ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-30-2023, 04:36 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,138 Times in 645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

You're exact words were ......

o

o

All over the place, my ass. I took exactly what you said, and I made a congruent comparison. It's not a matter of the fact that Mahomes is in a different class than Franklin overall as player, it's a matter of you "holding players to standards that they create" as you said, as the best player in the game at their position. If the best LB in the game makes that play, then the best QB in the game doesn't make back-to-back plays resulting in 14 points for the opponent, and subsequently costing his team the game. You're exact words, and your logic.

o
How is comparing a Super Bowl winner to a LB that’s never won a playoff game congruent?

Not even close, you picking and choosing shit

That’s not my logic that’s shit you’re creating

My words were also the more you achieve the more you get a pass funny how you didn’t highlight that

So if Ray Lewis drops a pick in his last year… no I’m not yelling stone hands at him.

However a 6th year guy that’s never won anything and claims to be “the best” yet he has 1 career INT and one hits him in the chest… yes he’s stone hands there’s more to linebacker then just making tackles but that’s just my logic.

Last edited by apballin; 12-30-2023 at 04:47 PM.
Old 12-30-2023, 04:44 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,270 Times in 2,017 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post

How is comparing a Super Bowl winner to a LB that’s never won a playoff game congruent?

o

It's congruent because you brought up being the best player in the game at your position ...... not winning Super Bowls ........ not the overall resume of a player's career ....... the best player in the game at your position. That's what you said, and that's what I made the congruent comparison to. The best player at one's position doesn't drop that INT and/or doesn't make such a bad play.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 12-30-2023, 04:48 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Quote:
o

It's congruent because you brought up being the best player in the game at your position ...... not winning Super Bowls ........ not the overall resume of a player's career ....... the best player in the game at your position. That's what you said, and that's what I made the congruent comparison to. The best player at one's position doesn't drop that INT and/or doesn't make such a bad play.

o
He said he’s the best… not me

He said that after the stop on Henry

Last edited by apballin; 12-30-2023 at 04:50 PM.
Old 12-30-2023, 05:00 PM
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post

He said he’s the best …... not me

He said that.

o

Correct ...... and you quoted him, and you asserted that the best player doesn't drop that ball.

He said that he was the best, and you said that he can't be the best because of the dropped INT ...... your assertion (a dropped INT in a regular season game) is that that is what necessarily differentiates the best from all of the others.

And I'm not asserting that he necessarily is the best LB in the game, but rather that a bad play and/or a dropped INT alone doesn't determine whether or not he is. I think that he is in the top-5 in the NFL. I believe that he has more work to do to be able to make a proclamation of being the best in the NFL. It's a little conceited on his part if he did indeed say that, but I do like the confidence ...... conceited, but certainly caring and into the game(s).

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 12-30-2023, 05:06 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Quote:
o

Correct ...... and you quoted him, and you asserted that the best player doesn't drop that ball.

He said that he was the best, and you said that he can't be the best because of the dropped INT ...... your assertion (a dropped INT in a regular season game) is that that is what necessarily differentiates the best from all of the others.

And I'm not asserting that he necessarily is the best LB in the game, but rather that a bad play and/or a dropped INT alone doesn't determine whether or not he is. I think that he is in the top-5 in the NFL. I believe that he has more work to do to be able to make a proclamation of being the best in the NFL. It's a little conceited on his part if he did indeed say that, but I do like the confidence ...... conceited, but certainly caring and into the game(s).

o
Like I said man I love his game and what he brings and I agree he’s top 5 for sure

But that play was pivotal in that game and as far as I’m concerned that’s were the best seperate themselves from the rest. I hope he does figure out coverage because that would only take the defense to another level but cmon 1 pick in 6 years
Old 12-31-2023, 05:00 PM
Historian

o

(vs. RAIDERS, 12/31)

Possessions: lllllll) 9

Punts: lllllllllllllllllllllllll) 5

TD's: llllllllllllllllllllllllllll) 2

FG's: llllllllllllllllllllllllllllll 2

o

Old 01-07-2024, 12:42 AM
Historian

o

(vs. TEXANS, 1/06)

Possessions: llllll, 11

Punts: lllllllllllllllllllllllllt 6

Safety: llllllllllllllllllllll) 1 ) (2 Points)

TD's: llllllllllllllllllllllllllll) 3

FG's: llllllllllllllllllllllllllllll 1

o

Old 01-07-2024, 09:55 AM

Thanked 4,396 Times in 2,529 Posts

IMHO, I really only saw three atrocious plays yesterday. The first play on defense, the 32 yard screen to Collins near the end, and the TD pass to #47. The rest seemed to be the other team just making a play when they needed it. A lot of the plays could have gone either way.

I should add a fourth one, where Baker missed a tackle, but that may have been the Collins 32 yard catch.

I guess what I am saying is that the defense kept the team in it, while Taylor was pretty much all the offense could get anything from, outside of a few critical catches by Pittman. I still like Minshew, but as a backup, not as a starter for more than two or three games a year.
Colts And Orioles (01-07-2024)
Old 01-07-2024, 10:17 AM

Thanked 1,324 Times in 748 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
IMHO, I really only saw three atrocious plays yesterday. The first play on defense, the 32 yard screen to Collins near the end, and the TD pass to #47. The rest seemed to be the other team just making a play when they needed it. A lot of the plays could have gone either way.

I should add a fourth one, where Baker missed a tackle, but that may have been the Collins 32 yard catch.

I guess what I am saying is that the defense kept the team in it, while Taylor was pretty much all the offense could get anything from, outside of a few critical catches by Pittman. I still like Minshew, but as a backup, not as a starter for more than two or three games a year.
Those were different plays. Baker's big whiff was on Schultz which negated the Harrison sack the play before. I think the screen to Cross that you're talking about was on Hou's 2nd TD drive and in the 1st half.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (01-07-2024), Racehorse (01-07-2024)
Old 01-07-2024, 01:01 PM
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post

I guess what I am saying is that the defense kept the team in it, ) while Taylor was pretty much all the offense could get anything from, outside of a few critical catches by Pittman. I still like Minshew, but as a backup, not as a starter for more than two or three games a year.

o

I agree completely ...... after the disastrous first play from scrimmage, the Colts' defense held Stroud and company to 10 points for more than 3/4 of the game prior to their final, game-winning TD drive.

One nuance that I would like to add to your post is that it wasn't just Taylor who was excellent on offense, it was the Colts' overall running game ...... Zach Moss had 6 carries for 30 yards, and even Minshew had 1 carry for 9 yards on a scramble.

o

The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (01-07-2024)