ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-22-2017, 07:51 PM

Thanked 1,180 Times in 356 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
I think Ballard is doing what he should. Let his coach make some calls on the roster. They have to work together. I think Ballard is giving pagano some slack in the rope to see how tight he wants to wrap it around his neck. And pagano just spurred his horse out from under himself
At what cost though? That's where Irsay has to step in and make a damn decision for the health of this franchise, who reports to who, etc.

He's giving Pagano rope to hang himself, OK, but in the process, Pagano is wasting games for Quincy Wilson, Marlon Mack, etc.
Old 10-22-2017, 07:57 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,402 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 View Post
Ignoring dumbass posters on this board who are clearly going to say dumb shit regardless of logic ... one thing I forgot to add is that I'm really starting to question what Chris Ballard IS in this franchise anyway.

Is he a GM? That means ultimately everyone answers to him, right? If that's the case...

Why did Tolzien/Green start in Week 1? Why has Wilson been inactive last two weeks? See, that makes me think either Ballard can't evaluate his own roster (unlikely), or Ballard can't override Pagano. Which makes me wonder what the hell is the point of a GM who cannot veto his coach.

I think Irsay still calls way too many of these shots. He needs to stay out of the football operation once he hires a GM. Or if he doesn't trust him GM, he needs to hire someone above him who is not named Irsay.
Starting to believe this was the plan all along. Give Pagano this yr waiting on the HC they want so they didn't have to buy out both Grigs and Paganos contract the same yr.... knowing they had a massive amount of money for FA next yr and the possibility of having a top 5 draft pick in which to trade for multiple draft picks with Pagano as the coach... not playing Luck but giving the fans hope he will play so the tickets get sold..... tickets are sold. irsay and Ballard get to be the heros when they do fire Pagano. But they are waiting on the guy they want.

Who are they going to replace him with that is on the staff that is not worse?

I think they are waiting on Harbaugh. I'm not endorsing him, it just seems to be Irsays way. But if he ever wanted Manning in any capacity it won't be Harbaugh. I doubt they could work together. JMO
Butter (10-22-2017)
Old 10-22-2017, 08:06 PM

From a penthouse franchise to an outhouse franchise.
The Following User Says Thank You to Forrest Blue For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2017, 08:23 PM

Thanked 4,290 Times in 1,755 Posts

Quote:
At what cost though? That's where Irsay has to step in and make a damn decision for the health of this franchise, who reports to who, etc.

He's giving Pagano rope to hang himself, OK, but in the process, Pagano is wasting games for Quincy Wilson, Marlon Mack, etc.
As a gm, don't you have to set a boundary of authority? If you can't trust your coach to make game day decisions then just fire the coach. You have to allow them to make mistakes. There should be open dialogue as to who is inactive but to me that should be a coaching decision.

The gm should have ultimate say but his reach should be limited.
Old 10-22-2017, 08:45 PM

Thanked 1,180 Times in 356 Posts

Quote:
As a gm, don't you have to set a boundary of authority? If you can't trust your coach to make game day decisions then just fire the coach. You have to allow them to make mistakes. There should be open dialogue as to who is inactive but to me that should be a coaching decision.

The gm should have ultimate say but his reach should be limited.
But the GM can't fire the coach here.

Again -- I just think the Colts' power structure is messed up. I don't know how it works for sure, but I would think Ballard doesn't have the power he really needs to have, and Irsay has too much.
Old 10-22-2017, 09:02 PM

Thanked 4,290 Times in 1,755 Posts

Quote:
But the GM can't fire the coach here.

Again -- I just think the Colts' power structure is messed up. I don't know how it works for sure, but I would think Ballard doesn't have the power he really needs to have, and Irsay has too much.
I don't know about that. I absolutely think Ballard can call for his firing. I just think this is a weird situation as how late the hiring of Ballard went down
The Following User Says Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
OneVoice (10-22-2017)
Old 10-22-2017, 09:13 PM

Thanked 2,249 Times in 1,174 Posts

Quote:
I don't know about that. I absolutely think Ballard can call for his firing. I just think this is a weird situation as how late the hiring of Ballard went down
I concur. Irsay got Ballard in too late to get a Coach they wanted, so this year is a loss. That is what I tell myself so I can sleep at night.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Butter For This Useful Post:
kitekrazy (10-22-2017), OneVoice (10-22-2017), VeveJones007 (10-22-2017)
Old 10-22-2017, 09:34 PM

The biggest reason Pagano should be fired Mon morning is because it should've already happened this summer.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OneVoice For This Useful Post:
Butter (10-22-2017), Indiana V2 (10-22-2017), Racehorse (10-22-2017)
Old 10-22-2017, 09:38 PM

Thanked 2,249 Times in 1,174 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneVoice View Post
The biggest reason Pagano should be fired Mon morning is because it should've already happened this summer.
Ultimately this!
Old 10-22-2017, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneVoice View Post
I'm starting to believe Chud and Mona are even worse.