up for, I'm tired of people giving him an out for this.

I'm not judging him for walking away. Objectively it's smart. He's made generational wealth; Why continue? He does not get a pass for hustling everyone, even if it wasn't intentional, on who he was.

Clearly he did not know he was incapable of handling the burdens as they relate to the sport. I thought I was invincible when I was a kid too.

I MAINTAIN - Manning broke his fucking neck and won a superbowl, and we sent him packing because this dude sold us on something he was not able to provide. If he was as passionate about the job as Manning, Brady, Brees, and every other generational quarterback he was supposed to be like, he would not have walked away from the team when it was finally ready to make deep playoff runs.
So he should risk his health to keep you happy. Ok
Old 01-23-2021, 09:22 AM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
It's "amazing" that other fans have a different opinion about Luck than you do. Alrighty then.
So I’m not allowed to have my opinion? I’m not looking at this from the point of winning Super Bowl’s, it’s about him as a person.

Its a game. He didn’t desert his post in the military. He didn’t steal money out of your pocket. He suffered an internal injury when he got buggy whipped down at the Denver game and could’ve lost his life. And that’s not why he quit. He’s been rehabbing his leg for two straight years and it just wasn’t responding.

His body failed him.

Was he supposed to die out there for you fans?
Old 01-23-2021, 09:59 AM

Thanked 1,324 Times in 748 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
So I’m not allowed to have my opinion? I’m not looking at this from the point of winning Super Bowl’s, it’s about him as a person.

Its a game. He didn’t desert his post in the military. He didn’t steal money out of your pocket. He suffered an internal injury when he got buggy whipped down at the Denver game and could’ve lost his life. And that’s not why he quit. He’s been rehabbing his leg for two straight years and it just wasn’t responding.

His body failed him.

If Luck had retired with the same timing as AC or Rivers then there would be a lot less hard feelings, but with him retiring 1 week before the season starts it's hard to overlook thoughts that he screwed the Colts and quit on him teammates (and on a possible SB contending team).

Also, where'd you get the rehabbing his ankle for 2 years from? Luck wasn't listed on the injury report for the entire 2018 season.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...8_injuries.htm
Old 01-23-2021, 10:10 AM

Quote:

His body failed him.

I could be wrong ( probably am ) but wasn't the leg injury due to some sort of skiing or snowboarding accident?
Old 01-23-2021, 10:16 AM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,138 Times in 645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
If Luck had retired with the same timing as AC or Rivers then there would be a lot less hard feelings, but with him retiring 1 week before the season starts it's hard to overlook thoughts that he screwed the Colts and quit on him teammates (and on a possible SB contending team).

Also, where'd you get the rehabbing his ankle for 2 years from? Luck wasn't listed on the injury report for the entire 2018 season.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...8_injuries.htm
I believe he wanted to retire right after the loss in KC, strongly believe he was coaxed into return when he didn’t wanna play anymore and after going thru the motion and all the bs charades he finally said he couldn’t do it

He gave everything he had I have no Ill will towards him. We could’ve had a QB by now I believe they were delaying the inevitable in hopes Luck came back. We had many options and we went with Rivers. We’ll get our QB hell it may be Brissett. I’d prefer one on a rookie contract

Last edited by apballin; 01-23-2021 at 10:19 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to apballin For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (01-23-2021), Racehorse (01-23-2021)
Old 01-23-2021, 11:10 AM
Administrator

Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,402 Posts

What would be your take on Trubisky?

I've never really liked him but then again it could be just because he's with the Bears. FA and he's mobile, has a decent arm. Played pretty well at the end of the season.
Old 01-23-2021, 11:35 AM
Post whore

Problem solved

http://https://profootballtalk.nbcsp...mpression=true
Old 01-23-2021, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Site can’t be reached
Old 01-23-2021, 12:15 PM
Post whore